Official Review: Winning the war on cancer [January 2019 Book of the Month]

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jotedor
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Winning the war on cancer [January 2019 Book of the Month]

Post by Jotedor »

Information is power and you would agree with me that the information this book offers would really save many people especially in Africa where ignorance about the cancer scourge is high. It's time to start winning, share and like because someone you love might need this information.
versioncient
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by versioncient »

:techie-reference: To me the name given to the book, WINNING THE WAR ON CANCER is enough for me to identify that the book contained possible measures and ways of winning the war!!! But that can fully be known when the reader read the book.
Willy 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willy-1.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond

Post by Willy 1 »

This looks like an interesting book that offers insight into alternative ways to treat cancer. Great review.
tranquilwaters86+2
Currently Reading: Real Principals Have No Class
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tranquilwaters86-2.html
Latest Review: Together by Claire Youmans

Post by tranquilwaters86+2 »

I used to look down on alternative medicines until my father had cancer. Alternative medicine helped alleviate his pain during his last few days. Since then I have been hearing and reading a lot about natural remedies. I really appreciate the effort of the author to come up with this book. I also like how kislany included her advocacy in orthomolecular medicine.
:tiphat:
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

tranquilwaters86+2 wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 04:59 I used to look down on alternative medicines until my father had cancer. Alternative medicine helped alleviate his pain during his last few days. Since then I have been hearing and reading a lot about natural remedies. I really appreciate the effort of the author to come up with this book. I also like how kislany included her advocacy in orthomolecular medicine.
:tiphat:
I used to look down on it too, and now I think I've changed my mind about it because a lot of people and also doctors claim that it can really help even on such a big disease.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Abee44sting
Currently Reading: Endgame
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Abee44sting »

I see no reason why there cannot be a collaboration between Natural and Scientific Medicine. I have always have the conviction that Natural/Herbal Medicine has an edge really over Scientific Medicine.
But the nuance, is the pressing issues like: dosage, unethical to combination, and poor/inadequate publicity and enlightenment has not been tackled enough by the stake holders and professionals alike.
All in all, I believe a consensus between Herbal and Scientific Medicine will really go a long mile to ameliorate the health challenges not just Cancer in the future. Thanks for the review!
Brianna Bailey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brianna-bailey.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by Brianna Bailey »

Great review, thank you! I am deeply interested in this book. I work in the medical field and I find more and more of my clients are looking for alternative methods. I’m our society, cancer is extremely common and today I just read another blood pressure medication is added to the carcinogenic list.
Willy 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willy-1.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond

Post by Willy 1 »

It is amazing how the author managed to make a book of high importance, really entertaining and engaging. I hope it broadens people's minds to find alternative ways to treat cancer other than conventional medicine. Great review.
yoda4ever
Favorite Book: Fervent
Currently Reading: Belgravia
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoda4ever.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by yoda4ever »

Great review.I wish this book was around when my dad died of cancer 18 years ago. I am a fan of natural medicines and agree that the government only wants to make a profit. The pharmaceutical business is profiting from the expensive medications that most of the time don't even work. I appreciate your honesty in the review and look forward to reading the book so I can share the info with others who are battling cancer or know someone who is.
imkatonline
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by imkatonline »

Big Pharmacy is determined to do what they can to prohibit other more natural methods from hitting the market. God Bless that you have finished your fathers work, and brought it to fruition.
chheyden

Post by chheyden »

Every effort to reduce 'unnecessary pain and immobility' is worthy of praise. I have not read this new work, but I am familiar with 'cancer' and I have read one long review of this work, Winning The War on Cancer

In the absence of technically accurate knowledge of the source of cancer (cancerous cells to be exact), this book is one of those humanitarian efforts that I applaud.

Further study of how a person predisposes him/herself to the onset of cancer is the next step to understanding and eventually eliminating 'the psychosomatic' illness (affliction) known as cancer; rather than a never-ending application of herbal treatments to suppress the affliction.
preethijkumar
Currently Reading: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preethijkumar.html
Latest Review: A Roadmap To Career Success by John G Bendt

Post by preethijkumar »

It is a shame how lucrative corporations stoop low to prevent the exercise of a healthier world. Having read this book, I was stricken by the anecdotes in the author's father's journey. I am someone who believes in natural medicine rather than synthetic one and this book was an eye-opener of facts. Thanks for the review!
Jyotirupa _review

Post by Jyotirupa _review »

First of all thanks for the wonderful review. It is heart wrenching to know about the politics going on around cancer and its cure. At the same time, the natural cure and its effectiveness is a ray of hope for thousands of people, who have become despondent after undergoing the conventional treatment. One of my family member is sufferig from the Big C, and I have seen the toll it takes on the patient.
alexchinkata

Post by alexchinkata »

Providing an alternative to Orthodox medicine is a plus. Its cheaper, affordable and can be made readily available to the masses. The only downside is the duration for total cure of cancer using this method. I would prefer outright cure of cancer than suppression that lasts years.
Chinonyerem1

Post by Chinonyerem1 »

This book offers a handful information on how to win the war on cancer successfully.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”