Official Review: Transform Yourself and Achieve Greatness

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
You must limit each topic thread in this section to only one book or only one series. Make the title of the topic the name of the book, and if possible also include the author's name. If you want to allow spoilers, you must include the word spoilers in the title of the topic, otherwise spoilers are prohibited.
EmunahAn
2017 Reading Goal: 200
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emunahan.html
Latest Review: It's Easier to Dance by Annie Harris-Meachem

Official Review: Transform Yourself and Achieve Greatness

Post by EmunahAn » 08 Apr 2018, 09:24

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Transform Yourself and Achieve Greatness" by John F. Blodgett.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Values, personal branding and climbing the corporate ladder are the fundamental pillars of John F. Blodgett’s book, Transform Yourself and Achieve Greatness. Most people in the corporate and business sectors are faced by daunting murkiness as they try to navigate through the confusing pathways in today’s fast-paced marketplace. In this book, the author presents perceptive guidelines that will help you transition in your career journey and achieve success.

Truthfully, when I picked Transform Yourself and Achieve Greatness by John F. Blodgett, I was keen to find out how this particular book stood out from many similar ones. Thankfully, I was surprised at how the author manages to carve out his own style and make his book unique. For this reason and others contained in this review, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.

To me, one of the best features of the book, Transform Yourself and Achieve Greatness, is the way John F. Blodgett relates nature with the messages that he relays in the book. The similarities are incredible, giving the inkling that we can learn a lot by just observing what is around us and the behavioral nature of animals. In one instance, Blodgett writes about the European starlings’ murmuration which provides a mechanism of defense against predators. Every chapter starts with a compelling aspect mostly about nature that easily drew me into the content.

At the end of each chapter, John F. Blodgett includes practical tips on how the reader can implement his advice into their personal and professional lives. He labels these tips as ‘Personal Performance Challenges’. These challenges helped me work on the author’s instruction and incorporate the book’s message into my everyday life. I am always attracted to an author’s work if the book’s content is practical and applicable.

The book also contains various facets of today’s marketplace which made it quite comprehensive. Hence, the book is a great read for any person in the job market who wants to excel and grow in their career. John F. Blodgett also includes thought-provoking quotes at the start of each chapter which were a compelling addition to the chapters’ subject matter.

The cover is also quite interesting and reflects the book’s theme. It features the metamorphosis of a butterfly. Similarly, the transitional periods in one’s career life can be confusing. In many cases, people make the mistake of refusing to change their ideologies and prefer to stick to methods they are more familiar with. In such instances, this turns out to be disastrous. In Transform Yourself and Achieve Greatness, John F. Blodgett helps the reader understand how to succeed, every step of the way.

Ultimately, reading this particular book was definitely worthwhile.

Transform Yourself and Achieve Greatness
View: on Bookshelves

Like EmunahAn's review? Post a comment saying so!
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.”
― Nora Ephron

stacie k
2018 Reading Goal: 40
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 32
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacie-k.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by stacie k » 09 Apr 2018, 00:24

How fascinating that he can relate his principles to nature! The fact that the content is practical and applicable is a great selling point. Your review makes me want to learn how to be successful from this author!
“The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable.” Proverbs 15:2a

ladexxi
Favorite Book: Ironbark Hill
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by ladexxi » 09 Apr 2018, 04:43

Wow what a nice book this is

SEEN
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by SEEN » 09 Apr 2018, 07:25

Wow! A yellow cover This book is next on my read

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
2018 Reading Goal: 115
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 35
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 94
Currently Reading: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Bookshelf Size: 169
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: Searching for Normal by Karen Meadows

Post by kandscreeley » 09 Apr 2018, 09:26

That is a bit different concept; using nature to teach lessons about our career journey. I'm not into self-help books right now, but I do appreciate your review. Thanks!
“There is no friend as loyal as a book.”
― Ernest Hemingway

tirzahhawkins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by tirzahhawkins » 09 Apr 2018, 15:58

It would be fascinating to learn what lessons nature holds for us that we can apply to our lives to make us better than we are now. This book sounds interesting as a self-help and a science book.

Mr Benji
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-benji.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Mr Benji » 10 Apr 2018, 14:27

It is great to know from the review that the author gives steps to implement his advice in one's personal and professional life.
What a book!!!

Yours sincerely,
Mr. Benji.
Wise men lay up knowledge.
(Prov 10:14)

Yours sincerely,
Mr Benji
:tiphat:

Libs_Books
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Miss Carter's War
Bookshelf Size: 203
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Home Economics for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Libs_Books » 11 Apr 2018, 04:25

EmunahAn wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 09:24
...we can learn a lot by just observing what is around us and the behavioral nature of animals. In one instance, Blodgett writes about the European starlings’ murmuration which provides a mechanism of defense against predators. Every chapter starts with a compelling aspect mostly about nature that easily drew me into the content.
stacie k wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 00:24
How fascinating that he can relate his principles to nature!
Yes, that aspect of the book is the thing that interests me most. Normally, I wouldn't look twice at a book with this kind of title.
At the end of each chapter, John F. Blodgett includes practical tips on how the reader can implement his advice into their personal and professional lives. He labels these tips as ‘Personal Performance Challenges’. These challenges helped me work on the author’s instruction and incorporate the book’s message into my everyday life. I am always attracted to an author’s work if the book’s content is practical and applicable.
That's a very valuable point and a good recommendation - I don't think this one's for me, but thanks for sharing your enthusiastic response.

kfwilson6
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 43
Currently Reading: Look for Me
Bookshelf Size: 220
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: Rullunder the Imagerater by R Mikel Nelson

Post by kfwilson6 » 11 Apr 2018, 22:22

This sounds quite unique. I too like the ties to nature and am curious exactly how the author relates the two. This is a great review, tells what you will learn with our giving any of the author's secrets away.

Eileen R
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 28
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eileen-r.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Eileen R » 12 Apr 2018, 08:27

This book is definitely on my list of must reads.Thanks for the review

bigirimanacelestin
2017 Reading Goal: 52
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 92
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 327
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigirimanacelestin.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by bigirimanacelestin » 14 Apr 2018, 06:26

Three pilars like a stove. A stove to boil a succeful man who was high to remain high, to boost a coward and turn a sulgard into a man. What owlish, what great book to be read. Thank you great review.
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”
― Maya Angelou

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”