Official Review: If life stinks get your head outta your ...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
asaltares
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 232

Re: Official Review: If life stinks get your head outta your ...

Post by asaltares »

Liked the tittle. Very true. But I am not a fan of self help books. Like the approach on the sections of the book and I don't doubt is good but I am going to have to give it a pass on this one.
tamdlyte
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ittersweet: Sanctuary (Part 1 of 3)</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by tamdlyte »

The title alone is worth 4 stars!
LOL!!! But seriously though, as a child, I learned that "Yeah, but" responses got me little support and am fascinated that a I've learned to live my life kinda as this self-help book outlines! I must be doing something right, even if I'm still only half-way through the walking section, I feel like this is a road that I'm not alone on now! :) LOL
Rosealt+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Rosealt+ »

Am not of those people who would easily pick a self book unless am going through a certain "situation" in life but this review got me want to give it a try. You never know I might pick one or two things out of it.
Thank you for the good review.
Carris72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carris72.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Post by Carris72 »

After reading the free sample of this book, i couldn't wait to read the review. Now am eager to read the whole book!
Patrizha anne
Currently Reading: Bound
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Patrizha anne »

After reading the sample book now i know why my life is not good . thank you for waking me up and making me a whole new version of me. I cannot wait to share this book with my friends and families
bootsie0126+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bootsie0126.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01GEW27DA

Post by bootsie0126+ »

Shame, shame, shame on the author! First, I had already made up my mind not to read this book the minute I saw the title. I thought, here we go, another self-help, motivational book. I read the summary on Amazon, wasn't impressed, think I started reading the sample pages, or what little there was of it. I'm reading through the introduction and was so surprised that it was really interesting and good. So now, I'm thinking, this could be a really good book with some good information inside. Then it ends...
The author does not even give the reader one page of chapter 1. :eusa-naughty:

Then I read your review and knew that I had to add this book to my shelf. What the author did not give us, your review certainly did. It was filled with detailed information about what the reader will find inside this book. You were able to inform readers about each chapter in a way that kept me interested. Thanks
Gods Monkey
Currently Reading: The Morning Mind
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gods-monkey.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Gods Monkey »

After reading the review I find the perfect rating to be inappropriate. The reviewer didn’t find the text to be perfect. That makes the score wrong. I enjoyed the sample however and will be adding this book to my must read list.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

I love the idea of a no-nonsense sort of self-help book; I've grown wary of the fluff in many such books. I also like the humor hinted at in the title. Thank you for the thorough review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Children of the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 3838
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

I really don't usually spend more than a dollar for eBooks, as I still largely prefer reading print books, but I may just splurge this time. For such a short read, it sounds like it's packed with great information. I like that idea of success helping us succeed in all areas. Looking forward to checking it out. Thanks for the insight!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Snowy4774
Currently Reading: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Snowy4774 »

This is the kind of review that really makes you intrigued to read the book. I think this review is excellently done. This is enough to make me want to read something with the title "If life stinks, get your head out of your buts".

The title of the book alone shows that the author thinks outside the box in a most creative and humourous way.

Again, spectacular review! I will definitely be reading this book and also recommend it to friends.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

The reviewer gives the book, it's deserved focus, in the 'Official Review: If life stinks, get your head outta your buts, by Mark L. Wdowiak'! I like the fact that he strongly recommends the book, to the readers! We can make a positive decision about reading it!
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

This is a remarkable book for those hoping to improve their life. It offers advice on what to think, what to do, and what to expect. Thank you for this timely and interesting review.
Last edited by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes on 07 Jun 2018, 00:51, edited 1 time in total.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Well, the author has opted a realistic approach to explain this self-help book. Thanks for your review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

Self-help books are not my favorite genre but this one sounds interesting. I like that he talks about helping yourself and working. It doesn't take the everything's great rosy approach but is instead realistic and helpful. I also love when you said the author talks about how success means different things to everyone. Everyone is different and each person has their own ideas on what's successful. Thanks for the thorough review. It was very informative.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

Even from the title, this is a unique self-help book. The practical teachings are so ingeniously presented that it sets the book apart from others in the same genre.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”