Featured Official Review: Food Bank Britain by Ray Barron-Woolford

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nwene
Currently Reading: Brand Real
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwene.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Re: Featured Official Review: Food Bank Britain by Ray Barron-Woolford

Post by Nwene »

I'd love to read this!
funder
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by funder »

Is help to know that even the UK had food problems like it is in Africa .today our leader need to read it thank you
Maksiub1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Maksiub1 »

This is so insightful, I didn't know much of Food Bank until I came across this. Thanks for the review
Abdulsalam007+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Abdulsalam007+ »

"Food bank Britain by Day Barron-woolford is a book I celebrate for its appreciation for the importance of food and the ways employed in ensuring food security. The food security can neither be overemphasized nor underestimated because there's compelling need to make food available, accessible, affordable and its storage "food bank" is quintessential for the assurance if the aforementioned variables.

All in all, great review.
Eminence1616
Currently Reading: Willy's Ballgame
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Eminence1616 »

The world has become so bad that the well-being and the future of the youths have been vandalized through negligence and lack of empowering the youths. thanks so much for bringing this book
omotayo1885
Currently Reading:

Post by omotayo1885 »

Wow this review is great, I dont have any idea of what a "food bank" was. I know that the author highlights the problem of food shortages, not in the dry and dusty streets of Africa but in the rich countries.I felt the author's heart melted upon hearing the concerns of the poor people who came to ask for food assistance. The problems he was facing while doing his best to expand his food bank to cater all the needs of the poor and oppressed were not easy to solve. He could have enjoyed his life and not minded other's business, but he walked outside of his comfort zone and extended his hands to help others who were not in any way related to him.
Eileen R
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eileen-r.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Post by Eileen R »

It really is a conundrum when you are deemed "self-sufficient" just because you have a job and therefore not eligible for help.
isalu friday -2
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reading Device: vivo

Post by isalu friday -2 »

i love the emphacies the book was debating about
misatifelix
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misatifelix.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by misatifelix »

I never knew that one of the greatest economies in the world could also have food crisis just like the poor countries where starvation is a norm. Lack of food can also lead to suicidal thoughts where one can contemplate suicide over starvation.
Liz_Mac
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Liz_Mac »

I really couldn't comprehend what a food bank was but I think the review gave me a little insight of it.... I still find it hard to believe that poverty could exist in a first world class country...i see the how committed the man was to be of help...its a wanna read book for me.
BasilTanko
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by BasilTanko »

Dear Dolor, I must commend the consise and detailed manner,to which u tackled this review. No doubt,for those of us that are yet to read the book in question; "Food Bank",you have given us a picture of the Authors view towards food scarcity experienced by the developed countries,not to mention the scenario in Africa, where the menace seems alarming. I comend your review.
Sijaona1
Currently Reading: My Trip To Adele
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sijaona1.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Sijaona1 »

Humanity concerns raised in the book are worth noting, there is much more to think about in food banks in Britain than just in the dimension of meals alone.The review has been done in a contextually appropriate way and identifies well with Britain.
Anjozy15

Post by Anjozy15 »

incredibly awesome👏✊👍, what a nice review.. sounds craze people die of hunger why, I don't knw, I don't understand why a country with the highest economy in it continent still suffer from the lack of food.. damn .. wish everyone gets this stocked into their own lives and find a way to help people in need..
erlganda

Post by erlganda »

Seriously, I don't know what is "food bank". But now I know, I feel whats the author feels. It's really hard to know that there are so many people suffering in food crisis. I want to read this book. Thank you for your good review.
jamesakom

Post by jamesakom »

its bad that people do go hungry,we need to help them,this book is very good

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”