Official Review: Succeed Beyond Adversity Too

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Official Review: Succeed Beyond Adversity Too

Post by kwame1977 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Succeed Beyond Adversity Too" by Robert L Comradd Sr..]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

'There is a ray of light at the end of every tunnel'. This is a popular saying of philosophers and motivational speakers. In his book Succeed Beyond Adversity Too, Robert L Comradd Sr. has delved into the concept of success and the paths that lead to success. This is a non-fiction book published in 2010. He has used his experiences from his childhood to adulthood to explain his points. These experiences enabled him to define his own destiny. He has attributed his success to his mother who was active in the civil right movement. He was suspended whilst in the elementary school for a fight he did not start. He was detained in second grade in the NAACP. He was dismissed from work without any reason. In 1977, he joined the military and fought in the Gulf War. It was difficult for him to find a civilian job after he had left the military. He was not paid any commission for not generating sales for a particular week as a salesperson. These and other experiences compelled him to write such an amazing book about life.

The author has stated that adversity comes in so many ways to different people. In order to survive in this world, you must have the staying power. He has further stated that our limitations are only in our minds and nothing is impossible. He has successfully established that fact that life is a constant battle and knowledge is the key to achieving greatness. People who want to protect their future must first create it.

I have been moved greatly by these words of inspiration. Apart from using his own personal experiences in proving his points, he has made references to renowned personalities such as Mr Les Brown, Dr Martin Luther King Jr. and Napoleon Hill. He has flooded this book with hundreds of inspirational messages and quotations from philosophers and motivational speakers. The contents of the book cover a wide subject area such as relationship, entrepreneurship, religion and social life. He has further indicated some signs of good and bad relationship. He has established the fact that what causes a relationship to end is not what you do, but what you stop doing. He has also made references to some quotations from the Holy Bible to prove his points.

Words and expressions are within the comprehension of an average reader. The use of literary devices is excellent. There are no spelling or grammatical errors. The title of the book is relevant to its contents. There is a table of contents to guide readers. The author has provided a simple activity at the end of the book to engage his readers. I recommend this book to all young people who are about to enter into entrepreneurship. This book can be a useful manual for religious leaders and motivational speakers.

The column I provided for the purpose of writing the limitations of this book is empty. This book is well written as there are no omissions. I recommend the author finds a suitable sponsorship for this book so that it will be beneficial to lots of people.

Robert L Comradd Sr. has done a good job. I have graded his book with a distinction. I hope he will write more of such books for the benefit of society. I, therefore, rate his book Succeed Beyond Adversity Too 4 out of 4 stars.

Succeed Beyond Adversity Too
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kwame1977's review? Post a comment saying so!
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

Author Comradd has obviously been tested at almost all levels and has survived. He is now able to write this awesome book, that can only inspire everyone that comes in contact with it. Thank you for your very detailed review.
Sagittarian Sparrow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Sagittarian Sparrow »

Your review of Author Comradd certainly provides me with an excellent example of how to go about reviewing a book. As a novice in this site and as someone who would like to try her hand in making a review for a book, I am grateful that you have given me a great guide on how to do it and like a good salesperson, you have just egged me on reading this particular book and how any material this author may write would be something I should really check out based on the excellence of his writing of this book.
BRYNATE
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by BRYNATE »

Comrad is a good example of a well lived life, though there are many challanges he goes through, he is persistant and never gives up at any point
Eddy 23 precious

Post by Eddy 23 precious »

Official Review: Success Beyond Adversity Too

From your review, I like the book for it is inspiring for fellows who will like to rise beyond the ladder. I like inspirational and motivational quotes. Since the author has highlighted them and his manner of writing is excellent from the praise given, I can't miss this one.

*reading books should be one's favorite *
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

There is definitely adversity that will come in all our lives at point or another. I've always said that it's how you deal with it. Sounds like this is a very motivational book. Thanks for the review!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

I like how the author does not rely strictly on his own statements of motivation and inspiration, but also incorporates leaders in the field of inspiration. Thank you for a thoughtful review!
okh

Post by okh »

It is quite amazing and gratifying to know how the author has distilled his personal experiences for others learn from and become better people. Though I have not read the book from the review I am quite convinced that the book must be instructive and full of lessons. Thank you.
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Thank you for your insightful review. I could relate to the author's story of his civilian life after leaving the military profession. There are indeed countless adversities that we will find in life, but we should not really be losing hope as long as we remain alive and breathing. Each one of us does have our own unique struggles in life (even those who we would usually believe to be tougher than we are). Respect and kindness are not just buzzwords but are also ideal for making our world a better place; thus, I admire and appreciate those who do, and understand those who still don't as they may eventually do.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”