Official Review: Grace in Progress by J. C. Beichner

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
You must limit each topic thread in this section to only one book or only one series. Make the title of the topic the name of the book, and if possible also include the author's name. If you want to allow spoilers, you must include the word spoilers in the title of the topic, otherwise spoilers are prohibited.
kwame1977
Currently Reading: Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: His Heartbeat: A Crimson Sunset Novel by Caroline Peterka

Official Review: Grace in Progress by J. C. Beichner

Post by kwame1977 » 09 Apr 2018, 01:40

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Grace in Progress" by J. C. Beichner.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A prayerless Christian is described as powerless Christian. J. C. Beichner has combined series of Christian sample prayers in a book Grace in Progress. This is a non-fiction book published in 2016. It contains a collection of Christian sample prayers with distinct topics. Some of the prayer topics are of faith in God, trust in God and prayers in times of grief. The author has encourage his readers to trust God at all times and avoid the possibility of trusting in themselves and others.

The author started by giving a brief autobiography of herself which is caption 'My Story'. She has explained the various situations she has passed through that compelled her to draw nearer to God. She has described these as series of unfortunate events. At a tender age, her father passed away and her mother had to pass through hardship in order to take care of her. This and other situations drew her closer to God. It has also been established that God also prays for his people. A sample prayer from God has been said. In this prayer, blank spaces have been left out for readers to fill in with their particulars.

This book is a great source of inspirational prayers for all Christians. The sample prayers are very simple. The words and expressions fall within the comprehension of an average reader. Newly converted Christians will find this book very useful as they learn to pray from the onset. The Christian prayer ethics have been clearly defined as the sample prayer serve as a guide. The prayers also teach some Christian moral values such as love and peace cherished in the Christian community. Sample prayers for special occasions have also been included. For example prayer for Advent. The author has made lots of references from the Holy Bible to support points. She has also used some popular quotations from renowned Christians such as Trevor Thomson and Matt Maher.

The title of this book is relevant to its contents. The use of literary devices has made prayers interesting. There are no spelling or grammatical errors. The titles of the prayer topics have been highlighted in black so it can easily be read.

However, I realized that numerals have not been assigned to the table of contents. This is very necessary to aid readers through reading. The author has not provided his address or website link so readers can obtain more information. I recommend the author provides his address for this purpose. Aside from these, the paragraphing for some pages especially the introduction is inaccurate. It is worth to note that correct paragraphing is necessary.

J. C. Beichner has done a good job. I hope she will fix the above limitations so I can give her book perfect ratings. There is more room for improvement. I, therefore, rate her book Grace in Progress 3 out of 4 stars.

Grace in Progress
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kwame1977's review? Post a comment saying so!

Libs_Books
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Mathematician's Journey
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Home Economics for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Libs_Books » 11 Apr 2018, 05:36

I can see this book might be really valuable for some people - and perhaps some churches might buy it for their library.

Jbluestocking2
2018 Reading Goal: 40
Currently Reading: The Next Worship
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jbluestocking2.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Jbluestocking2 » 11 Apr 2018, 17:42

You are right when you say that newer Christians can benefit from reading pre-written prayers. Praying through the prayers of others can be freeing, and a helpful tool in growing the spiritual discipline of prayer. Thanks for your review!

crediblereading2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by crediblereading2 » 11 Apr 2018, 21:51

Excellent review. This book will be inspirational to many persons, whether Christians or non-Christians. The style of writing is suitable as many persons seeking love, hope, and faith should be able to read with ease.

Momiji1987
2018 Reading Goal: 12
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 83
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momiji1987.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Momiji1987 » 12 Apr 2018, 00:12

This book sounds very helpful for people to guide them in effective prayer. I imagine it would aid in teaching people how to compose their own prayers.

melissy370
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 38
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by melissy370 » 14 Apr 2018, 19:35

What great idea for a book. Not only do new Christians need this but ones who have been in the faith for a while too. So many get scared when it comes to prayer and don't realize it is not supposed to be hard.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”