Review by AnnH -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
AnnH
Favorite Author: Chindonhill
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annh.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
fav_author_id: 73800

Review by AnnH -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by AnnH » 05 Mar 2018, 05:13

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Living from a place of greatness begins from making a commitment to become excellent at what you do. True success in life begins only when you decide to take on challenges, believing in yourself, conquer your fears, never allowing anyone to bring you down and by preserving regardless of various setbacks or obstacles. The author of the book “And Then I Met Margaret” Rob White encourages the reader to learn from his life lessons by seeking to inspire each reader with a unique and uplifting story. This is a non-fiction self-help memoir type of book.

The main themes throughout the book are motivation, resilience, transformation, and inspiration. The author Rob White uses an uplifting and philosophical approach to explain each story, the book has 21 chapters – each chapter starts with a myth or a quote and then ends with a specific life lessons quote. The chapters contain a specific short story about a particular life lesson, the author Rob encourages the reader to seek deeper meaning, purpose and the truth of their life experience.

The author writes about gurus at various times of his life that taught him special life lessons, some of those individuals were family members, strangers, friends and so on, they all helped the author Rob to question the norms or even the myths in his life and to rise above them. The short stories were written in such a fluid and smooth manner, making them easy to understand and read, he is also a motivational speaker and he uses humor throughout his book to express his personal growth.

The author Rob discovered throughout his life what was most valuable, it was the unexpected people that he met and that influenced and awakened him, not the material wealth that he had acquired. For example, at one point in the book Rob wanted to become an entrepreneur or to start his Real Estate business and he decided to get a mentor to assist him in learning about this business, this was very clever on his part. This demonstrates to the reader that it’s necessary to have a guide or mentor during different phases or stages of our lives, having a mentor gives us clarity or a better perspective.

The author is a brilliant storyteller and makes this book very relatable and readable, it's easy to interpret from start to finish. This book taught the reader that life is full of lessons, at times life gives you a wakeup call; it encourages you to see the beauty in life and to learn special lessons from pearls of wisdom. Would I recommend the book to readers? Yes, I do, especially to the younger age groups, like students at college or university. I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars, due to its relevance and readability, it was an enjoyable read.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like AnnH's review? Post a comment saying so!

Eva Darrington
2018 Reading Goal: 18
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 33
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-darrington.html
Latest Review: Breathing Blue by Kathleen O'Dwyer

Post by Eva Darrington » 09 Mar 2018, 18:17

I enjoyed reading your review. I am so glad you said that this book would appeal to college students. I think that is right-on, after having read many reviews. I am glad you derived some benefit from this book. It's so special when a book has that effects. Thanks for the great review.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. -Scott Adams

siddilakshmi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by siddilakshmi » 12 Mar 2018, 11:43

It is an useful message WHO really works hard.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”