Official Review: Freedom From Debt by Es Westmoreland

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Official Review: Freedom From Debt by Es Westmoreland

Post by kwame1977 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Freedom From Debt" by Es Westmoreland.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Freedom From Debt is a non-fiction book written by Es Westmoreland and published in 2009. With the Holy Bible as her main source of reference, the author has delved into various ways by which a person can break away from the bondage of debt and live a fulfilling life. In her introduction, she has asked her readers questions relating to the management of their finances. She has established the fact that money can either work for you or against you. She has expressed her opinion on the promises of God concerning the finances of a born-again Christian. She has delved into the concept of tithing by making a reference from Malachi 3:8-12. It has been said that God's plan of tithing is not to take your hard-earned money, but that you give God something to work with so he may bless you according to his plan for your financial abundance. The author has demonstrated a simple way of calculating tithes. Furthermore, she has stated the importance of tithing.

It has been stated that tithing does not only open the windows of heaven, but God also rebukes the devourer for us. The author has used her personal experience in her explanation. References have also been made of strong Bible-based teachers such as John Avanzini, Lary Burkett, Gerald Davis and Dave Ramsey. The dangers of 'get-rich-quick' schemes have been explained. The credit card debt has been described as a huge trap. She has further explained some financial decisions and strategies necessary to stay out of debt.

Although this is a short book, the contents are filled with ways of creating wealth and getting out of debt. The book contains some Christian doctrines such as faith in God, hard work, sharing with others and the concept of giving. The author has inspired her readers using simple ways and strategies that will create real wealth and get them out of debt. I see this book as enlightenment to a world of financial freedom. The author has stressed that it is important to do our part by working hard so God can do the supernatural.

The words and expressions are within the comprehension of an average reader. There are no spelling or grammatical errors. I can see that the author did a lot of research before writing such an amazing book. The benefits of this book supersede all physical gains because knowledge is power. Although the author has used the Holy Bible as her main source of reference material, this book can be beneficial to all the religions of the world.

However, I realized that numerals have not been assigned to the table of contents. This is necessary to guide readers. Also, the font size used is relatively small. It is necessary to use larger font size, so readers wouldn't have to strain their eyes when reading.

I am impressed with this work done by Es Westmoreland. The above limitations do not provide enough grounds to discredit this book. These are minor limitations. I hope the author will fix them in her next edition. I, therefore, rate her book Freedom From Debt 4 out of 4 stars.

Freedom From Debt
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kwame1977's review? Post a comment saying so!
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Post by Libs_Books »

I think that, in the Bible, it is recommended that all debts are forgiven after a set number of years (7?)
That would certainly make it easier to keep out of debt, as lenders wouldn't lend such large sums.
a_jerobon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by a_jerobon »

Your review is amazing. The book too. It is really an enlightenment to financial freedom. I love that the author has used the bible as the main source of reference. It is also good that you have emphasized in your review that it is applicable to any religion despite the bible being the main source of reference.
Eddy 23 precious
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Eddy 23 precious »

Official Review: Freedom From Debt By Es Westmoreland

A wonderful book to lead one to financial freedom. It is a good review as it makes one curious for the book. I like the fact that the author has biblical reference as it gives some reality.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

It is always helpful to have numbers assigned to the table of contents. However, that probably wouldn't stop me from reading this book. I think we could always use advice on how to manage our money. Debt is so high right now in American households. Thanks for the book!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Natalie_Taylor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalie-taylor.html
Latest Review: The Eclipsed by Dara Kent

Post by Natalie_Taylor »

She used the Bible as her only reference for a book on financial success? The concept of tithing rests on the idea of karma. What Goes Around Comes Around. I hardly think that's a solid enough concept to base your personal finance on. I doubt I would have been as forgiving as this review.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

I have often noticed that giving tends to lead to receiving, whether the giving be by way of tithing or other donating. I'm glad you gained such a positive message from the book.
Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace
Currently Reading: When Leaves Fall
Bookshelf Size: 1583
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigozie-anuli-mbadugha.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha »

I think this is a topical topic. :D
A lot of people are getting into debt and desire financial freedom.
:tiphat: Thanks for writing such an insightful review!
Riszell
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 1041
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riszell.html
Latest Review: Chancing Hope by Lisa Slater

Post by Riszell »

“A man has to work to gain mercy from God.”
I'm intrigued as to how the table of contents with no numbers is necessary as a guide for readers.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”