Official Review: Hope Deferred by Carole Dougherty

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
azerikaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azerikaj.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Re: Official Review: Hope Deferred by Carole Dougherty

Post by azerikaj »

Feel for her, but I'm an atheist.
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

Thanks for your awesome review! I'll have to take you up on your recommendation. Being content during hard times is a lesson I yearn to learn. I'm happy to add this spiritually lifting book to my WTR shelf.
mariakavo88
Currently Reading: Raven's Fall
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariakavo88.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mariakavo88 »

I am not an overall religious person, and typically books that have to do with religion do not catch my attention. I have read several books on spirituality after a trying situation in my life. Between the sample and the review I would like to explore this book further, if not for the religous factor, but more so to hear the writers story.
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Post by Mouricia Allen »

It seems like a nice inspiring book. However, I am not pulled to read it. I think I will pass on this one.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

This book will certainly inspire any individual going through troublesome times. It will remind him/her that God has got his/her back covered. Thank you for your inspirational review of this book.
Championgirl
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Championgirl »

I am not a Christian and I have lost my faith aftet coming into western culture so I always find it difficult to understand Christian faith. The writer was raised by a sensible and humble woman. The community of the Church was a support but the writer mostly talks about her faith that didn't shake even though she had difficulties in life. I guess she was sad but not depressed. She did not despair. Her writing seems to jump quickly from one thing to the next but it could be because I only read the excerpt.
Catbilou
Favorite Book: The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter
Currently Reading: Liars leakers liberals
Bookshelf Size: 36

Post by Catbilou »

It sounds very inspiring, looking forward but not waiting to find joy but going full speed ahead and getting it!
Dori Lee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dori-lee.html
Latest Review: House of Dads by June Gillam
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dori Lee »

Thank you for your review. It sounds like a good book for those of faith and how you question it. This is not one I am interested in, but may pass along to people I know will appreciate it.
Roggyrus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roggyrus.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Roggyrus »

This is an inspiring story. When everything seems just awry, when even the smallest of your dreams won't come true, (that's a song lyric) then the only recourse you could have is the One above. Trying times come and go, but if your faith does not waver, everything will just fit into place. The proverbial trials, liken them to those of Job, and the recompensation will be forthcoming. Thanks for your interesting review.
Amanda Nicole Newton
Currently Reading: East Wind, 2nd Edition
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-nicole-newton.html
Latest Review: Shadow's Adventure Home by Kathy Kovar

Post by Amanda Nicole Newton »

Sounds like a very inspiring read about a mother's struggle and her realization God is always there. Doesn't sound to preachy like other books can. Good choice for a review!
Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.”
TheTrueNyree
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thetruenyree.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by TheTrueNyree »

I think this definitely would be a good read for anyone. We overcome by the words of our testimony. Our testimony can be the reassurance for someone else, so I am glad Carole Dougherty is sharing hers. Lord knows I know that Godbhas kept me strong through so much. And I realize that although i dont always see how things will get better, i know that i can trust God to handle it. I hope that those reading this book can be inspired to trust God too. I hope they find hope.
starshipsaga
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 2024
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starshipsaga.html
Latest Review: Secrets of the Dead by Murray Bailey

Post by starshipsaga »

It is unlikely that I will read this since I am not into memoirs or books about religion and faith. However, I am glad to hear you enjoyed it so much. This one sounds like a very inspiring and motivational book, for anyone who is facing difficulties or hardship in their lives. It's nice to hear that author's brightness and cheer comes through in the writing too!
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

Sounds like a hopeful book I could use right now. I like the author's steadfastness in waiting on God and her unquestionable faith. I like the fact that she didn't bail out on the family like her husband did to her. Thanks for a wonderful review of the book.
Sindhu Srinath
Currently Reading: Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sindhu-srinath.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: B06Y66GMC5

Post by Sindhu Srinath »

Not my genre. I hope it inspires many. Congrats on the review!
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

I am glad that in this story the main character Dougherty gets emotional support by keeping trust in her faith . Even though she is leading a rough life with all kinds of problems at every step, her faith gives her that cushion of emotional support to move forward in her life. Seems like a nice inspirational book to read.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”