Featured Official Review: Food Bank Britain by Ray Barron-Woolford

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Damaris Juliet
Favorite Book: The Book of Joy
Currently Reading: One Way or Another (The Sisters Quartet)
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damaris-juliet.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Re: Featured Official Review: Food Bank Britain by Ray Barron-Woolford

Post by Damaris Juliet »

Just from the review,I think this book"Food Bank Britain"by Ray Barron-Woolford is really awesome, I already added to my shelf and looking forward to reading it in details.
Moureenkaranu
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moureenkaranu.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by Moureenkaranu »

Great review.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Dolor wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 16:57
"We, the 99%, have the power and the vote to force change: no political campaign has ever been won without a fight, a sustainable economy built on social justice on a global stage is for us to win, but that takes each of us to make a stand, challenge the figures and the bigotry and get active in our communities."
Thanks for the great review, Dolor! This seems like a fascinating read, and the fact that it deals with a topic that ought to be given more awareness is only a plus (the quote certainly hits very hard). I'm definitely going to place this on my to-read list!
Lijam Terseer Lijam
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lijam Terseer Lijam »

Am new and also excited about reading books, this review about "Food Bank Britain" am shock that developed countries experience food crisis like underdeveloped countries. more so that what eats mostly African countries up is corruption which is the genesis of both scarcity(food)... I wish to read this book as my first and review.
Ichedi Emmanuel

Post by Ichedi Emmanuel »

I have never heard of "food bank" before, it's great to know about something new. Thank you for the detailed it nice dear
Ash909

Post by Ash909 »

How sad that even in the first world, people can go hungry! In my country, a lot of government resources are lost to corruption; these funds could be used to ensure food-sufficiency (and other worthwhile endeavors) for all. I wonder if it is also corruption that is the culprit in the British scenario.
Marcella27

Post by Marcella27 »

When it comes to poverty it really hits me into reality. The Author of the book emphasizes what the truth we are facing right now.
Annieyaaah_Jacob14
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Annieyaaah_Jacob14 »

Reading your review makes me realize how lucky I am I have computer right in front of me replying to your review.

But really, I don’t really think London had this kind of food crisis not until I read your review. Now I am eager to read this book. I’m currently living here in the Philippines and food crisis has been part of our daily lives. Thanks for a very great review!
ShailaSheshadri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shailasheshadri.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by ShailaSheshadri »

Until now, I haven't been aware of the food crisis in rich places like London and Canada. I was astonished by the facts brought out by the author. This is a good review, and the book sounds truly informative and helpful to the public. Kudos to the author who puts his effort to help poor people through his food bank and other philanthropic deeds.
sadeemshaikh786

Post by sadeemshaikh786 »

By honestly reviewing this book i can say that the authour is giving a idea of the food banks it hshould be in the rich countries and sending it to africa .
julessawyer
Currently Reading: The Lost Continent
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julessawyer.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by julessawyer »

I've heard about food bank before and poor people in rich country but i think this is the first book that tackles food bank dedicated for richest countries poor people. Most food bank are dedicated to feeding poor people in poor countries. Thanks for the review.
Kaylaking81
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylaking81.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt

Post by Kaylaking81 »

This sounds like an interesting read! Love the review!
Book Bear
Currently Reading: Earth Alone
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-bear.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B0184OCGAK

Post by Book Bear »

This is a really thoughtful review. I learned a lot about the subject. I'm going to go find the book now. This is what I love about this site. People just love books here.
ea_anthony
Favorite Book: Praying successfully
Currently Reading: Prisoners of Geography
Bookshelf Size: 650
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ea-anthony.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by ea_anthony »

Had a faint idea of what a food bank might but had never read about or come across one. After going through the threads, I consulted Mr. Google and found out that there are food banks here in Lagos (Nigeria) where i live. Reading truly broadens one's horizons. Nice review! Well done!
Ignorance promotes divisiveness, knowledge encourages diversity. :techie-studyingbrown:
Suzan Fred Abel - 16
Favorite Author: Belle Ami
Currently Reading: Goodnight Irene
Bookshelf Size: 48
fav_author_id: 24819

Post by Suzan Fred Abel - 16 »

:P The news about food crisis in London and in Canada was shocking to read. I did not know and even imagined that these countries also faced the problem the poor countries are facing. I felt happy :P :techie-reference: The author extended his hands to help those people suffering. This book raises awareness to help the people, especially the one's in trouble and in need . Thanks to Ray Barron-woolford for Food Bank Britain .

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”