Official Review: The Social Tattoo

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Re: Official Review: The Social Tattoo

Post by Dolor »

Miriam Molina wrote: โ†‘14 Apr 2018, 22:08 As technology soars to even greater heights, keeping track of what the children are exposed to is getting more and more difficult. The kids are infinitely more tech-savvy than the adults. Parents need to be more vigilant. Above all, I believe a nurturing personal relationship with your child, plus lots of prayers, would be best to keep him or her away from preying monsters in and out of the net. God bless our children and keep them free from all danger, including social tattoos!
Ameeen...

Very well-said. Thanks for the prayer.

Where have you been busy by the way? Your latest review was in January. Maybe it's about time to make more reviews to complete our reading goals. ^_^
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Hi, D. I had two reviews in March but both private. February was a lonely month because my laptop crashed, and I was crushed (lost all my files!). I'm still reading the next book; hopefully it'll get published.
Dolor
Currently Reading:

Post by Dolor »

Miriam Molina wrote: โ†‘15 Apr 2018, 08:34 Hi, D. I had two reviews in March but both private. February was a lonely month because my laptop crashed, and I was crushed (lost all my files!). I'm still reading the next book; hopefully it'll get published.
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that from you. I also had a private review this month.

I had stopped doing the OBC tasks for more than a week because I had gone to Mecca for Umrah but before I went there, I had won a BOTD with the highest carryover entries but perhaps, that was disqualified because there was no option of buying the said "free book". That was one of the books who can't be purchased in Saudi Arabia due to its contents.

Even Kindle app is not available in Saudi Arabia so I am using eReader Prestigio. I feel discouraged and I thought of doing the tasks again when I go back to the Philippines. I had noticed all my score dropped. I was demoted to level 2 and I can only review those free books. The First Ten program was hidden too. So I started doing the tasks again.

As of now, I'm torn between staying in my employers house or escaping. He promised to extend my contract for 2 to 3 weeks only. I had reached 2 months extension and I am still here. He did not process my documents.

๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Dolor
Currently Reading:

Post by Dolor »

Miriam Molina wrote: โ†‘15 Apr 2018, 08:34 Hi, D. I had two reviews in March but both private. February was a lonely month because my laptop crashed, and I was crushed (lost all my files!). I'm still reading the next book; hopefully it'll get published.
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that from you. I also had a private review this month.

I had stopped doing the OBC tasks for more than a week because I had gone to Mecca for Umrah but before I went there, I had won a BOTD with the highest carryover entries but perhaps, that was disqualified because there was no option of buying the said "free book". That was one of the books who can't be purchased in Saudi Arabia due to its contents.

Even Kindle app is not available in Saudi Arabia so I am using eReader Prestigio. I feel discouraged and I thought of doing the tasks again when I go back to the Philippines. I had noticed all my score dropped. I was demoted to level 2 and I can only review those free books. The First Ten program was hidden too. So I started doing the tasks again.

As of now, I'm torn between staying in my employers house or escaping. He promised to extend my contract for 2 to 3 weeks only. I had reached 2 months extension and I am still here. He did not process my documents.

๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Oh my! If you are able to, just come home. God will provide.
Dolor
Currently Reading:

Post by Dolor »

Miriam Molina wrote: โ†‘15 Apr 2018, 22:57 Oh my! If you are able to, just come home. God will provide.
I received my BOTD reward yesterday. I'm glad that was not disqualified.

I'm planning of going to the Philippine embassy here in Saudi. I'm sick and tired of the false hopes and fake promises that my employers are giving me.

Yeah, God will provide.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

Books like this should be greatly promoted online, at schools, universities, etc. This should be done to prevent young persons and older persons alike from falling into the dangers that can come with social media.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The author has taken up an important issue. These social sites are posing great threat to our younger generation, and we as a parent must be aware of all harmful effects of these sites, and should teach children accordingly. Thanks for your informative review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
Dolor
Currently Reading:

Post by Dolor »

crediblereading2 wrote: โ†‘17 Apr 2018, 22:29 Books like this should be greatly promoted online, at schools, universities, etc. This should be done to prevent young persons and older persons alike from falling into the dangers that can come with social media.
Yes, I agree.
Dolor
Currently Reading:

Post by Dolor »

Sarah Tariq wrote: โ†‘23 Apr 2018, 01:02 The author has taken up an important issue. These social sites are posing great threat to our younger generation, and we as a parent must be aware of all harmful effects of these sites, and should teach children accordingly. Thanks for your informative review.
It's my pleasure. The upsides and downsides of social media should both be taken into consideration. I would consider using social media in moderation.
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

This sounds like a great resource for parents. Iโ€™m glad the author did not just talk about the problems, but also gave concrete suggestions.

Return to โ€œNon-Fiction Booksโ€