Official Review: Restoring Your Child's Mental Health

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ReviewerDiksha
Currently Reading: The Katharina Code
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerdiksha.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Official Review: Restoring Your Child's Mental Health

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Restoring Your Child's Mental Health" by Gracelyn Guyol.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Restoring Your Child’s Mental Health by Gracelyn Guyol is exactly what its name suggests. It is centred around the issues of mental health and covers maladies ranging from depression and anger issues to schizophrenia and Down’s Syndrome. You might ask, why do we need another book on mental health? There are already a lot of books by more qualified people covering a lot more ground than this hundred-something-pages book seems to cover. The thing is that this book is nothing like its counterparts. It doesn’t just summarise the problems and repeat the already known solutions. It helps the reader in understanding the problem and presents a solution that’ll hit the problem at its core.

The writer has derived inspiration from her own experiences. She is aware that the audience of this book will be the people who have a relatable problem at their hands. These people already know the symptoms of depression, autism, anxiety, insomnia, PTSD, or any other mental issue that plagues them or their loved ones. Restoring Your Child’s Mental Health cuts to the chase and gets right down to providing essential solutions. Divided into four sections and condensed into ten chapters, it starts with the importance of drug-free treatment. It touches on intricate techniques like Quantum Healing (trust me, it isn’t as complicated as it sounds), and suggests simple methods like Natural Nutrient Repairs.

The writing style of the author is very simple. Yes, there is a lot of science in it, and you’ll frequently come across scientific terminology. However, it isn’t overdone. You won’t scratch your head every time something science-related comes on. Every concept has been broken down into simple language and described as concisely as possible. Just enough for you to get a hold of basics so that you can comprehend the bigger picture. It is understandable that before you start imparting these methods practically, you should know how it will affect your body and what you should expect. It can be a bit complicated sometimes, but it isn’t gibberish. There are website links and other references, in case, you’d like a comprehensive explanation.

What sets it apart from other books on the same topic is its approach towards understanding the mental disorders. Since the brain is believed to be the inception point of mental problems, the solutions, too, are directed towards it. This book sheds new light on the matter. It provides a different lens to view the problem, and hence, presents entirely different ways to solve it. It takes us away from the drugs and medicines that provide only a temporary solution. Rather, it focuses on alternative methods and techniques, especially for children, that have shown good results. It sheds light on the history of the suggested methods- how and when they began, and how they’ve evolved over the years. It lists the pros and cons of every procedure, compares and decodes every method to lay down a complete picture in front of the reader.

My rating for Restoring Your Child’s Mental Health is 4 out of 4 stars. It is a short book, it’s easy to read, and it doesn’t beat around the bush. The time spent on reading it will be the time well-spent. I didn’t find anything in it that wasn’t relevant to its cause. You’ll learn something in every line. It isn’t just another book with the same old regimen of medicines and therapy. It brings something new to the table, and who knows, it might even hold the key to the permanent solution of your troubles.

Restoring Your Child's Mental Health
View: on Bookshelves

Like ReviewerDiksha's review? Post a comment saying so!
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I'm curious what methods she suggests. This could be an interesting read. Thanks.
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by 0748384299 »

am a new member and i like your review. In fact it is my first review to read in this club. This book must be very interesting.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

This is indeed rare. A book that offers the solution to mental health issues. Thank you for your straightforward review.
Adebisi Oluwatoni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adebisi-oluwatoni.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Adebisi Oluwatoni »

This sounds intriguing. Im interested in mental health so i would check this out
NL Hartje
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

Surprisingly, this book highly interests me; I actually read your review twice :techie-reference:

My oldest has struggled with anger, depression and an overall inappropriate emotional response to the negative aspects of life. My husband and I were embarrassed and struggled with admitting there was something going on that required attention beyond our ken. In the end, he saw the school psychologist from ages 5-7 and we were referred to MANY books and techniques for teaching him appropriate emotional responses. This book seems like something that could have really helped us during our struggles. Although his social functioning is "normal" now, I'm glad to see there are still more books being created on this topic.

Thanks for this review!
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This sounds like a book that's worth reading. Not only does this introduce you to mental health topics, but it offers advice to help with the problems. Thanks for introducing this one to us.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Nimat87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimat87.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Nimat87 »

I'm interested in learning about the human psychology in general. This book sounds like a page turner. The fact that it is easy to read, concise and straight to the point are most endearing to me.

Thanks for the review!
agboola adenike
Currently Reading: White Witch
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by agboola adenike »

waoh, what a nice preview about a book! if it is easy to read, then it doesn't need a dictionary to look for the meanings of the scientific terminologies, anybody can just read and understand
omomudu1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by omomudu1 »

This is a must read book because it term to highlight points needed to improve a child life when it seen as if it is over
Kamau Paul
Currently Reading: UBER Taxi Cab Confessions
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Kamau Paul »

First of all i admit that i am very sensitive when it comes to matters health. Like you said the book might be a permanent key to unlocking and shedding the light to some of us. Though at times terminologies might be a bit mind cracking, it is a must read. Great review
Carris72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carris72.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Post by Carris72 »

Having a background in Psychology, I think this book will help broaden my knowledge. Thanks for the review. Am sure I'll enjoy reading this one.
adeniranoye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by adeniranoye »

Restoring your child's menta health is a book that can solve a problem which a person may have passing through for long, is an interestable one, please, let it be spread all over, its a way of helping others
Good work,
MalgwiP
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MalgwiP »

the is one of the best that I review :techie-studyingbrown: about mental health issues
Sonya Nicolaidis
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonya-nicolaidis.html
Latest Review: My Delightfully Dysfunctional Family by Loraine Hartley

Post by Sonya Nicolaidis »

The issue of mental health is becoming more familiar these days especially with troubled youngsters, and I'm grateful for any books on the market that help tackle this problem before it turns to tragedy...this book seems to bring new insights and hopefully some solutions to the table, and it really sounds as if its worth reading. Nice review - thank you!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”