Official Review: Destiny 2 by Hairi Lasisi

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3040
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Official Review: Destiny 2 by Hairi Lasisi

Post by Kibet Hillary »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Destiny 2" by Hairi Lasisi.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Destiny 2 is the second book in the Destiny series. The first book in the series was Destiny. In these books, the norms of the society are explained. The author of the book is Hairi Lasisi. Hairi was born in Nigeria. Currently, he lives in the US.

Destiny 2 is a non-fiction story. It entails several broad areas that are part of the human society. The book begins with an introduction on the greatness of God. Chapter one deals with the birthplace of the author, Hairi. Thereafter, the place of hard work in life is brought out clearly, as the author describes the life of a security guard. The qualifications for one to be a security guard are discussed as well. The author was a security guard himself while in school. He explains his experiences while he was working as a security guard. The other broad topics discussed in the book include cheaters, computer, and health.

The topics discussed in the book are areas that many people are familiar with. For example, the evolution of computers. The other issue is health. Here, the author writes about the causes of ill health. I found the information on ill health to be very useful, especially about Anemia. The language used is simple and everyone will find it easy to read this book.

I found some shortcomings that I believe should not be overlooked. The first is on the issue of grammar. There a lot of errors ranging from misspellings, incorrectly used words, wrong tenses, and sentences that lack meaning. It seems that the book was never edited because the errors are found on every page. The errors made reading this book a challenging task indeed. At some point, the reader has to struggle to find the meaning of some phrases. Some of the words that were misspelled repeatedly were ‘inn’ instead of ‘in’ and ‘loose’ instead of ‘lose’.

The book revolves mainly around general issues such as computers, security guard, health, and cheaters. The topics covered are not addressing the same issue. However, it is important to note that the book offers very good information on these topics. One will also be able to get some good points on the topic of gender and sex. I rate this book 1 out of 4 stars because of the failure to do proper editing. The typos should be looked into. The issue of addressing broad and unrelated topics can be overlooked but the quality of editing cannot. The book can be read by anyone who loves non-fiction. However, due to the multiple errors, I will not recommend anyone to read this book while in this state.

Destiny 2
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kibetious's review? Post a comment saying so!
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Corhan2
Favorite Book: Body of Evidence (Kay Scarpetta #2)
Currently Reading: Land of Painted Caves
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corhan2.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Corhan2 »

Thank you for the review. Despite the fact that the book contains some useful information it does not sound interesting. Not my cup of tea and editorial problems is also a big no for me.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

Thank you for your review and the troubles you had to go through it. Even though I'm a huge fan of non-fiction this topic certainly does not interest me and if the errors made you give only one star I rather take your word to account and skip this book.
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Supergirl1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-supergirl1.html
Latest Review: Unhinged by Steve Galley
Reading Device: B00M4L4NHY

Post by Supergirl1 »

This book sounds like it was such a task for you to read. I’ll pass.
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

This book doesn't sound like it was very well planned. I'm not even sure what the point of it was. It sounds like the author just threw together whatever random topics he wanted to talk about. The errors must have been egregious to knock this book all the way down to 1 star. Eeek. Definitely not interested at all. I hope this isn't a large series of books.
Kemunto lucy
Currently Reading: It's Easier to Dance
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemunto-lucy.html
Latest Review: Korian by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Kemunto lucy »

I guess this book is not for me. The book sounds a little boring. Thanks for the review.
stacie k
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacie-k.html
Latest Review: River Kids by Jennie Linnane

Post by stacie k »

I wonder what ties the different topics together? It's unfortunate that the editing (if any) was done so poorly. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this one. I hope you enjoy the next one more.
“The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable.” Proverbs 15:2a
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

It’s a struggle to review a book that disappointed you. You did a great job.
Laura Del
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-del.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Laura Del »

Yikes, I hate when the grammar is so bad you just cannot get past it. This doesn't seem like the book for me. Thanks for the heads up.
Adewunmi10
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Adewunmi10 »

Am really sorry but it a no from me too..
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

Well, as a reviewer you have done your duty to accentuate the positive and give good feedback on the negative. It sounds like this one will be great once the editing has been attended to.
Everything happens for a reason...
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

What a strange combination of topics that are covered. The whole thing seems slightly disorderly. Thank you for sticking it out through the poor editing/grammar to share your thoughts with us!
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Corhan2 wrote: 23 May 2018, 03:20 Thank you for the review. Despite the fact that the book contains some useful information it does not sound interesting. Not my cup of tea and editorial problems is also a big no for me.
Thanks too for taking the time to pen the reply. I hope that the author will consider doing another round of editing.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 23 May 2018, 03:49 Thank you for your review and the troubles you had to go through it. Even though I'm a huge fan of non-fiction this topic certainly does not interest me and if the errors made you give only one star I rather take your word to account and skip this book.
Thanks for the wonderful review. I also like non-fiction books but when the errors become too much, the book will certainly lose its captivating nature.
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Supergirl1 wrote: 23 May 2018, 08:41 This book sounds like it was such a task for you to read. I’ll pass.
Indeed it was. Thanks a lot for the reply.
- Dr. Larry Crabb

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”