Official Review: Pieces of Me by Lizbeth Meredith

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Re: Official Review: Pieces of Me by Lizbeth Meredith

Post by nikkyteewhy »

This book is so emotionally draining and to see its a non fiction makes the sadness worse. A lot of people are going through tough times and I hope they find the light at the end of the tunnel. This is a very detailed review, thank you so much
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

nikkyteewhy wrote: 12 May 2018, 17:36 This book is so emotionally draining and to see its a non fiction makes the sadness worse. A lot of people are going through tough times and I hope they find the light at the end of the tunnel. This is a very detailed review, thank you so much
The author’s strength was amazing.
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

teacherjh wrote: 12 May 2018, 18:47
nikkyteewhy wrote: 12 May 2018, 17:36 This book is so emotionally draining and to see its a non fiction makes the sadness worse. A lot of people are going through tough times and I hope they find the light at the end of the tunnel. This is a very detailed review, thank you so much
The author’s strength was amazing.
Yes indeed it was.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Bianka Walter wrote: 10 May 2018, 12:21
teacherjh wrote: 08 May 2018, 21:10 If it had been fiction, I would have put it down and called the author unrealistic.
I love this line. It really sums up Lizbeth's struggle.
Thanks for the sincere review.
Ditto! Truth is really stranger than fiction. I cannot imagine the pain that Lizbeth went through. The title is evocative of the way she was shattered by her life experiences. I hope Lizbeth has found all the pieces, and they all fit snugly now.
Jackie Holycross

Miriam Molina wrote: 13 May 2018, 10:49
Bianka Walter wrote: 10 May 2018, 12:21
teacherjh wrote: 08 May 2018, 21:10 If it had been fiction, I would have put it down and called the author unrealistic.
I love this line. It really sums up Lizbeth's struggle.
Thanks for the sincere review.
Ditto! Truth is really stranger than fiction. I cannot imagine the pain that Lizbeth went through. The title is evocative of the way she was shattered by her life experiences. I hope Lizbeth has found all the pieces, and they all fit snugly now.
I like your take on the title. I interpreted it as referring to her girls. I know I feel my children are pieces of my heart.
haleygerstenberg
Currently Reading: Amusing ourselves to death
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haleygerstenberg.html
Latest Review: Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Post by haleygerstenberg »

This sounds like an incredibly intense story, given all the elements you've described as being part of it... I can't imagine what it would be like to have dealt with all those things during your childhood, and then to see it happening to your own children and be unable to stop it... Thank you for your review, it sounds like a great book
BriennaiJ
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briennaij.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by BriennaiJ »

This book is definitely interesting. It is so sad that this is nonfiction, and that this poor woman had to go through so much just to get her children back. What makes it even more interesting was that this was only in the 1990s, even though it sounds like something that could have happened in the early to mid 1900s. Women have had to struggle so much, and she is just another sad example.
Jackie Holycross

Thanks for leaving me a comment. It really was a great book.
AbbyGNelson
Currently Reading: Heir to the Empire
Bookshelf Size: 839
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbygnelson.html
Latest Review: Asa's Gift by Isaac Green

Post by AbbyGNelson »

I don't often read non-fiction, and this one sounds a bit dark and emotional. Good to hear that it is well written! Thanks for the review!
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

teacherjh wrote: 12 May 2018, 13:34
Sahani Nimandra wrote: 11 May 2018, 08:14 A heart wreaking read! I'm glad it is non-fiction it just shows how people suffer in life in different ways and the courage needed in life to push longer. This reminded me of a woman called Catherine, she was the first woman who fought for a mother's and a woman right in Great Britain for her own earning and custody to her children. This took place in the Victorian era. Sad affair but she won at last. It was a male dominant era at that time even though England was run by a queen. Thank you!
Cool. Is there a book about it?
This sounds really intriguing! Like teacherjh, do you perhaps have a recommendation if there is a book available for Catherine's fight for women's rights?
Jackie Holycross

AbbyGNelson wrote: 14 May 2018, 17:40 I don't often read non-fiction, and this one sounds a bit dark and emotional. Good to hear that it is well written! Thanks for the review!
It is dark and emotional, but it is also full of hope and determination. That's what I liked best about it.
DathanReeves
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dathanreeves.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by DathanReeves »

It amazes me how a story can be so tragic people question its validity. Goes to show we live in a mad world and depend on the perseverance of the strongwilled to make it better.
Jackie Holycross

DathanReeves wrote: 15 May 2018, 18:00 It amazes me how a story can be so tragic people question its validity. Goes to show we live in a mad world and depend on the perseverance of the strongwilled to make it better.
Well spoken. I believe in people changing the world, not systems or governments.
Jackie Holycross

AmySmiles wrote: 10 May 2018, 09:37 I have been enjoying books like this recently. I just might have to check this one out. Thanks for the review!
You really should, it's a great book. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Thanks for commenting.
Jackie Holycross

gen_g wrote: 14 May 2018, 23:43
teacherjh wrote: 12 May 2018, 13:34
Sahani Nimandra wrote: 11 May 2018, 08:14 A heart wreaking read! I'm glad it is non-fiction it just shows how people suffer in life in different ways and the courage needed in life to push longer. This reminded me of a woman called Catherine, she was the first woman who fought for a mother's and a woman right in Great Britain for her own earning and custody to her children. This took place in the Victorian era. Sad affair but she won at last. It was a male dominant era at that time even though England was run by a queen. Thank you!
Cool. Is there a book about it?
This sounds really intriguing! Like teacherjh, do you perhaps have a recommendation if there is a book available for Catherine's fight for women's rights?
I’ve never heard of one, but I would read it.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”