Official Review: The first cause by Abraham Dagesh

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
You must limit each topic thread in this section to only one book or only one series. Make the title of the topic the name of the book, and if possible also include the author's name. If you want to allow spoilers, you must include the word spoilers in the title of the topic, otherwise spoilers are prohibited.
Aubrey Cana Laine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page:
Latest Review: The first cause by Abraham Dagesh

Official Review: The first cause by Abraham Dagesh

Post by Aubrey Cana Laine » 05 Mar 2018, 03:20

[Following is an official review of "The first cause" by Abraham Dagesh.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever wondered about the deep meaning of life? About why human beings were created and who the Creator is? Abraham Dagesh’s insights on his book The First Cause may be able to enlighten you regarding these matters.

The First Cause, a book written by Abraham Dagesh as mentioned above and translated by David Ben-Nahum, talks about life, the world, and the Creator. It is like a spiritual journey that inspires and motivates others along the way and speaks of the doubts people have. Basically, the author talks about his perception of truth through his words in the contents, something that I personally found to be interesting.

First off, I have to admit that I was caught off-guard by the contents of the book when I read it the first time. I did not really expect the words to have a poetry-like arrangement, so it kind of made me lost interest. However, I decided to try it out until the end since I had already started reading it.

What I liked about the book is that it was eloquently written and the contents held a deep meaning to them. During the time when I read it, I felt like my mind was clear and I was just perceiving the words and the messages the author was trying to convey. There were also times when it seemed like I was meditating and seeing a different outlook into the world, something that made me ponder if something in me will change after finishing this book.

Meanwhile, I did not really dislike it much. I admit, though, that it took me quite a long time to finish it since I needed to envision the words in my head and appreciate their true meaning. Because I am usually a fast reader, it became a sort of new experience for me, but I did not actually mind having to slow down and process it little by little since it was, in my opinion, interesting enough to hold my attention.

All in all, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. Unfortunately, I cannot give a perfect score since I felt like it was lacking something essential, something more thought-provoking and memorable to stay in my mind. I am, however, recommending this to those who would like some motivation in their lives and would like their doubts or questions to be answered through this author’s philosophy. On the other hand, this book is not for ones who don’t read or dislike poetry arrangements.

The first cause
View: on Bookshelves

Like Aubrey Cana Laine's review? Post a comment saying so!

Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page:
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by cristinaro » 12 Mar 2018, 11:16

Is this a poetry book with a philosophical or motivational meaning? Have I understood correctly? Thank you for your review!

Sahani Nimandra
Trial Bookshelves Moderator
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 5
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 71
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 180
Favorite Book: <a href=" ... >Emotional Intelligence</a>
Currently Reading: Heartaches 2
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page:
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Sahani Nimandra » 12 Mar 2018, 22:00

I like another's concept and opinion about the way of life, it broadens your mind and perspectives. True it may bore some readers but it all depends on their taste and interest as well. I can acknowledge about your mind going to the meditative stance, that is bound to happen usually in these type of book and always a slow read is a better way to understand and process what you have read. I can see the effects that this book can bring to you through your review. Seems to me the book knows where to hit. Thanks for sharing this moving read, I hope I get a chance to experience the delight myself!
Happiness is a cup of coffee and a good book!

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Sunnyalwaysits » 13 Mar 2018, 00:39

:tiphat: that story seems to be very interesting .I love the author . Seems like a surprise around every corner

Miriam Molina
Previous Member of the Month
2018 Reading Goal: 48
2017 Reading Goal: 36
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 33
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 125
Currently Reading: A Stained White Radiance
Bookshelf Size: 489
Reviewer Page:
Latest Review: "Art of Peace by Collective Wisdom" by Davita
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Miriam Molina » 13 Mar 2018, 22:28

I presume the title The First Cause refers to The Creator, or whom most of us call God. Truly, He is the first cause, and all that ensued are effects. Thoughts about life and truth always hit deep. Life has to have a purpose. Otherwise, what fools we are to keep at it.

I wonder what the book's original language is and whether the translation is faithful to it.

Thanks for the thought-provoking review, Aubrey Cana Laine!

Thankgod adoche
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Thankgod adoche » 14 Mar 2018, 07:12

If really i understood the topic clearly,follow the topic of the book,The first cause,the main subject (Cause) could indicate the meaning of other words eg.reason,or planner.But here i guess cause is used to represent a deity...which has to do with spirituality capability..creation and planing..from my own view i think the book is okey.nice one

Special Discussion Leader
2018 Reading Goal: 115
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 27
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 94
Currently Reading: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page:
Latest Review: Jumping Over Shadows by Annette Gendler

Post by kandscreeley » 14 Mar 2018, 14:01

Well, I really am not into this topic. Beyond that, poetry has always been a struggle for me. I hate trying to puzzle it out as I really just want someone to come out and tell it like it is. So, this definitely isn't a book for me. Thanks for the review, though.
“There is no friend as loyal as a book.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”