Featured Official Review: Food Bank Britain by Ray Barron-Woolford

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aditi1992
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditi1992.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Featured Official Review: Food Bank Britain by Ray Barron-Woolford

Post by Aditi1992 »

I didn't know that rich countries like London suffer from food crisis. Though I loved reading about the author's compassion towards the poor which encourages him to do something about the crisis. Thanks for the review, it gave me some insight about the big problems the world is facing.
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

Wow someone said knowledge is power. Indeed, I didn't know existence of food banks but i get to research more on this. Funny thing is I thought food problems exist only in third world countries. Thanks for the great review.
Dhiraj24j
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dhiraj24j »

The title of the book tempted me to read about what is meant by "food banks" then a went to the depth of the book I got to know the causes,side-effects,reason and gave us the norms of food
The motivation that the author took to write the book was so heart touching and these are the qualities of a true human being who who things other problems as theirs and work on it
This gives an awareness in the society of how to utilise the resources effectively and efficiently
ekwe1
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by ekwe1 »

i have had about this kind of problem in the bible in Egypt about Joseph he is the first to store food so that many will not die if there are any lack of food that is what this book is trying to tell us about food bank it is very nice it help when there is a lack of food in the country .
Aswa

Post by Aswa »

Yes exactly it's all about being selfless
Jennifer Fernandez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-fernandez.html
Latest Review: The Enemy In Me by Jacob Newell Campbell

Post by Jennifer Fernandez »

It's really sad what this world has come to. Tons of food are wasted while people starve. I remember reading in the news of my country that local farmers were throwing away tons of eggs because people prefered to buy foreign eggs. It made me really sad that they prefered to throw away the eggs instead of giving them away before they went bad.
Kinkini
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinkini.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Post by Kinkini »

Isn't it surprising to see poverty in a first-world country? It breaks my heart to see hungry children, helpless parents, the needy and the homeless. But how much do we do to get them help? Thank you for the fantastic review. It gives a clear insight into the book and definitely makes me want to read it.
Regards,
Kinkini
A Bookworm
Hannahrg
Currently Reading: Survivor's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahrg.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Hannahrg »

The review has accurately narrated the ultimate gist of the book so I have a bird's eye view of what it focuses on. Likewise, the book cover looks pretty attractive and colorful making me want to make a peek inside and add the same to my shelves. Yes, surprisingly, I never thought food poverty existed in London and Canada. I have never been to these places but what I saw on television is quite different from this book. This books serves as an eye-opener to the realities of life even in the most wealthy and richest countries.
LouiseNicole10

Post by LouiseNicole10 »

Very wonderful. But sad to say that many people go for hungry. Thanks for the good review
arinjerry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by arinjerry »

Reading your review has made me
think about the hunger situation
in Africa and how little has been
done in terms of establishing food
banks. I would not mind reading
this intresting book
ekwe1
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by ekwe1 »

food bank is very good i think the writer is correct because it help a lot of peoples in the world about hunger
Anam kiani

Post by Anam kiani »

Mercy Bolo wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 08:34 Before reading this review, I had no idea what a "food bank" was. I like that the author highlights the problem of food shortages, not in the dry and dusty streets of Africa but in the rich countries.
the cause of poverty could be due to the unemployment and and illiteracy ..
Mary emma123
Currently Reading: Immortals' Requiem
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Mary emma123 »

This is my first time of hearing about "food bank" now I have an idea thanks to the author for the write up.
Jerry Ekid
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Jerry Ekid »

Food is an essential comodity in the daily running of our Human lives,so there is the need to save it.
[Arun Bohra]
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by [Arun Bohra] »

Before reading I did not knew what a food bank is. When I started to read I was lost in the book, wanted to know more about it.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”