Official Review: The Champion’s DNA

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3018
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Official Review: The Champion’s DNA

Post by Kibet Hillary »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Champion’s DNA" by Born Instinctivly to Trunph In any Circumstance.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“It’s not what you face, but how you face what faces you that sets you apart in the original formation of which God made you,” says Vincent D. Noble in his book, ‘The Champions DNA’. The title of the book is The Champion’s DNA: Born Instinctively To Triumph In Any Circumstance. Having served in the military for more than thirty years, Vincent has written this book offering practical steps from his own life.

The book expounds on the fact that every human being has a purpose. This purpose can only be realized if one is willing to undergo the process that awaits. It is an eye-opener to the causes of numerous unrealized dreams and untapped potential. The author proposes that there are some necessary ‘tools’ that will lead to unlocking the winner every person was born to be. The factors that are discussed in depth are purpose, enthusiasm, tenacity, optimism, confidence, inspiration, integrity, discipline, compassion and accountability.

The main argument I picked from the book is that everyone is destined for greatness. The only problem is that people focus on them themselves hence see limitations. The author points us to focus on God who is the creator and who deposited limitless potential in us. The self-destructing habits that are developed in the course of one’s life are to be overcome. Anything that has been learned and is a limitation needs to be unlearned.

The book is professionally edited. It is written in the first person point of view. The language used is simple. There are a few grammatical errors that are not easily noticeable. Another error is where the author quoted a scripture that was wrong. Isaiah 43:2 was quoted instead of Philippians 4:13. The book is organized into sizeable chapters that deal with a specific factor each. This, I believe, is a good format as one can dedicate some time to go through a chapter at a go. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I recommend this to everyone who feels like giving up in life. It is indeed a great self-help book and more than this. Though the personal experiences of Vincent are not dwelt on largely, the few that are mentioned have major lessons for the readers. This book would be most suitable for those above ten years.

The thematic issues in the book include the need for integrity and the place of society in shaping lives of individual persons in it. I agree with the author that everyone is uniquely created and may not be able to fit into the expectations of the society. Everyone should accept this but bear in mind that diversity is the plan of God. Indeed, there is no truth other than that, ‘Everyone has a Champion’s DNA’. However, challenges that include societal perception and description that limit one’s potential have to be overcome.

The Champion’s DNA
View: on Bookshelves

Like Kibetious's review? Post a comment saying so!
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Thank you for the comprehensive review. However, it does seem like I will have to give it a miss, since there seems to be a hint of proselytisation present. Still, it does seem like a great book, and I do agree with the author that one should not force oneself to fit into society's norms and expectations.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

When we focus on God, he will provide us with all the winning ways. Thank you for your detailed review.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

Thanks for this review which shows how reading this book could be inspiration to those who are moving towards their goals and especially the sentence that goes 'God who is the creator and who deposited limitless potential in us. '
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3018
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Thanks for the comments. Indeed, the book is full of inspirations and anyone could read it, both christians and those who are not.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”