Official Review: Restoring Your Child's Mental Health

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Seth018
Currently Reading: Tai Solarin
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Official Review: Restoring Your Child's Mental Health

Post by Seth018 »

The review has said it all. It will be an interesting book to read. I will definitely get a copy.
MagensWife1995
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magenswife1995.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by MagensWife1995 »

I have personally struggled with many mental health and anxiety issues. I plan to be a mom soon so I want to ensure that my child won't struggle as I did. I will have to read this book very soon.
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Dissonance by Aaron Ryan
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

I enjoyed reading this well-written review. This is a subject of great personal interest to me. While medication and therapy have their limitations, I'd need to see some very good evidence to begin to be remotely convinced about remedies with names like "quantum healing" (quantum physics is about sub-atomic particles) and "natural nutrient repair", given how meaninglessly the word "natural" is often used. Hmm.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

This book will introduce readers to common mental health issues that young people of these days tend to face. A book discussing any of them should be recommended to every young person out there. Thank you for the review
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

This book will introduce readers to common mental health issues that young people of these days tend to face. A book discussing any of them should be recommended to every young person out there. Thank you for the review
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
T2theTABU
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t2thetabu.html
Latest Review: Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Post by T2theTABU »

As an academic librarian, I can't help but be immediately turned off by the fact that Ms. Guyol has no credentials but personal experience and some research from equally questionable sources.

Additionally as someone with diagnosed depression and generalized anxiety who has been medicated on and off for the last ten years, I cannot endorse any source that wholesale condemns the use of medication. Factors such as genetics, the presence of stressors in the child's life, and the particular mental/behavioral disorder in question must all be considered when constructing a treatment plan. Homeopathic remedies that work for some may be useless for others, just as pharmaceuticals and talk therapy may work for some but not all cases.

I would feel better about this book, and Ms. Guyol's advice therein, if she had co-written with a psychologist or psychiatrist, or a doctor specializing in homeopathic remedies.
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Dissonance by Aaron Ryan
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

T2theTABU wrote: 30 Sep 2018, 13:29 As an academic librarian, I can't help but be immediately turned off by the fact that Ms. Guyol has no credentials but personal experience and some research from equally questionable sources.

Additionally as someone with diagnosed depression and generalized anxiety who has been medicated on and off for the last ten years, I cannot endorse any source that wholesale condemns the use of medication. Factors such as genetics, the presence of stressors in the child's life, and the particular mental/behavioral disorder in question must all be considered when constructing a treatment plan. Homeopathic remedies that work for some may be useless for others, just as pharmaceuticals and talk therapy may work for some but not all cases.

I would feel better about this book, and Ms. Guyol's advice therein, if she had co-written with a psychologist or psychiatrist, or a doctor specializing in homeopathic remedies.
Thanks for this. I listen to voices like yours on these subjects. Welcome to the site!
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
grace8031
Currently Reading: Rats on the train
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace8031.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by grace8031 »

A mental health book that covers all areas offering solutions is a must read. We can never be too careful when it comes to the kids . We live in a jungle of diseases it can never hurt to be well equipped with information how to deal with such issues
Angeleve88
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 615

Post by Angeleve88 »

I think this is a good help to mothers like me to guide on how we train our kids specially the young adolescents.
Thumbs up to the author.
stalliongirlke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stalliongirlke.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by stalliongirlke »

Mental health is a topic that touches everyone in the society so a book that explores this issue is relevant in the twentieth century
Leslie123
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Leslie123 »

Its a mental awareness topic and should be really given time to learn or explore it but its not my genre. Though the storyline is very detailed and the gist of it will benefit us all. Thanks!
Samuel_Elihu_Eze
Currently Reading: Big Bad Fake Groom
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Samuel_Elihu_Eze »

Judging from the reviews,I think this will be a great book...gonna read it soonest.
isaiah best2
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by isaiah best2 »

Good review, mostly people thought that mental health in a tenager can only be solve by taking drugs but thanks for making me to understand that reading books related to mental health like this Topic can solve a tenager mental misbehavior, actually such thing has happened to me before when i was a tenager and my parent could not control it and i was locked up in a police station for days before i was transfered to a mental health hospital but i thank God that i was able to recover from that psycologycal problem..
Thanks a lot i will buy a copy of this book very interesting.
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 776
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

Thank you for a well-written review. As a mom who to struggles with an autistic teenage child, I can certainly relate to the need for this book.
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
Ab001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ab001.html
Latest Review: Unveil your Intimate Self by Elena Georgiadou

Post by Ab001 »

The really interesting thing about the book is how mental condition can be healed without medicine,nice review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”