Official Review: Winning the war on cancer [January 2019 Book of the Month]

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cthrlopez
Currently Reading: Winning the War on Cancer
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cthrlopez.html
Latest Review: The Life and Lessons of a Young Author by Sunayna Prasad

Re: Official Review: Winning the war on cancer [January 2019 Book of the Month]

Post by Cthrlopez »

I enjoyed reading your review. It was written very professionally. I am currently reading this book. I will also be submitting an official review of this fascinating, true story. However, I am lamenting the fact that this book was not written by a biologist. The author definitely needs to be commended for her professional take on both the topic of cancer treatment and on her admiration of her father's brilliant work. I am one-third through the book.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

I appreciate this book because it offers a method that could lessen the pain(physical and financial aspects) suffered through radiation or chemo.
Shirley-Mercy 8
Favorite Book: Zeus Defied
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Shirley-Mercy 8 »

I’m impressed that the author found a way to make a serious topic entertaining! I would definitely be open to the ideas in this book, especially if I get the dreaded diagnosis. Thank you for a well-done review...i think herbal medicine are more advantageous than western medicine
usafzai
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by usafzai »

No doubt the author did a great and hardworking job for touching a sensitive issue .In fact this situation is facing all cancer effecty persons all over the world but no government and corporations even bather to looks towards the problems of those patients , they all are busy in making money but they forgot that the money will be left here and they all will be gone and that time they will realize that what they earn and what lose
aamirqazi

Post by aamirqazi »

I am empressed because the author did a great job to highlight the main problem of the world. No body interested in the issue of this , because everybody interested to make mony everyday.
But great job by author keep it up
upay
Currently Reading:

Post by upay »

fight to eradicate cancer.......This's a collective impact which should be deligently by all, BOTH medical expacts and those under service, first...in,order to successfully fight against Cancer we all learn how to control to avoid cancer. .above all God's Mercy is the ultimate.💪
tramadam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by tramadam »

Alternative way of treating cancer is more effective then western medicine.I believe this book has given a way to so many people.thank you for the amazing review.these are the kind of book that should be on the shelves.
Delightsome
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delightsome.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Delightsome »

Good review. I once read that eating boiled cassava is a cure. It helps a great deal.
Masilad

Post by Masilad »

I would try my nest before chemotheraphy because it is not a best method
nonamer_miss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonamer-miss.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by nonamer_miss »

This was a good read! As someone who came from a poor country, health care is often not a priority so people who are diagnosed with severe illness such as cancer just accept and go on with their life, with how much they can because trratments and medicines are costly. It's good to find out that there are natural alternatives which may not intirely cure them but can totally prolong their lives.

Thank you for a very good review and a trivia about Vitamin C.
tramadam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by tramadam »

It is so intriguing knowing how the author's father under want through various organizations all around the world in order to resurrect the lost knowledge to curing cancer using exotic plant.this book as given it all.
nkoanyane3 1

Post by nkoanyane3 1 »

I found the book quite fascinating. I was not aware of this information about cancer I never really took an interest in cancer after reading this I am most certainly intrigued on this topic, cancer.
Shola0706
Currently Reading: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shola0706.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by Shola0706 »

Oh wow. This is such a powerful review.

I always knew "Western" medicine is not as innocent as they make it seem.

I think I understand the exception you make with respect to Vit C. But I doubt it applies to other things, for example, they made calcium supplements and found it to be less effective until they realised Vit D is needed to absorb it.

In the end, whole foods might still be the route to go.

By the way, are we saying Vit C is the main prevention vitamin for cancer?
mercylynne
Currently Reading: China Rich Girlfriend (Crazy Rich Asians #2)
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercylynne.html
Latest Review: A Police Action by A. A. Freda

Post by mercylynne »

I love the review ,thank you. This book touches on a topic that many people have questions on , I would definitely check it really like its message.
rogerthat
Favorite Book: Who Told You That You Were Naked?
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rogerthat.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by rogerthat »

This is a great book to read. I thank the author for enlightening the readers. After reading this review, I desire to read the book. I believe there is cure for cancer.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”