Official Review: Decide Success by John M Baumann, BBA, JD

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amanda Nixon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-nixon.html
Latest Review: Saving Grace by Kathryn Garten

Official Review: Decide Success by John M Baumann, BBA, JD

Post by Amanda Nixon »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Decide Success" by John M Baumann, BBA, JD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Decide Success, John Baumann teaches his readers how to live a full life. When he was diagnosed with Parkinson’s, John did not let it stop him from being all he knew he could. This book is about the steps one can take to become just as successful. John strives to teach his readers to get rid of negativity and to go after what one wants. He uses his own experience with medical issues to try to motivate his readers to a better life.

John Baumann’s book is truly inspiring. He writes with honesty and more than a touch of sincerity. His personal stories of success let the reader know that they can trust that he fully believes what he has to say. John offers up steps to success that are intriguing and quietly simple. I’m not a fan of most motivational books but this one is different. I read the description and knew that I wanted to read it. I was not disappointed. Different from other books of this genre, John’s own stoicism sets his book apart. He writes about his own experiences in a manner that is inspiring in its grace.

It is clear that the author cares about helping his readers. He shows compassion in his choice of words and it is easy to get to know him as a person. I really feel that this book can provide a little extra motivation to those who feel like they’ve been knocked down by life. However, there was one small problem I had. There were one or two times where I felt as though the author got a little repetitive. It got to a point where it seemed as though the author kept writing the same thing (worded differently) just to make the book longer. Other than that, the book was fantastic. There was not even a single grammar or punctuation error.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. I truly believe that it was extremely well written and inspiring. I also believe that the author added a few unnecessary bits. However, it was not too big of a deal and I still loved it. That being said, I would still give this book a 4 star rating.

If you are interested in inspiring stories and learning how to stay positive in life, then I would recommend this book for you. If you do not like motivational books, then this book is not for you.

Decide Success
View: on Bookshelves

Like anix67's review? Post a comment saying so!
Earthqwake
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Earthqwake »

This is one of the best book I've read
It's awesome👏✊👍
Litzy reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-litzy-reader.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Litzy reader »

I hope to get a chance to read it soon. I like motivation books. Thanks for the review.
Riszell
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 1041
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riszell.html
Latest Review: Chancing Hope by Lisa Slater

Post by Riszell »

It's really hard to stay positive these days but reading has always been my solace. It's great to have these kinds of books that will not only comfort you but also motivate you.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

Wow! This one sounds like a winner! I have a family member who was diagnosed with Parkinson’s in his sixties. This would be a great resource to have and discuss with him and other family. I wonder if the author would take your advice and cut out the repetitive parts. Nothing wrong with a shorter book that could still impact many for good. Thank you for this review, I am going to add this one to my shelf.
Everything happens for a reason...
Mr Benji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-benji.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit

Post by Mr Benji »

I learnt one thing from this review:
To get rid of negativity.

Yours sincerely,
Mr Benji.
Books are lovely.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

This one will definitely gain the attention of the crowd. The author has put together a mixture of compassion, knowledge, and experience regarding the topic of overcoming negativity, in order to provide hope for the hopeless.
Rachele4769
Currently Reading: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachele4769.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Rachele4769 »

:eusa-think: :eusa-think: :eusa-think: :eusa-think: :eusa-think: :eusa-think: :eusa-think: :eusa-think: :eusa-think: :eusa-think: :eusa-think: :eusa-think: :eusa-think: Stories like that really make you stop and think about your blessings.
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Post by Libs_Books »

It's great to think that someone with Parkinson's could write such an encouraging book - thanks for your review.
qsusan
Favorite Book: Reaper Man
Currently Reading: Gone Girl
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-qsusan.html
Latest Review: The God Debate - Dawkins in Denial by Terry Higham

Post by qsusan »

Parkinson's is one of the frightening diseases. Its great that the author despite being afflicted with it is able to stay positive and reach out to others.
Amanda Nixon
Currently Reading:

Post by Amanda Nixon »

cpru68 wrote: 19 Apr 2018, 14:09 Wow! This one sounds like a winner! I have a family member who was diagnosed with Parkinson’s in his sixties. This would be a great resource to have and discuss with him and other family. I wonder if the author would take your advice and cut out the repetitive parts. Nothing wrong with a shorter book that could still impact many for good. Thank you for this review, I am going to add this one to my shelf.
Absolutely!!! It's definitely worth purchasing and keeping a copy on your book shelf at home. Glad you're interested in reading it
Amanda Nixon
Currently Reading:

Post by Amanda Nixon »

crediblereading2 wrote: 19 Apr 2018, 18:48 This one will definitely gain the attention of the crowd. The author has put together a mixture of compassion, knowledge, and experience regarding the topic of overcoming negativity, in order to provide hope for the hopeless.
Yes!!! That's one of the biggest reasons I love it so much. Hope for the hopeless
Amanda Nixon
Currently Reading:

Post by Amanda Nixon »

Riszell wrote: 19 Apr 2018, 04:51 It's really hard to stay positive these days but reading has always been my solace. It's great to have these kinds of books that will not only comfort you but also motivate you.
Reading is definitely a fantastic form of solace in my opinion! This book is a good one if you're looking for that solace and motivation!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A motivational book that teaches you how to live a full life in 12 steps sounds good. Adding personal stories to the mix makes it more relatable. Well done to the author for not letting his Parkinson’s stop him from being active. I don't read the genre, so will pass. I am glad you enjoy the book despite the repetitive parts. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
chupke07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chupke07.html
Latest Review: Metaphase by Mitchel Street

Post by chupke07 »

Sounds like a very good self help book. It is truly amazing what people can do once they let go of negativity, and the author seems like a perfect example.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”