Official Review: The God Debate - Dawkins in Denial

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Re: Official Review: The God Debate - Dawkins in Denial

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

I am glad the author strictly rejects Atheists views through scientific and biblical evidences. I think those who have speculations about God lives in fool's paradise. It is a biggest reality and one should admit it. Thanks for your thought provoking review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Mhomga somon
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mhomga somon »

Thanks the for the review, in my own way of understanding I believe that there is someone above the sky that is stronger than we mortals and all other living creatures in it which is called our God the creator.
haleygerstenberg
Currently Reading: Amusing ourselves to death
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haleygerstenberg.html
Latest Review: Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Post by haleygerstenberg »

Kibetious wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 07:36
Helen_Combe wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 05:26 Great review, I enjoyed it. I’m afraid I’ve never heard of Dawkins, so the debate would be lost on me.
Dawkins passed away recently. He was one of the science geniuses I believe. He acknowledged himself as the greatest atheist.
I think you may be thinking of Stephen Hawking, a brilliant scientist who did recently pass away... Richard Dawkins is still alive and kicking as far as I can find
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Thank you for the detailed review. This book certainly seems interesting, and I am definitely curious about the book - and am all the more glad that you said that the author defended his argument well.
0loh_itai
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by 0loh_itai »

Awesome review, simple and straight to the point
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A book addressing theological issues and attempting to refute atheist beliefs in a scientific way sounds impressing. Providing evidence to justify the arguments is a plus. That the book is well-researched, well-referenced and well-written is another plus. I am not fond of the genre, so will skip it. I am glad you enjoyed the book in spite of the little pedantic language. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

liked your review on this book which sheds light on scientific, biblical and historical evidence that the existence of God and sparks new thoughts on its revelations
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
AT6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by AT6 »

I love this book, especially talking about evolution, the big bang showing us or making us believe God exists.
tarafarah7
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1437
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Your review was helpful and well-written...thank you!! Today's BOTD isn't something that I'm interested in reading, although, I think it's awesome that everything is very well-researched, cited, and edited. It makes for easier reading when that is the case. I downloaded my copy in case I chamge my mind about reading it. Thanks, again! :-)
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

I haven't heard much about Dawkins and the New Atheist theories, but it's great to hear that the author uses scientific, historical, and biblical evidence to prove God's existence. I find the dissecting Evolution theory, the Big Bang Theory, and others interesting. Too bad about the writing being difficult to understand at times, though. I don't tend to like reading about arguments against atheist philosophy and attacks against anyone's beliefs, even against the evangelical atheist, Dawkins. I agree, that having such strong opinions against Dawkins might not be the correct way in opening his book. Though this isn't for me, it's great to hear that you found the book well-researched and that you enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing!
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

I don't see the point of this book. It's going to be a never-ending debate and it really is unnecessary. If you believe in God then you don't need this book to feel better, you either believe completely or not at all. If you don't believe in God then this book can't magically convince you He exists. It is just my opinion.
Britty01
Favorite Book: Will's Red Coat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britty01.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Britty01 »

Excellent review on a book that sounds like a must read for me. The fact that Higham has researched the topic thoroughly and he is able to provide biblical, scientific and historical evidence to support his position gives it more value for me.

It seems that the author has provided his view in an honest and thoughtful way, providing simplified examples of topics that would be difficult to grasp for a reader without prior knowledge of the subject.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

As a young researcher in the field of Biology, I am no stranger to Richard Dawkins' works. I am also a strong believer of his views on the theory of evolution by natural selection. On the other hand, being an atheist myself, religion is not really my thing. I almost ended up not being interested in this book, but then I realized that a researcher should be open-minded, and being open-minded entails learning (and judging) the logics provided by the other side as well. That is the only reason I am taking up this book. I am simply too curious after reading this well-written review. However, for those who haven't heard of/read Dawkins, I suggest you could take up some time to read some of his works. That will help to get both sides of the story.
Last edited by Shrabastee Chakraborty on 24 Jun 2018, 08:00, edited 1 time in total.
Dusamae
Favorite Book: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 116
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dusamae.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by Dusamae »

Thank you for the review. I had no idea who Dawkins was and I am not that interested in reading his book. I like that Terry Higham argued his beliefs about the existence of God, but I don't think this is my kind of book.
princessERI
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 599">Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princesseri.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by princessERI »

Finally, a book written by a Catholic which gives debatable arguments about the existence of God. I'm very intrigued on how he constructs his arguments and the facts that back it up. However, I'm not familiar with Dawkins and never heard about him so I may not relate on the comparison of his words and the author. Lots of books that talk about christianity are written by non-catholic that is why I hope to read it soon for a different kind of perspective. Thanks for the well written review. Congrats on BOTD.
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”