Official Review: It's Easier to Dance

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kastle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kastle.html
Latest Review: Going to Wings by Sandra Worsham

Re: Official Review: It's Easier to Dance

Post by kastle »

This sounds like such a powerful story, and such a well written review!
jennibabe31
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennibabe31.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by jennibabe31 »

I don't really like memoirs, but being a mother to multiple special needs children makes this one sound and interesting. I will have to read this to give me hope for the future for my children.
KFree_Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfree-reads.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by KFree_Reads »

Very nice review! Sounds like a truly inspiring book, definitely a book I would read!
gkgurley
Favorite Book: The Two Towers
Currently Reading: A Darker Shade of Magic
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gkgurley.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by gkgurley »

Wow, that sort of story takes extreme resiliency. I'm amazed at her grace moving through the world. What a unique perspective on civil rights and feminism, I'm excited to read it.
vstump57
Currently Reading: Burn Bright
Bookshelf Size: 21
2024 Reading Goal: 104
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by vstump57 »

The title alone would grab interest to those that enjoy memoirs, but that isn't me. I do love to hear inspirational stories, but to sit down and read them, it would take a lot, especially if there are editorial errors. The review was extremely well-written and informative and I did enjoy reading it, for it was a job well done. Thank you and to the other my congratulations.
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

Normally I don't read memoirs but the author's life definitely sounds not only interesting but important. Being an African American woman with a disability must be hard. I feel like this could teach me a lot of things and open people's eyes to another point of view. Great job on your review!
kate_nguyen
Currently Reading: Alexis Zorba
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-nguyen.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by kate_nguyen »

"It's Easier to Dance" sounds like a must read, the 40s and 50s always fascinate me. With her disability, she could only dance in her mind, right? If so, I am even more admiring her.
Phermone
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phermone.html
Latest Review: Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

Post by Phermone »

This book is an inspiration for people living with a disability, it shows that your worth is what you make of it not what the masses label you with. Even though I am not into reading memoirs I will at least try to put some time into reading this one. Thanks for the informative review.
FilmStar
Currently Reading: Rich and Pretty
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-filmstar.html
Latest Review: My Author Is Dead by Michel Bruneau
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by FilmStar »

Cerebral palsy is a very deliberating disease which many suffer from. It's nice to see a story about someone overcoming those challenges and being strong. This seems like a very inspiration read.
DathanReeves
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dathanreeves.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by DathanReeves »

There are a lot of books, magazines, and shorts out there that seem to have a check list of "how many minorities am I." These books are often about extreme stereotypes fighting micro aggressions against 1950 prejudice stereotypes. That doesn't mean this book is bad or like those others, but I've seen so many I'm too exhausted to give it a shot.

Maybe in the future I'll have the energy for it, but I want to give it a fair shot and in the current state of the world I can't.
pragyadhiraj
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by pragyadhiraj »

It's easier to dance

Going through the review, it appears that the reviewer has thoroughly enjoyed the book. The review in itself is a summary of the book. The gist of the book is completely understandable from it. Though long, but it actually did sum up the novel in a beautiful and elegant way.
Elle Howard
Currently Reading: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elle-howard.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Elle Howard »

This is a very nicely written review. You presented the novel very well and I think your score was fair. I enjoy inspirational stories about over coming barriers to achieve your goal. I will enjoy reading this book and learning more about Annie Harris and how she refused to allow cerebral palsy limit her life.
Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.
–Maya Angelou
Kdonegan91
Favorite Author: Wanda E. Brunstetter
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 202">Never Cry Again</a>
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdonegan91.html
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Reading Device: 1400699169
fav_author_id: 19883

Post by Kdonegan91 »

Great review! Too bad the book couldn't get the full 4 stars because of editing issues. I look forward to reading the sample.
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. - Wayne Dyer
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Mildred Tabitha
Currently Reading: The Good Fight
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-tabitha.html
Latest Review: Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly by Raed Anis Aljishi

Post by Mildred Tabitha »

I personally like memoirs. I like knowing about author's life including the challenges they face and How they overcame. I like your review because it highlights the important aspects of the book. I now know what to expect and I sure won't be disappointed. Annie's story is really inspiring and also teaches the society to be more accepting of everyone.
Do good to others on your way up because you will meet them on your way down.
Kwaku Sarfo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kwaku Sarfo »

Annie L. Horris truly inspires both the disabled and depressed to man up and take certain decisions and actions to prove to the world that disability indeed is never an inability.Living through the various challenges which even made her strong is a great pace set to encourage and motivate the underprivileged to do extra ordinary things that will benefit many people

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”