Official Review: Jesus Christ: A Perfect Hero

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Re: Official Review: Jesus Christ: A Perfect Hero

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

This book sounds very interesting and has an excellent message for young people. I would be interested in reading it out of curiosity to know exactly what the author believes. I don’t ascribe to any church or religion, but try to do exactly as the author suggests.
HarryOmos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by HarryOmos »

Your review of "Jesus Christ The Great Heroe by Beau Hebert" was awesome. So am going to add it to my shelf to read.
My love for Jesus needs to grow more and more. Thanks to author Beau Hebert
Yoli García
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoli-garc-a.html
Latest Review: A taste of Cuba by Birgitte Røddik

Post by Yoli García »

I agree with the author that young people should follow as an example the life of a Jesus Christ. Thanks for the review!
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

I support the author in the argument that there is no better role model than Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Many people the youth including I look to for mentorship nowadays have some saga behind them. In fact, PaUL the apostle writes and says, 'Follow me as I follow Jesus.' Nice review here.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Yolimari wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 11:25 I agree with the author that young people should follow as an example the life of a Jesus Christ. Thanks for the review!
Wow, in agreement too. He is the perfect hero for sure.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Human314
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-human314.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Human314 »

Personally I believe that people don't need a perfect being to model their lives around. Not only is it a mistake to try and live one's life as another did, I think it is necessary that one realizes that no one is a perfect being which will help one to forgive others when they make mistakes.
Favour4God
Currently Reading: Who Told You That You Were Naked?
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Favour4God »

This is quite an impressive review. I agree totally with the author that Jesus is a perfect Hero considering His flawless life. I don't know much about the teachings of the book of Mormon. I think this will be an interesting read.
haleygerstenberg
Currently Reading: Amusing ourselves to death
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haleygerstenberg.html
Latest Review: Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Post by haleygerstenberg »

I'm past the point in life where books intended for younger / teen audiences are interesting to me, so I think I'll pass on this one, but it does sound like the book takes an interesting perspective. Thank you for doing this review.
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I think it would be interesting to get the Latter Day Saints insight on this. I am a member of a different denomination, but I find looking at other beliefs to actually strengthen my own.
vee_bongz
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by vee_bongz »

the reason why i love this book, is that it teaches us, how must we treat ourselves as christians, even though the book it's a frition. :!:
trulyfreeclub
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by trulyfreeclub »

A book that inspires teenagers to make Jesus Christ as their role model is a great way to help the world. But I do agree that instilling the philosophies of Mormon is quite unnecessary. Inasmuch as we needed religion to teach us the way of Jesus Christ, I do believe that telling others to follow only one type of religion is not so Christ-like attitude. “Do not stop him,” Jesus said, “for whoever is not against you is for you.” (Luke 9:50)

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”