Official Review: If life stinks get your head outta your ...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
FilmStar
Currently Reading: Rich and Pretty
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-filmstar.html
Latest Review: My Author Is Dead by Michel Bruneau
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Official Review: If life stinks get your head outta your ...

Post by FilmStar »

This sounds like an interesting self-help book. It seems like the book is easy to grasp and has good insights and examples to better your life.
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

Thanks for your review! I like the book from its cover. "Live by intention and not by accident" sounds a very clever point of view. I think everyone needs a book like this at least once in a lifetime. I am going to enjoy reading it.
Floremar26
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Floremar26 »

The title sounds funny yet interesting. Maybe at first, it might felt you bore but while reading it from top to bottom, it give some ideas in life. The author of this book was so great. Keep it up.
Thelma1963

Post by Thelma1963 »

I really don't care for the self help books 'but'..if it helps other people its a good thing. Its all most like a life couch approach. Sorry I wouldn't read the rest.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

From the title alone, I sense that this is a straightforward kind of self-help book and the author isn't someone who beats around the bush. I like the phrase "live with intention, not by accident". This phrase alone is thought provoking to me. This book is certainly a must read if you are serious in improving your life!!!
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Madhu14
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madhu14.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Madhu14 »

I read so many self help books that I am tired of them. Even though the author seems to have taken a different approach in this book, I won't be reading this book anytime soon. I liked how the author described the idea of success. I liked how he concentrated on success itself instead of telling you how to become rich or work/life balance. I agree with the tough love approach and loved the quote that says, "Your life is determined by you, for better or for worse." Seems I would have enjoyed this book but currently I don't want to read any self help books. But I will definitely recommend this book for others. Thanks.
SaffraWhishart
Currently Reading: The Candle Room
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saffrawhishart.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by SaffraWhishart »

staciek, how can the title be a turn-off?? I agree with you, CataclysmicKnight--it's a 4-star title!

I also really enjoyed his correct hyphenation & commas--it seems like this book has been professionally edited.

Thanks for explaining the Crawling, Walking, and Running stages. I'm not usually into the self-help books, but a lot of that is because it seems like they always act like there's some secret quick fix to life. This sounds much more realistic--I like that it takes the reader through the process.

What I didn't enjoy in the sample I read was that it felt like the author restated the same facts over & over in places. I wished he was more concise.
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

Good review. I'm not into self-help books but this sounds like a great take on how to improve yourself to improve your life.
Roggyrus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roggyrus.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Roggyrus »

Wow! An impressive review, 1,220 words in all. Glad I am not made to review this book if this is how long it takes to properly convey its spirit in print. My review would just be rejected. But I am really thankful to have ingested much guidance from your comprehensive review. Thank you very much.
Bruno03
Currently Reading:

Post by Bruno03 »

There is a quick learning experience with good knowledge that bases on life events... Good book
Jude Austin
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jude-austin.html
Latest Review: The Palm Reader by Christopher Bowron

Post by Jude Austin »

"Live with intention, and not by accident" is a great quote. I think I just found my new sig! Thanks for a great review :)
Alice in Wonderland
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 31

Post by Alice in Wonderland »

A lot to learn from this book. "You need to get inspired to do something. or will expire having done nothing."
harrymadede
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by harrymadede »

what a great book i like the approach the self help book takes it's not fluffy, giving in all positive you are going to do it approach. The author uses tough laugh to get the readers to pursue their interests and goals. I find it right on point thumps up to the author for this
JayJoseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jayjoseph.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by JayJoseph »

The book sounds like it could be of great help to many people looking for inspiration. Going through the review gives me the urge to read the book just to get a little inspiration. The fact that the author shairs a little bit of his story proves how much he is devoted to helping people find their footing.
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

The title of the book is very unique, unlike other self-help books. The author's approach is very tough but I think that's what people really need to think beyond the ordinary. I will add it to my to-read list. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”