Official Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D. [December 2020 Book of the Month]

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mouricia25
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Official Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D. [December 2020 Book of the Month]

Post by Mouricia25 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Wilderness Cry" by Hilary L Hunt M.D..]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wilderness Cry by Hilary L. Hunt M.D. is a scientific and philosophical approach to understanding God and the universe. It addresses many controversial subjects such as the Bible, evil, the Trinity, Eternity, personality development, guilt, free will, marriage and sex, the legal system and many more topics.

It is very clear that the author did a lot of research through the very solid points he put forward. The author was much unbiased in his discussions, and it was refreshing to read a book that was not subject to any forceful personal beliefs but was instead much based on logic and clear reasoning. The reader was free to his reasoning about sin was my personal favourite. We only deem something a sin if negative consequences follow. I have always wondered about that, and I am happy someone was able to address it. Too often we judge people harshly for just being humans.

If you are someone who has always been interested in God but was turned off by organized religion, this is the book for you. It is for everyone no matter the sexual orientation, or religious beliefs. I especially liked that there was room for the reader to form their own opinion, whilst the author provided his own ideas and his reasons to support them. At some points, in the beginning, it felt like a science class which was a little tedious, however, it was well explained and it was necessary to explain several points. Also, the flow of the book was great, which made it even more enticing.

I had no expectations when I started reading this book but I was indeed curious to see how the different ideas would have been put together, and I am pleased that I got to read this book. Many of the questions I have had before, even things I never thought of were addressed. There is nothing I did not like about this book, and I found myself pleasantly surprised when going through the chapters. Overall I found the book informative and enjoyable and I learned a few things throughout.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars as there are no obvious editorial errors, it was well written and it was a very good read. This book is perfect for book clubs or any other such activities, as it contains many points that could be discussed and enjoyed. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes reading.

Wilderness Cry
View: on Bookshelves

Like Mouricia25's review? Post a comment saying so!
ValBookReviews
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 399
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valbookreviews.html
Latest Review: Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Post by ValBookReviews »

Good review that has peaked my interest and I'm adding it to my list as "want to read".
"And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life". (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
Mouricia25

Post by Mouricia25 »

ValBookReviews wrote: 29 Mar 2018, 20:40 Good review that has peaked my interest and I'm adding it to my list as "want to read".
I am happy you like it! Yes you should read it.
stacie k
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacie-k.html
Latest Review: River Kids by Jennie Linnane

Post by stacie k »

I’m impressed that the author could cover so many topics in a single book! It seems like an ambitious undertaking. I’m glad you enjoyed it so much.
“The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable.” Proverbs 15:2a
Mouricia25

Post by Mouricia25 »

stacie k wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 00:44 I’m impressed that the author could cover so many topics in a single book! It seems like an ambitious undertaking. I’m glad you enjoyed it so much.
It was a very good read! You should try it!
Aishat Rabiu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aishat-rabiu.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Aishat Rabiu »

Wow.. Now you got me wanting to read the book already
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Sunshine at the Academy
Bookshelf Size: 370
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: A.M.P.D Artificial Military Prosthetics by Thomas Hraynyk

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm unsure if I can express myself well on this topic. It seems to me that to talk about these subjects, you have to be coming from some sort of position. Christians come from one. Atheists from another. Muslims still a third. If the author is not taking a position, how can he examine these issues?
Good books, like good friends, are few and chosen; the more select, the more enjoyable.
-Louisa May Alcott
londonmartine
Currently Reading: American River
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-londonmartine.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by londonmartine »

So this sounds really interesting - so much chat about religion in the current media climate is very extreme, and an unbiased, logical look at the way we view things sounds very refreshing about now! My brother and I were raised Catholic and both more or less rejected it, but he has recently started to question things again, so I might recommend this to him.
Poppy Drear
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poppy-drear.html
Latest Review: Five of Pentacles by Anna Munson

Post by Poppy Drear »

I usually don't read religious books, so I'll have to give this one a pass. It sounds like it would spark a lot of discussions, though, and I'm glad the author researched their points and presented them effectively.
ValBookReviews
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 399
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valbookreviews.html
Latest Review: Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Post by ValBookReviews »

Mouricia25 wrote: 29 Mar 2018, 21:23
ValBookReviews wrote: 29 Mar 2018, 20:40 Good review that has peaked my interest and I'm adding it to my list as "want to read".
I am happy you like it! Yes you should read it.
Indeed! I will do. Thank you!
"And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life". (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
Mouricia25

Post by Mouricia25 »

kandscreeley wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 10:03 I'm unsure if I can express myself well on this topic. It seems to me that to talk about these subjects, you have to be coming from some sort of position. Christians come from one. Atheists from another. Muslims still a third. If the author is not taking a position, how can he examine these issues?
I think it is possible to examine an issue without taking a position. However the author of this book is a Christian, but he looks at things from different angles. So he did not come off as preachy, but rather someone who was knowledgeable about a topic and was okay with challenging various stances. I believe if you gave the book a try you would see what he attempted and succeeded in doing.
Mouricia25

Post by Mouricia25 »

londonmartine wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 10:11 So this sounds really interesting - so much chat about religion in the current media climate is very extreme, and an unbiased, logical look at the way we view things sounds very refreshing about now! My brother and I were raised Catholic and both more or less rejected it, but he has recently started to question things again, so I might recommend this to him.
I am sure he would enjoy the way the different topics were discussed.
Mouricia25

Post by Mouricia25 »

ViziVoir wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 13:07 I usually don't read religious books, so I'll have to give this one a pass. It sounds like it would spark a lot of discussions, though, and I'm glad the author researched their points and presented them effectively.
It's religious without being religious if you can understand that haha. But I understand that this may not be the book for you.
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by melissy370 »

Always interested in other's viewpoints on religious matters. Your review has piqued my interest. Thanks.
NL Hartje
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 386
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

I appreciate that the author is looking to connect with a broad audience by not pigeon-holing himself into one belief system. I think there are some ideas that are able to transcend the boundaries of opposing faiths so it's nice to see them presented in open-minded ways.
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”