Official Review: Better Days Ahead by Andreas Jones

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
You must limit each topic thread in this section to only one book or only one series. Make the title of the topic the name of the book, and if possible also include the author's name. If you want to allow spoilers, you must include the word spoilers in the title of the topic, otherwise spoilers are prohibited.
bruin
2017 Reading Goal: 20
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 30
Currently Reading: Cracking the Genome
Bookshelf Size: 203
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bruin.html
Latest Review: The Pre & Post College Student Pocket Guide to Success by Renee J. Bey

Official Review: Better Days Ahead by Andreas Jones

Post by bruin » 22 Mar 2018, 13:14

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Better Days Ahead" by Andreas Jones.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Better Days Ahead is an inspirational Christian book written by Andreas Jones. He motivates readers to “never underestimate God’s ability” and that it is possible for everyone to live the fulfilling life that God has intended for them. He helps readers figure out what their purpose in life with God is and provides the tools to overcome any obstacles. Andreas does a fantastic job of guiding readers to realize that everything that they go through, whether bad or good, is always part of their spiritual path into a fulfilled life.

He discusses the meaning and purpose of prayer and how it helps you to achieve your dreams. Each chapter ends with inspirational exercises that help the reader to reflect on how to utilize the lessons for their personal growth. His step by step methods makes it easy to understand how to instill small changes that will make big improvements in your life.

I found it interesting when he stated that “In a study by Scientific American, scientists suggest that most humans only use about 10% of their potential.” Even if you do not share the same Christian beliefs as Andreas, I believe that this book would resonate with anyone who is looking for ways to improve their life. He discusses the impact that living in a positive environment, with people who will support you, has on your well-being. He does a great job at encouraging readers to realize their full potential and that the only limitations are within oneself. All of the exercises at the end of each chapter summarize the key points to his lessons and the notes sections are great for writing down small goals to accomplish as soon as you complete each chapter. It is broken down so that all of the information is easily digestible and not too overwhelming at once.

Every chapter is full of information, quotes from the Bible, and also stories about real people to encourage readers to realize their full potential and how to start living their best days. I do not know much about the stories in the Bible, but they are appropriately written in to give credibility to his lessons. I thoroughly enjoyed the real-life stories that were also included to support his life lessons. They were the most engaging and relatable aspects of this book. While reading this book, I have set new personal goals and have improved my relationships. I would highly recommend this book to everyone of all ages. If you do not connect with the religious aspects, then you can still learn from and benefit from the motivational lessons.

I rate this book a 4 out of 4. The book was very well written and edited, other than two spelling errors. The misspellings did not affect the flow of the book at all. The words “purpose” and “winning” were written as “prpose” and “wining.” If these typos were corrected, then there would be no other editing errors in this book. I will definitely be reading this again when I need guidance to set new goals or when I need a refresher on how to overcome difficult obstacles in my life.

Better Days Ahead
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like bruin's review? Post a comment saying so!

stacie k
2018 Reading Goal: 40
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 57
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacie-k.html
Latest Review: River Kids by Jennie Linnane

Post by stacie k » 23 Mar 2018, 13:15

bruin wrote:
22 Mar 2018, 13:14
While reading this book, I have set new personal goals and have improved my relationships.

I will definitely be reading this again when I need guidance to set new goals or when I need a refresher on how to overcome difficult obstacles in my life.
Your testimony of how the book has impacted you speaks highly to me of its value! You have convinced me to add this to my "Want to Read" shelf. Thanks for a great review!
“The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable.” Proverbs 15:2a

Tierrahughes15
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tierrahughes15 » 23 Mar 2018, 15:41

It is a great book

bruin
2017 Reading Goal: 20
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 30
Currently Reading: Cracking the Genome
Bookshelf Size: 203
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bruin.html
Latest Review: The Pre & Post College Student Pocket Guide to Success by Renee J. Bey

Post by bruin » 23 Mar 2018, 16:48

Thank you, enjoy the book!

naicme32
2018 Reading Goal: 0
2017 Reading Goal: 0
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 0
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naicme32.html
Latest Review: Temptation Trials Part II by B. Truly

Post by naicme32 » 24 Mar 2018, 15:29

I learnt that prayer has the power to change bad and impossible situations and also, we're ourselves are the only one that can stop ourselves from meeting our goal. no negative influence should discourage us.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”