Official Review: Winning the war on cancer [January 2019 Book of the Month]

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
SherHus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sherhus.html
Latest Review: Why can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Re: Official Review: Winning the war on cancer [January 2019 Book of the Month]

Post by SherHus »

As someone who had a close family member touched by cancer and chemotherapy it is good to be able to have information that there are alternative treatments that can be successful
RedPoppyFlower
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by RedPoppyFlower »

I think this book is good to read and using natural treatment is really a good choice. Medicine that comes from plant are the best choice because it's less bad side effect and can give more benefits in the human body.
Delightsome
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delightsome.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Delightsome »

Great review. Its not a bad idea to give the alternative medicine a try, but quality matters a lot.
Emjopin
Favorite Author: E.W. Johnson M.D.
Favorite Book: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Currently Reading: Lost Secret of the Ancient Ones
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emjopin.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight
fav_author_id: 196577

Post by Emjopin »

A comprehensive review.
Beljanski expressed her father's travails and the desperate efforts to urge people to look back where all cancers began. Science has been abused and misused worst when its being geared towards destruction rather than cure. It boils down to going back to basics. Nature's way is always the best...Clean air, healthy food and life style. A good read for the weekend.
Emjopin
Favorite Author: E.W. Johnson M.D.
Favorite Book: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Currently Reading: Lost Secret of the Ancient Ones
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emjopin.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight
fav_author_id: 196577

Post by Emjopin »

:techie-studyingbrown: A comprehensive review.
Beljanski expressed her father's travails and the desperate efforts to urge people to look back where all cancers began. Science has been abused and misused worst when its being geared towards destruction rather than cure. It boils down to going back to basics. Nature's way is always the best...Clean air, healthy food and life style. A good read for the weekend.
Olaoluwa_oso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olaoluwa-oso.html
Latest Review: The Misadventures Of Jimmy Crookshank by D.R. Blair

Post by Olaoluwa_oso »

Cancer is a very deadly disease. I think all forms of treatment must be considered when fighting cancer. But only trusted alternative treatments should be used, as there are many wrong medications out there that do more damage.
Emily Guerra
Currently Reading: I'll Give You the Sun
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-guerra.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Emily Guerra »

I so want to read this book right now. The title caught my attention quite a lot. Cancer in my family is a sensitive topic, in a way it has made us grow stronger in faith and tender at heart. I lost my dad to cancer (Hodkin Lymphoma) at 53 years old on December 28th, 2018. We tried 4 different treatments, chemotherapy, and some other new treatments developed in North America. It was a 3-year long battle. Pretty tough on my family.

This review clicked with my father's and my own faith in natural healing. Nature is so perfect, that it produces everything we need to live. It is so sad that great organisms that claim to worry about health worldwide, would rather make a profit from treatments that may be too strong for the body instead of spreading the word of natural resources. Healing with few side effects or none at all.

I found a lot of interesting points on your review and the book summary. I feel this is a book I could relate to, especially now. I just wish my dad was here to tell him about it. Thank you for this review.
Elsereen
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elsereen.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by Elsereen »

It's a nice book as it sounds, that has been followed up with a fantastic review that grabbed my attention, I wouldn't mind knowing more about cancer, for information on its prevention and cure as its mentioned in the book..
Sandra K Pearson
Currently Reading: The Pygmy Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-k-pearson.html
Latest Review: The Writer's Roadmap by Leigh Shulman

Post by Sandra K Pearson »

I've never read a book like this before. Its a scary topic but it seems like the author found a way to get past that. I think I'll try it out, maybe I'll learn a few things.
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

Jorge Luis Borjes
FDKangwamu
Currently Reading: How To Talk With Spirits: Séances • Mediums • Ghost Hunts
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fdkangwamu.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by FDKangwamu »

What a wonderful review! It has greatly enticed me into acquiring a copy of this book and reading it to completion.
Being partial to alternative cures myself, I think this would be a great read and a chance for me to gain insight into the world of cancer treatments.
Where I'm from, in Uganda, cancer is a scourge that's rapidly growing and yet clinical treatment methods aren't as advanced as they could be, and even those that come close are really pricey. So I believe that very many of us here would greatly benefit from these alternative methods because I'm sure some of the herbs and plants mentioned in this book exist in the Pearl of Africa.
Once again, great review. Cheers!!
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Desitt
Currently Reading: Miguel Street
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desitt.html

Post by Desitt »

I am a believer of consuming natural whole foods as a counter to the spread of disease and illness. This quickly prompted me to read kislany’s review of Winning The War On Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski to determine whether I should place the book on my reading list or not.

Her mention of greedy corporations and government manipulations caught my attention. I am also intrigued by the use of natural supplements to ward off cancer. May give this book a shot.
shaz1994
Favorite Book: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Currently Reading: The Honorable Knight
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaz1994.html
Latest Review: Dolphins Don’t Run Marathons by Sam Brand

Post by shaz1994 »

In this day and age it's quite rare to find someone who hasn't been affected by cancer either directly or indirectly therefore this book would definitely be a must read for me. It is unfortunate that a few individuals place their greed above the health of humanity.
Waseem Anwar

Post by Waseem Anwar »

I am also intrested and it is good step to win war against this fatal disease.
sanakhan_hitec
Currently Reading: Winning the War on Cancer

Post by sanakhan_hitec »

The book is a great criticism on money making policies and field of medicine and research being used as business now a days.Where real and geniune talent amd researchers are facing trouble like author's father.This book will really give awareness about natural cures which are present there and are affordable to every common man.The writing is described as technical and to the point focusing on its main issue that was to fight for cancer.
israelabiodun11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by israelabiodun11 »

This book was so touching and very useful

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”