Official Review: A Roadmap To Career Success

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alice in Wonderland
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 31

Re: Official Review: A Roadmap To Career Success

Post by Alice in Wonderland »

Helpful guide in choosing a career. Thanks much to A Roadmap To Career Success.
XJamie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by XJamie »

A ROADMAP TO A CAREER SUCCESS BY JOHN G. BENT
This is all about careers in general in which is built on someone's likings or hobbies/talent.
You may learn useful things to consider before entering a career like disadvantages and advantages
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

Though I am not fond of reading books like these, I think it would be really helpful for incoming freshmen to what expect at college. Universities are different, and I liked that the author managed to be general and as short (WOW ONLY 80!) as possible. Also, it would seem that the job interviews and career decision-making were inserted at the end, I think it would be very helpful once graduation comes. I think the author knew it might be out of place but at least it's a whole package from starting to finishing college with a bang!
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

Great review but I will pass on this one
Ruadhan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruadhan.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by Ruadhan »

From the reviewer's description, this sounds like exactly the book I could have used when I was looking at leaving high school, and lo, these many moon later, it may just be what I need to evaluate my current crop of possibilities. Great review!
KorOne
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by KorOne »

As an upcoming high school graduate I am really glad to be able to know that such a book exist. Your way of wording its book review has truly piqued my interest, and I wouldd love nothing more than to read it myself for future references.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an interesting motivational educational book that I rated 3 out of 4 stars. I am not a big fan of books of this genre, but the well-crafted onlinebookclub review convinced me to read the book. Congrats on being the BOTD.
harrymadede
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by harrymadede »

a great read for kids in high school it has some great straight forward ideas to help kids learn about themselves, available jobs careers and how they might fit together thumbs up to the author for this wish such book would be there while i was still in high school i give it a 5 star
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

Definitely sounds interesting for high school and college kids. I like the part about writing down your soft skills for referencing later. How to write a resume and preparing for an interview is also helpful.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

If only I'm one of those targeted audience, I would unhesitatingly pick this up and read. However, I will read this anyway to get information and will surely recommend to anyone I know who are within this type of audience.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Van112
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Van112 »

A very fun and self help book for those going to college. I think we can still learn from this book even if we are past college level already.
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav
Astrogem
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astrogem.html
Latest Review: The Elf Coup - Book Three of the Magi Charter by Jordan David
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Astrogem »

Really nice review. One of the most comprehensive and thorough ones I've seen. The only downside I see is that most kids look for these books right before college and not when entering high school. However, seems like I could of used it. Then maybe my college wouldn't of told me to come back when I decided what I wanted to be when I grew up. Again great job.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

It's too bad I'm already out of undergrad and going into my final year of grad school; this book sounds like it would've been helpful a few years ago! I might still read it just to see what I do and don't agree with. Thank you for the insightful review!
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

We are fortunate if we have chosen the career most suited to us. And for the oncoming crop of graduates about to enter college, it is better that choosing a career to pursue is not left to chance. This book is a boon to job-seekers someday when right at this juncture, the right choice has been made and due preparation and training having been completed, equipped the individual with the required skills and know-how. Nothing is more distressing than being imprisoned in a job you do not competently know or like. Thanks for your interesting review.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
Miercoles
Favorite Book: The Prize
Currently Reading: The Second Eve
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miercoles.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Miercoles »

An encouraging review. You are never too old to learn and this guide is invaluable for students preparing to go to college for the first time as well as those thirty and beyond seeking a career change.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”