Official Review: A Roadmap To Career Success

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Children of the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 3838
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Re: Official Review: A Roadmap To Career Success

Post by truebookaddict »

I'm pretty excited about this book because both of my sons are in high school and my older son only has two more years. I can't wait to sit down with him and go through this together. He already has a pretty clear idea of what he wants to do, but I think this will be a big help to him and my younger son (he's only a year behind him!). It's good there aren't many errors. It will make for an easier read. Thanks for the great review!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

The readers feel themselves, provided with the best things of the world, reading the lengthy description of the book, in the 'Official Review: A Roadmap To Career Success, by John G Bendt'! It brings us, in the right frame of mind!
Samanthajayne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samanthajayne12.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Samanthajayne12 »

This sounds like such a helpful book! I wish I had something like this to refer to when I was deciding what to do in college!
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee

Post by Cristina Chifane »

I agree with you that the book is a valuable guide to high school and college students. I know that even grown-ups like you and me could still benefit from one or two of the tips offered throughout the book. Thanks for your review!
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
stedape
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stedape.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by stedape »

This is a great book. It provides valuable information on college to students. Good illustration on the cover as well.
Opemiseun
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Opemiseun »

This is a great book that give a child a sense of purpose and focus towards making a decision that will either change the life of that child by going to college or not going. It's also prepares the child on what to encounter. :lol: :lol:
joshfee77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshfee77.html
Latest Review: In Time Forever by Stefan Raicu

Post by joshfee77 »

A fantastic resource for high school kids to really plan and implement the future they desire. Would have loved having this book myself many years ago! Great review, thanks.
kemp1kor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemp1kor.html
Latest Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly
Reading Device: B00GNKRFEA

Post by kemp1kor »

I think this book could have really helped me when I was younger, as I never had a solid plan for my life. I had never heard of defining hard and soft skills until recently, and I think that really is an important step in finding a career path that fits. It sounds as if this book is thorough enough to really be helpful while still being short enough that it’s not too intimidating.
Doris Mbotela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-do57.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Doris Mbotela »

This is a book I would like to have for reference. I like the fact that the author emphasizes the aspect of soft skills. This is normally overlooked in similar books.
XJamie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by XJamie »

A Roadmap to Succes by John G Bent
It is like an educational book to the youngsters who are growing up in the world ; take up career decisions maturely
Ilyas ibn shittu

Post by Ilyas ibn shittu »

College is the most intricate stage of one's life and it is very delicate therefore it needs extra care to be able to succeed the adversities ot the college in which some if not all have been expressed by the author.
Carris72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carris72.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Post by Carris72 »

Wow! This book will definitely come in handy for me.
rangerbob3334

Post by rangerbob3334 »

A ROADMAP TO CAREER SUCCESS I wish I had known about this when I was going to college . Lots of insights and help I could have used. To this day , I still haven't settled on a path for life . Once out of college , I discovered that I didn't want to be a complete success . I have enjoyed the course I have taken as each day is something new.Call me a gypsy, traveller or just someone that got wise to the lies of life and went my own way. This book might have made a difference . A story just short enough not to get bogged down in details.
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

I like the realistic nature of the book. Firstly, it is short just fit for any teenager and college student. They already have enough books to read as part of their studies. Secondly, it has the "how" factor of achieving one's goals. I am definitely going to read it. Thanks for the detailed review.
tamdlyte
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ittersweet: Sanctuary (Part 1 of 3)</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295

Post by tamdlyte »

Sounds like this is more than just a college planner but more a life planner! Find that perfect career and nail it! :)

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”