Official Review: It's Easier to Dance

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emmalinda
Favorite Book: Final Notice
Currently Reading: The Prize
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Re: Official Review: It's Easier to Dance

Post by Emmalinda »

true meaning of disability is not enability,self pity but motivation all in one book,
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: The Witching Hour
Bookshelf Size: 3838
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

I usually don't read memoirs, but something about the courage and resilience of this woman makes me want to read it. Too bad about the grammatical errors, but it doesn't sound like they detract too much from the story. Thanks for your insight!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Gracie777
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gracie777.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gracie777 »

I love memoirs, most especially because the lessons therein are gems of wisdom that you can't get anywhere else. Learn resilience and strength, to defy the odds and believe you can do it by only dancing to the tune that life presents you. I am looking forward to finding inspiration from the author’s approach to life. Thank you for your most captivating review.
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

It's sometimes necessary to defy all odds and believe in oneself. Life may come with challenges but it's better to dance to the tunes of what life brings. Thanks for this review.
paulyzeph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by paulyzeph »

The book, “Easier to dance, living beyond boundaries is a masterpiece. It showcases the power of positive thinking. It made this very clear, that u are whom you see yourself to be.
Annie Harris-Meachem painted a picture of the power of perspective and the resilience to stay focused irrespective of the negative influence your environment or the society profers.
What a breathtaking review.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1903
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: It's Easier to Dance, by Annie Harris-Meachem', well explains the structure of the contents of the memoir and is as original as the book, specially when it says, 'Despite the challenges the author faced, she grew up to be an indispensable part of her society!'
JuliaKay
Currently Reading: The Black Witch
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliakay.html
Latest Review: I Am Not Gog by Matthew James Hunt

Post by JuliaKay »

This sounds like an amazing story of adversity and overcoming. I love when individuals are able to maintain and positive attitude and triumph despite his or her setbacks. I'm touched that the author was able to share her story. It is too bad about the errors.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons
Melchi Asuma
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melchi-asuma.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Melchi Asuma »

It sounds truly inspiring and remarkable. It does. I don't , however, think that it is a book or a genre( memoirs) that I am very open to. As such, I think I'll pass.
MA
Jo20000
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jo20000 »

the book is good and inspiring
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Post by Mouricia Allen »

Loved your review, though not a book I will be reading
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

A narrative about the life journey of a woman with cerebral palsy. Being strong and useful to people around her in spite of her challenges is commendable. Good book. Thanks for the review.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

I have to honestly admit that I usually do not like non fiction. But reading initial few pages of this book made me want to read it fully. The writing style is goos that it allows reader to quickly grasp what she expresses.

Thank you for the descriptive review but anyway with the forwarde and the introduction of the book I could get a wholistic idea about the book.

Cerebral palsy is a debilitating condition for both the child and the parents. Being a medical student I have seen several of them and have a quite understanding of their difficulties. Discussing such a topic might be interesting to anyone who is sympathetic and can feel for others.

Thank you for the good and honest review even mentioning about the grammar errors. Hope to read the book fully as soon as I finish what I am currently reading 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
togormey
Currently Reading: Dodging Satan
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-togormey.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by togormey »

The review compels one to get the book "It's easier to dance" since it tends to inspire one to achieve his or her set goals, especially the disable.
asaltares
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 232

Post by asaltares »

I think a story of resilience, strength and conquer of a disability is a great read. It makes us aware of the struggles people with disabilities face each day. This always passes by my mind when I see people with needs. Although I always see them as equals, as everybody should, I always asked myself and think about all the hardships they fight. Thanks for this free book. Congrats for being book of the day.
Kipusa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Kipusa »

I can't wait to get my hands on this book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”