Featured Official Review: Food Bank Britain by Ray Barron-Woolford

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
felozo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Featured Official Review: Food Bank Britain by Ray Barron-Woolford

Post by felozo »

this is caused by corruption in the african countries thia leads to shortage of food and insecurity
casp24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by casp24 »

Dolor wrote: 15 Apr 2018, 02:14
Miriam Molina wrote: 14 Apr 2018, 22:20 How sad that even in the first world, people can go hungry! In my country, a lot of government resources are lost to corruption; these funds could be used to ensure food-sufficiency (and other worthwhile endeavors) for all. I wonder if it is also corruption that is the culprit in the British scenario.

In the early Christian communities, all the believers shared all they had, and nobody was in want. Can we say that we have progressed at all, seeing that many don't have enough to eat? Food for thought.
Thanks for dropping by my review and leaving a thought-provoking food for thought.

Corruption is the main cause of our country's poverty, but in Britain, the author stressed more on high rents, low wages, and delayed social benefit funding.

By the way, you might wanna check out my latest review "The Social Tattoo". It's about awareness and responsibility of parents with kids on social media.

Hi Dolor!

I am very new here. I am currently not doing reviews and I am reading reviews like yours. I liked your review, and would like to know about the review you did. Where can I find your review of "The Social Tattoo"?

Thanks and also hope you could give me a hand in the near future about how to go about the club. Thanks!

Regards,
Cas

"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep.
In dreams you will lose your heartaches, whatever you wish for you keep."
olami31_-
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by olami31_- »

Am very happy to read this book of FOOD BANK BRITAIN by Ray Barron Woolford. Its a very interesting book. I don't know that the book was published on November 29 - 2017. until I read it here
Anthony Martial Tata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-martial-tata.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Anthony Martial Tata »

The author writes about the challenges facing London. England is among the world's richest economies but still experiences a food crisis. Some of her resident languish in poverty and lack food to eat.
Rangnaan01
Currently Reading:

Post by Rangnaan01 »

All credit to your review, food bank is a captivating and fascinating book that elaborate on the poverty been suffered by developed countries such as London.
Bobby_brown38
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Bobby_brown38 »

The food bank part caught my attention...
That was enlightening though...
Lovely review by the way
Anthony Martial Tata
Currently Reading:

It is good to know that developed nations like developing nations have got their own share of problems. There is food crisis in London and Canada.
czar_milli
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by czar_milli »

I understand what it means to be poor, what it means to struggle hard before accomplishing anything, so I love this, foodbank or no food bank, people are out there who would do anything just for a meal
Anthony Martial Tata
Currently Reading:

I'm shocked at the revelation that Britain and Canada are experiencing food crisis. All along I thought that life in developed nations was smooth and free from challenges.
CrimsonPrincess24
Currently Reading: success bound
Bookshelf Size: 48

Post by CrimsonPrincess24 »

It's my first time hearing "fodbank". But to think that country like London experience this kind of crisis, it's unbelievable. I think I'm gonna add this to my bookshelf.
ben nganga

Post by ben nganga »

Title:Food bank Britain
Author :Ray borronwoodford
it is about food security. the author discuss how he faced hardship as they were poor. so after sometime he was able to learn more and did great things
onyango difasi

Post by onyango difasi »

Title: FOOD BANK BRITAIN.
Author: RAY BARRON-WOOLFORD.

In brief the author talked about food insecurity in the rich and developed countries.
Since he was poor, he discovered about FOOD BANK and started doing great things such that he could help others too.
Hina idrees

Post by Hina idrees »

In this topic the author is discussing the poverty of poor people actually he was feeling sad about poor people lives how they were surviving without food.
Author name is Ray Barron
xBibliobibulix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1638
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xbibliobibulix.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by xBibliobibulix »

I found the author's review a bit problematic due to it's lauding of how the writer can't believe there are food shortages in countries other than Africa. Africa is a large place with plenty of areas that are not food deserts and that probably have it better than many people in London and Europe. It just bothered me that the reviewer seemed generalize Africa.
Waleed khan swati

Post by Waleed khan swati »

Hmmmm!!!
I think it is a great idea for all over the world mostly including the poor countries like africa etc

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”