Official Review: HYPNOTHERAPY, assertions and affirmation...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EmunahAn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emunahan.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Official Review: HYPNOTHERAPY, assertions and affirmation...

Post by EmunahAn »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "HYPNOTHERAPY, assertions and affirmations for Christians" by Dr. Lauren J. Ball.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

According to Dr. Lauren J. Ball, in the book, Hypnotherapy, assertions and affirmations for Christians, Hypnotherapy is, “The art and science of helping a patient or client resolve, problems, ailments, dysfunctions, illnesses, or afflictions through hypnosis.”

While practicing her profession as a Chiropractic, Dr. Lauren J. Ball became interested in Hypnotherapy as a form of treatment, having been fascinated by the method’s ability to treat emotional and mental disorders.

In Hypnotherapy, assertions and affirmations for Christians, the author shares her knowledge of the subject from the experience she gained in her forty years of experience. In the book, she lists and explains many affirmations and assertions that anyone can use to heal and recover from their maladies. In this regard, the key difference between an assertion and affirmation is that assertions involve more than one person while affirmations are undertaken by one person through declaration. The assertions and affirmations are fortified by having faith in Christ Jesus and believing God for healing. Ultimately, the goal is that the patient will grow spiritually and will be well again.

Even though the book contains some grammatical errors, there is a lot that can be gained from reading, Hypnotherapy, assertions and affirmations for Christians which led me to my rating of 3 out of 4 stars. From the beginning, it was obvious to me that the author is passionate about what she does. This is further reflected by the research that goes into the book through the many affirmations and assertions that are contained in the author’s work. In this respect, the reader will have adequate content to help them overcome their illness.

Dr. Lauren J. Ball also offers clear and concise instructions on how the information in the book can be used to achieve positive results. The language of the book is simple and understandable such that anyone, regardless of their knowledge of Hypnotherapy, can easily read and understand the prescribed process of recovery. The method of treatment described is also quite easy to undertake but still requires faith, discipline and self-will. Professionals also will gain from reading the book as part of the book is dedicated to them.

Hypnotherapy, assertions and affirmations for Christians is less than two-hundred pages making the length and the content of the book uncomplicated. It is also distinctly structured. Each affirmation and assertion is plainly numbered and each chapter follows a similar format. This adds to the book’s overall succinctness.

At the beginning of the book, the author gives the reader a description of faith in God and its importance to the whole process, which forms an important background of what the book is all about. I definitely recommended the book especially for those who long to overcome their maladies through their Christian faith.

HYPNOTHERAPY, assertions and affirmations for Christians
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like EmunahAn's review? Post a comment saying so!
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.”
― Nora Ephron
Rachele4769
Currently Reading: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachele4769.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Rachele4769 »

I am so excited to find an author who has taken on this topic! I am a strong believer in the power of suggestions to the subconscious mind and the use of affirmations. As a Christian, much of what has been written feels a bit off. I love the explanation of assertions vs. affirmations. I will definitely have to read this one.
EmunahAn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emunahan.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Post by EmunahAn »

Rachele4769 wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 00:58 I am so excited to find an author who has taken on this topic! I am a strong believer in the power of suggestions to the subconscious mind and the use of affirmations. As a Christian, much of what has been written feels a bit off. I love the explanation of assertions vs. affirmations. I will definitely have to read this one.
Thank you for your comment. The book is remarkably informative.
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.”
― Nora Ephron
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

A chiropractor that starts practicing hypnotherapy? That's rather unusual. Usually it's a psychiatrist or counselor. I've never had hypnotherapy, though it does sound rather interesting. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

This is a very unique and innovative way to provide therapy to persons suffering from all sorts of ailments. I must, therefore, commend the author for presenting this book with such godly and effective solutions. Great review.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

I did a double take when I saw the title of this one. I have run into a lot of friction from the Christian community in regard to using phrases such as affirmation, hypnosis, and subconscious mind. It has been warned against as 'evil.' How wonderful to see a book taking on this topic to show that hypnosis can help the believer. Your review clearly shows that the heart of the author is to bring healing to people. And, isn't that what Jesus did? He went about doing good and healing the afflicted? I understand that this type of therapy can be misused, but with good intentions as what you described here, it can be a powerful to set captives free. Thank you for this insightful review.
Everything happens for a reason...
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by 0700444646 »

I commend the author for tackling on this topic,it's a great review
skalowag
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by skalowag »

This book really caught my attention. Different field but still studied hypno therapy. I lovehow well detailed this book is. Kudos to the author. I'll give this book 4 out of 4 stars
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

Thanks for providing insight about the book and let us know what kind of benefits one can expect from hypnotherapy
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”