Official Review: No Compromise by Dr. Max High

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Official Review: No Compromise by Dr. Max High

Post by Rosemary Wright »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "No Compromise" by Dr. Max High.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

No Compromise, by Dr. Max E. High, is about how Christians can live by faith and with integrity against all odds. With Bible stories, the author shows the qualities that are necessary for living a victorious life. Gradually, he describes how a person, who believes in the teachings of Jesus Christ, can live in a manner that is consistent with Godly values in an age of compromise. Using the extraordinary life experiences of Daniel, the Jewish hero of the Book of Daniel, Dr. Max encourages Christians to do the right thing at all times irrespective of the pressure compelling them to do otherwise.

In an exhortative way, the author begins the narrative with the explanation of compromise and then unveils the strategies for motivating and facilitating compromise. Every chapter of this book has some discussion questions based on a particular subject, and after the questions, the author enumerates some related Scriptures. This Bible class manual examines topics such as courage, crisis, power of praise, time, faith, humility, and refuge. According to the author, true faithfulness to God is not seen only in your determination to stand firm but in the way you do it.

With intriguing real-life experiences, he goes further to define faith and explains the difference between Biblical and misguided faith. In addition, Dr. Max narrates about the first dream King Nebuchadnezzar had and how Daniel interpreted it. He highlights some new revelations and how the dream relates to the kingdom of God. Since this narration is full of Godly principles, some non-Christians may not like it. What I enjoyed most in this book are the real-world stories used as illustrations. They are short, interesting, and filled with helpful lessons.

The narration is well written and easy to read. Consisting of 151 pages, it's a quick read, which should be kept as a spiritual guide. Added to it are some inspirational and thought-provoking quotes. Though the table of contents is properly arranged, I noticed an error in the numbering of the chapters in the book. Each chapter was doubled. Also, I saw a couple of grammatical errors and some line breaks on a few pages.

Overall, this narrative is engaging and encouraging. Its aim is to make readers see things from a Godly perspective and live a life of integrity. Hence, I rate it 3 out of 4 stars. I couldn't rank it more because of the above-mentioned flaws, and I recommend it for every one desiring to improve his or her character and Bible class teachers.

No Compromise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Rosemary Wright's review? Post a comment saying so!
Nelsy Mtsweni
Currently Reading: The Other Side of Him
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsnel006.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Nelsy Mtsweni »

Wow, that sounds like a very encouraging book for those that want to lead a life of integrity towards God. Thanks for the review.
A day is not measured by the harvest that you collect, but by the seeds that you plant.
Walxy35
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Walxy35 »

Great, This Review Is Full And Well Summarised, This Is Supperb.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This sounds very inspirational. It's odd how the chapters are doubled, but that sounds like something the author can take care of easily enough. I appreciate the information. Thanks so much!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator

kandscreeley wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 07:51 This sounds very inspirational. It's odd how the chapters are doubled, but that sounds like something the author can take care of easily enough. I appreciate the information. Thanks so much!
Thanks for reading this review and your comment.😊
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator

Walxy35 wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 07:27 Great, This Review Is Full And Well Summarised, This Is Supperb.
Thanks! That's so encouraging!
stacie k
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacie-k.html
Latest Review: River Kids by Jennie Linnane

Post by stacie k »

I'm always interested in a book that will help me grow in my faith. This one sounds scripturally reliable and engaging with the real-world stories used as illustrations. It sounds like a worthwhile investment of my time. Thanks for a great review!
“The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable.” Proverbs 15:2a
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

I will definitely read this one for the future. It sounds so inspirational. The advice given is so necessary for Christians and non-Christians alike in today's world.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

It's always nice to come across a book that sheds some revelation on a story that many of us have probably read, talked about or heard someone talk about many times over. I have found that with books like the one you described here, that I can read it, put it away and many many years later, I will find myself taking it off the shelf and turning to a page that speaks to my moment of need. Isn't that great how scripture works like that? It sounds like the author takes the living word and breathes some more life right into it. Thank you for your review. I hope the author cleans up the formatting so many more will be able to enjoy this book for its quality.
Everything happens for a reason...
qsusan
Favorite Book: Reaper Man
Currently Reading: Gone Girl
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-qsusan.html
Latest Review: The God Debate - Dawkins in Denial by Terry Higham

Post by qsusan »

It is right that as Christians we should not compromise or bend in our faith. Thanks to the author for writing a book which can help us to resist the lure of compromise.
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

This sounds like a good read. I like when authors dig deeper into well-known Bible stories.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Having read your wonderful review, I think that the book could get a higher rating.Nice work there though and hope the errors will be corrected soon. The reality is that at such a time and age as this,we all need to learn how not to compromise our beliefs and principles. The book is very applicable.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Having read your wonderful review, I think that the book could get a higher rating.Nice work there though and hope the errors will be corrected soon. The reality is that at such a time and age as this,we all need to learn how not to compromise our beliefs and principles. The book is very applicable.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

teacherjh wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 14:54 This sounds like a good read. I like when authors dig deeper into well-known Bible stories.
Very true. It is good this way other than writing a seemingly religious book that quotes other sources that are likely to have a question of its validity.
- Dr. Larry Crabb

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”