Official Review: Understanding the Power of Resilience Ec...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
420waystoreachthesun
Currently Reading: Bomb Goggles
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-420waystoreachthesun.html
Latest Review: The Complete Thief Series: Boxed Set by Michael Dirubio

Official Review: Understanding the Power of Resilience Ec...

Post by 420waystoreachthesun »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Understanding the Power of Resilience Economy" by Mohamed Buheji.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Understanding the Power of Resilience Economy by Mohamed Buheji is a wonderful text that that explores a lot of ideas that are needed to be understood for the stability of any country or society. This book is perfect to understand as well as withstand adverse shocks and reduce the economic costs that have been historically associated with weak economic structures. The goal of this book is to essentially demonstrate how resilience transforms and impacts society.

The author traces the potential of resilience economy in each of the ten chapters. Chapter one and two set the base for the reader to help him get the basic idea of what resilience economy is. Chapter three talks about the evolution of resilience economy. In chapter four and five, the author talks about different resilience economy enablers and types. Ultimately, we reach chapter ten, which acquaints the reader with “best practices in sustaining resilience economy and how to create reference models”.

First of all, the very concept of “resilience economy” was new to me, and after reading about it, I must say it’s brilliant. The very idea of making the reader understand the potential of something like RE is quite incredible and the fact that the author decided to write a book about it blows my mind. According to the author, “Since most dictionaries define resilience in terms of the ability to recover quickly from the effect of an adverse incident, resilience economy (RE) is about the recovery enablers, tools, the capacity of the economy.” Hence, resilience economy, as one might imagine, is intimately linked with the term “resilience”. It is a positive force. It isn’t about failure, but about recovery. I found this concept quite intriguing. The very term itself is inviting.

When it comes to the book, the author definitely doesn’t disappoint. It is clear that the author of the book has done extensive research and eloquently penned down his findings. The content of the book is coherent and well-structured, and this helps the reader find his way while reading it. It is overall a brilliant book. The only thing that I found problematic was the writing style of the author. The sentences were choppy and the narrative was often abrupt. There were times when the grammatical structures didn’t make much sense. They weren’t technically wrong, but they were sloppily constructed.

However, I suggest this book to young adult and adult who loves economics. I give this book 3 out of 4 stars.

Understanding the Power of Resilience Economy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like 420waystoreachthesun's review? Post a comment saying so!
Ginnamassa19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ginnamassa19.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Ginnamassa19 »

I rarely read non-fiction (especially when it comes to economics), but the idea of the resilience economy does pique my curiosity, and I think it'll definitely attract the attention of others who are more interested in this field of study. Pity about the writing style, though!

Thank you for writing this review--it was short and sweet, and very clear :)
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

On the surface, this would seem to be a dry book, but my interest is piqued by your review. I might try this one.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

Thanks for this review which make one to peep into the contents of the book. Sounds interesting about the economic insights of a country. i will definitely read the book fully
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
420waystoreachthesun
Currently Reading: Bomb Goggles
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-420waystoreachthesun.html
Latest Review: The Complete Thief Series: Boxed Set by Michael Dirubio

Post by 420waystoreachthesun »

Thank you so much! It is worth the read

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”