Official Review: If life stinks get your head outta your ...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
a_jerobon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Re: Official Review: If life stinks get your head outta your ...

Post by a_jerobon »

The review is good. I love the way you have divided the book into different sections for better understanding. The quotes you have mentioned from the book are really inspiring. This should be my first self help book I will read.
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

I really enjoyed reading your review. I am interested in this book. Any author who can write about distinguishing between success and happiness sparks my interest. And the section on living with intention sounds right on. Thanks for the great review.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
Sharon serena
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-serena.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sharon serena »

I love the title of the book for itself speaks volume. Many find themselves in a dilemma of not knowing how to handle a particular need or want. This book stands as a motivation to push yourself beyond the limits as the only way there is towards success and a little more of toughness wouldn't hurt either. I love how the book has been partitioned into three parts, I find this quite effective as the readers are taken through the steps efficiently. This shows the author's determination to give each of the readers a hand in their struggle to success. I also appreciate how you have taken your time to explain further in section three,'Running',using your own experience in the review. This book is definitely a good read for me. Love the review. Great work!
bwill93
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bwill93.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by bwill93 »

Great review! the title definitely hooked me in. I am a fan of substantial self-help books, but it takes some time to weave through all the fluff to get to the real good books. This sounds like one of those books worth reading. Work is such an essential part of success. Your dreams won't magically materialize if you just hope they'll come true - it's a combination of work and thought patterns to guide one in a direction of success. It sounds like Mark knows what he's talking about. ;)
m-t+Kareem 1234
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by m-t+Kareem 1234 »

Wow,this topic has a Striking motivation. It made me realise no matter where you find yourself you can make a change no matter what the world thinks of you 'You got your life in your hands' .
haleygerstenberg
Currently Reading: Amusing ourselves to death
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haleygerstenberg.html
Latest Review: Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Post by haleygerstenberg »

Thanks for this review - frankly I'd generally never pick up a self-help book at this point, just because of how pandering and cliche they tend to be. This actually sounds like one worth reading, though, so I'm going to give it a shot
Modongo89
Favorite Book: Who Told You That You Were Naked?
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-modongo89.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Modongo89 »

Being a person that judge books by their cover, I'm already head over heals in love with this one.
Your review is in-depth and the elaboration on the three sections crawling, walking and running has already given me something to hold on to as I look forward to reading the book.
In my quest to succeed in life I have read quite a number of inspirational books but success has not been evident. Through your review I have already discovered why I haven't succeed, "The secret to success is having the ability to stay focused for long periods, at the right time and for the right reason.” Amazing!!!
Nimat87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimat87.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Nimat87 »

Thanks for the review! Although I'm not a huge fan of self-help books, because I feel they tend to be written in a similar style and tone, the title of this book caught my attention. I had a strong feeling it was going to be a book filled with candour and tough love, which are much more practical and realistic. Your review seems to agree with my thoughts. I think I'll enjoy reading this self-help book after all.
ammasheetal
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ammasheetal »

Hello. The title does not really inspire but the review definitely does. In a world where everyone trying to find "reperes", i think reading positive books help to maintain a positive outlook.
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A self-help book that explains how to achieve success and happiness sounds interesting. Breaking it into sections should make it easier to read. Inserting interesting facts in the text is a plus in my eyes. Not my cup of tea, but I am glad you found the tips helpful. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
kjs237
Currently Reading: Sleeping Beauties
Bookshelf Size: 231
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kjs237.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Post by kjs237 »

The review does a good job of describing this as a different take on the typical self help manual. I think the idea that success is the ultimate goal rather than personal wealth or best career makes sense. If you have a path to success and focus on that, you should be able to achieve anything else you might want to accomplish along the way. It also sounds like this book has a sense of humor, something that is often lacking in self help books. The title alone makes me interested in reading this book.
bluegreenmarina
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6703">The Count of Monte Cristo</a>
Currently Reading: Drive Your Plow Over The Bones Of The Dead
Bookshelf Size: 1230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluegreenmarina.html
Latest Review: Spontaneous Addiction Recovery by Dr. James Slobodzien

Post by bluegreenmarina »

I was turned off by the title but it sounds like the author actually made several valuable points in the book, and that it was well-thought-out and practical. Thanks for the thorough review!
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

The onlinebookclub review of the book was written masterfully and was the main reason I decided to read the book. I am not a big fan of the self-help book genre but this book book was interesting inciteful and I found myself rating it 3 out of 4 stars. Congrats on being the BOTD.
Alice in Wonderland
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 31

Post by Alice in Wonderland »

This book is fun to read, it teaches patient and taking advise of others help us in reaching our goals in life.
Misael Carlos
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

Self-help books always provide positive energy to people and I think any readers should welcome books like this. Congrats!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”