Official Review: Which Fish Tank by George P Butler

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Re: Official Review: Which Fish Tank by George P Butler

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

God where were you? I was wondering why, why I have not seen a review from you. FINALLY! too bad you have to settle with a 1 star for this. Fishing is really not my thing and I usually don't read books based on subject but thank you for sharing your thoughts. Even though I don't fish, I did go fishing in order to fish out your review so haha! ๐Ÿ˜
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The author had chosen a very good topic, but unfortunately he couldn't justify it properly. He should work on all those errors of formatting ,editing to give his book an impressive look. Good review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: โ†‘01 Apr 2018, 22:12 God where were you? I was wondering why, why I have not seen a review from you. FINALLY! too bad you have to settle with a 1 star for this. Fishing is really not my thing and I usually don't read books based on subject but thank you for sharing your thoughts. Even though I don't fish, I did go fishing in order to fish out your review so haha! ๐Ÿ˜
I had a review that wasn't published, then work got really busy, and then my dog of 11 years died so I didn't get too much done in March. Don't worry, I'm working on my next book already. Unless things go south really quickly, it won't be getting a 1 star rating.

Thanks for commenting!
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

CommMayo wrote: โ†‘02 Apr 2018, 09:08
Sahani Nimandra wrote: โ†‘01 Apr 2018, 22:12 God where were you? I was wondering why, why I have not seen a review from you. FINALLY! too bad you have to settle with a 1 star for this. Fishing is really not my thing and I usually don't read books based on subject but thank you for sharing your thoughts. Even though I don't fish, I did go fishing in order to fish out your review so haha! ๐Ÿ˜
I had a review that wasn't published, then work got really busy, and then my dog of 11 years died so I didn't get too much done in March. Don't worry, I'm working on my next book already. Unless things go south really quickly, it won't be getting a 1 star rating.

Thanks for commenting!
Oh good to know! :D
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Jkhorner
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 421
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jkhorner.html
Latest Review: The Stipulations of the New Covenant by Ralph E. Bass, Jr.

Post by Jkhorner »

Yikes. While I commend the author for wanting to write about fish tanks (an uncommon topic), perhaps he should have merely advised, and left the writing to a more experienced author. Thanks for reading and reviewing; it's a shame the book doesn't hold up!
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Post by Libs_Books »

Well, that's an awesome review - and congratulations on the thoroughness of checking out the author's citations. I kept cold-water fish as a child and never graduated to the 10-gallon tank, or a filtration system, but I found water snails did a pretty good job, and I found them as fascinating as the fish.

Sorry to hear about your dog. Somehow, I don't think fish have the same capacity for heartbreak.
CommMayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

Libs_Books wrote: โ†‘04 Apr 2018, 03:50 Somehow, I don't think fish have the same capacity for heartbreak.
So very true....

Thank you for your comments.
Bianka Walter
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

It really helps that you know a bit about fish tanks! This book would probably be like reading a foreign language dictionary for me. I know less than nothing about fish and their homes :)
Thanks for the review!
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
kfwilson6
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

I have to admit that I am not at all interested in fish, but I was curious as to whether or not this book would be useful for those who are interested in fish. My grandfather used to keep a few tanks and he had one of those really ugly fish that is supposed to help clean the tank. I always thought that was interesting. The fish also would eat each other; it was only one type of fish but the big ones would eat the babies. So I have seen how there are lots of issues that can crop up from something people might think is very simple, as they kind of have a reputation for being an easy pet. The summary of the book made it sound very promising. Your review however indicates this is not so. What a shame as I think there would be a lot of people who could find a simple fish-owner self-help book a useful tool.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

The author seems to have all the information that a pet fish lover would need but it is such a shame it is not presented in an orderly manner.
AmySmiles
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

It is too bad there were so many problems with this book. I too have ran across where books seem to be formatted weird with spacing and such even in Kindle and I wonder is that an issue with the app or the way that it was written? I tend to over look that as much as possible in case it has something to do with the app, but now I wonder if it's just the sloppiness of the author. Thank you for the review. I'm not really into keeping fish, and if I ever did become interested I guess I'll need to find advice elsewhere. Great review by the way!
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
โ€“Author Unknown
Sweet Psamy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweet-psamy.html
Latest Review: Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series) by Stella Knights

Post by Sweet Psamy »

I am not really interested in fishery so I might not read this book.I appreciate the author's willingness to share his knowledge on the matter.
sharkyjen998
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharkyjen998.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by sharkyjen998 »

That's a real disappointment that the author never gets to discuss the algae issue. As someone who has always loved fish myself, I've always struggled with this issue!! My first tank had a trusty albino shark type of algae fish that kept the tank clean, and my second tank had the plecto-type of algae fish. They were both very helpful, but they also ate smaller fish. :( I was hoping to get a better idea about how to manage this issue in the book, but it appears the author never elaborated on it. Thanks for your review!
_Delly_01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delly-01.html
Latest Review: Sigfriedโ€™s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by _Delly_01 »

I clicked on a link you posted on another forum, and it led me here. You shared different links to be an inspiration for other reviewers as far as being objective yet honest about a bad book goes. I felt I needed to read your review because I've just written a one-star review, and I thought maybe I was too harsh. I'm glad I came here. You have written your review gracefully, and it really is one I'm going to come back to in the future if need be. You're writing is clear and concise, and it truly sets an example.

As for the book itself, I'm sorry it wasn't what you'd hoped for.

Return to โ€œNon-Fiction Booksโ€