Official Review: How to Dance with the Universe

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Re: Official Review: How to Dance with the Universe

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

Its like chi, connecting your spirituality with the universe is something possible. A part of this book is true! Thanks!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 05 Mar 2018, 20:39 Its like chi, connecting your spirituality with the universe is something possible. A part of this book is true! Thanks!
The author obviously thinks so!
JJNP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jjnp.html
Latest Review: The Seduction of Religion by Paul Singh
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by JJNP »

I found the review helpful, especially the discussion about the confused theories.
I am keen on self-help, and I admire people who write to help others. The author uses his own experiences to help others, which is always good.
There are many self-help books of many kinds, I don't think that this one is for me, but thank you for the review.
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

JJNP wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 01:26 I found the review helpful, especially the discussion about the confused theories.
I am keen on self-help, and I admire people who write to help others. The author uses his own experiences to help others, which is always good.
There are many self-help books of many kinds, I don't think that this one is for me, but thank you for the review.
Glad you enjoyed the review. Thanks for reading.
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Post by Libs_Books »

Thanks for the review. The Universe/God confusion isn't a big issue for me, but - despite the lovely title - I think the book sounds really irritating. Furthermore, I would be pretty angry if I'd paid for a book and then had to go on a website to download a missing chapter. I've met Technology and Maths books were you can go to download test material or exemplary files, but that's different, in my opinion. I'm glad to have your review, otherwise the title might have seduced me into buying the book.
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Libs_Books wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 13:43 Thanks for the review. The Universe/God confusion isn't a big issue for me, but - despite the lovely title - I think the book sounds really irritating. Furthermore, I would be pretty angry if I'd paid for a book and then had to go on a website to download a missing chapter. I've met Technology and Maths books were you can go to download test material or exemplary files, but that's different, in my opinion. I'm glad to have your review, otherwise the title might have seduced me into buying the book.
I agree. I think he should have called it a "Bonus" chapter!
NL Hartje
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

Much of my undergraduate degree was spent studying world religions and I often enjoy dissecting new viewpoints. Non-fiction isn't my preferred way to enjoy reading otherwise I might add this to my list. Thank you for your review!
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

NL Hartje wrote: 07 Mar 2018, 21:44 Much of my undergraduate degree was spent studying world religions and I often enjoy dissecting new viewpoints. Non-fiction isn't my preferred way to enjoy reading otherwise I might add this to my list. Thank you for your review!
Thanks for reading.
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A self-help book that motivates the reader to improve his life and be one with the universe sounds good. Adding personal stories to the book makes it more personal. Equating God with the Universe is another way to look at things. Too bad some of the concepts were confusing and unclear. I don't read self-help books, but I am glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Strangerthanfiction
Currently Reading: Night Seeker
Bookshelf Size: 304
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strangerthanfiction.html

Post by Strangerthanfiction »

Nice review. This sounds like a great book for fans of motivational reads. I like how the author points out how our attitudes can positively or negatively affect our health. I really believe that. I don’t think this book is really my cup of tea though. Thanks so much for sharing.
“You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.” – Paul Sweeney
love_b00ks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-love-b00ks.html
Latest Review: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by love_b00ks »

I read the sample on Amazon, but I don't think I would read the whole book. It is not my kind of material. But great job on the review!
Yoli García
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoli-garc-a.html
Latest Review: A taste of Cuba by Birgitte Røddik

Post by Yoli García »

I like motivational and spiritual books. I thought about reading it but I did not like that the author’s message about God and the Universe is not clear. Thanks for the review!
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

Wow! What a review. It seems like it's full of useful ideas, self-help, and positivity. A book that motivates and helps with personal growth is always welcome on my bookshelf. Thanks for the recommendation!
harrymadede
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by harrymadede »

self help book that helps the reader not only to understand the universe but also to achieve the flow with its sound thumbs up to the author for giving tips on how to adjust their thinking in order to be at peace with life i give it a 5 star
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

This definitely sounds like a unique motivational self-help! The concept of dancing with the universe in order to gain harmony and more positivity in life is something I've never really thought about. I'm not sure how I feel in comparing the Universe to God and the confusion between the two, but I do like the idea of having harmony in life. I do agree that thoughts can affect our health, but I'm not sure about it being the cause of cancer. The personal stories included, I'm sure, adds a nice personal touch to the book, but I'm confused about the missing chapter here? Too bad about the errors, and unclear/confusing parts. It looks like you enjoyed the book regardless, though! I don't think this is for me, but thank you for sharing!
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”