Official Review: How to Dance with the Universe

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
You must limit each topic thread in this section to only one book or only one series. Make the title of the topic the name of the book, and if possible also include the author's name. If you want to allow spoilers, you must include the word spoilers in the title of the topic, otherwise spoilers are prohibited.
kdstrack
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 60
Currently Reading: The Killer Angels
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: Shadow Saints by M. C. Jackson

Official Review: How to Dance with the Universe

Post by kdstrack » 03 Mar 2018, 12:27

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "How to Dance with the Universe" by Goran Goran Spasovski.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How to Dance With the Universe by Goran Spasa is a motivational, self-help book that encourages the reader to make lifestyle and thinking changes to have a successful and happy life.

The author begins by giving his definition of ‘universe’. This is his name for God, or a force that creates harmony. The Universe offers us this harmony if we do not resist it with negative thoughts and actions. When we achieve this harmony, we will be able to attract good things and also exert an influence in other people’s lives.

The person who achieves this harmony with the Universe will be able to apply this energy to other parts of his life. The author shows how harmony can be achieved in the area of money management. Several practical suggestions are given on how to buy a house, how to write a will, how to invest, etc.

Harmony can also be achieved in the area of health. Our thoughts can affect our health. When we live with stress our feelings are out of balance. These negative feelings can lead to cancer. If we have caused a negative health situation by our negative thoughts, we can rectify that situation by adopting positive thinking patterns.

After explaining the general principles of his system the author invites the reader to visit his website. There you can download the missing chapter of the book and also a calendar of positive thoughts to repeat for every day of the year. You will also be offered some personal advice to help you achieve your greatest potential.

I liked the many personal stories the author included. He shared how he had to struggle with divorce and cancer. He also lost several jobs. He shows that his system of positive living has been the fruit of his own experiences.

One thing that I disliked about this book was the confusing message about the Universe and God. On page 16 he says, “I want to teach you how to dance with the Universe, which is my name for God.” Later on p. 134 we read this: “We have an advantage…which allows us to be aware even of those things we do not know, like God.” More information comes on p. 223: “Your God or my Universe is our collective mind and nothing else.” At the beginning we are told Universe and God are synonymous. Then the message changes to: we can be like God and our minds are what form God or the Universe. Does that mean we are God? Are we the Universe? Does that mean we are to dance with ourselves? This just became too circular!

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I believe the author’s main message was to motivate us to take control of our life and mind by learning how to have a positive attitude. Some of the elements needed to achieve this positivity were confusing and unclear. There are also numerous spelling and grammar errors. The book would be useful for people who study human behavior.

How to Dance with the Universe
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kdstrack's review? Post a comment saying so!

cristinaro
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristinaro.html
Latest Review: The World of Ato by Patrick Borosky
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by cristinaro » 05 Mar 2018, 04:42

I like the title. :) I wish I knew how to dance with the universe. If you think about it, we're all doing it one way or another. I wish my dance would be a beautiful harmony of movements like the author suggests. I agree with you that one good thing about a book like this is that it teaches us to have a positive attitude in life. Thank you for your review!
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)

Roofings123-+_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Roofings123-+_ » 05 Mar 2018, 08:23

I have liked the book after reading it's topic How to Dance with the Universe.The author conveys a strong message from the title of the book and it has helped me personnallyafter reading the book because it changes the mindset of how a person who is depressed or who has given up on life on how to be positive about life up and to start believing in your life.

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
2018 Reading Goal: 115
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 53
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 94
Currently Reading: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: Hand of Silver, Hand of Gold by Christopher Grey

Post by kandscreeley » 05 Mar 2018, 09:16

As a Christian, I'm not really into "spirituality" like this. I don't think it would be a book I enjoy, but I appreciate the information. Thanks.
“There is no friend as loyal as a book.”
― Ernest Hemingway

kdstrack

Post by kdstrack » 05 Mar 2018, 09:34

cristinaro wrote:
05 Mar 2018, 04:42
I like the title. :) I wish I knew how to dance with the universe. If you think about it, we're all doing it one way or another. I wish my dance would be a beautiful harmony of movements like the author suggests. I agree with you that one good thing about a book like this is that it teaches us to have a positive attitude in life. Thank you for your review!
Thanks for your comments. It seems like most motivational books have this same message - just come at it from a different way. Keep dancing!!

kdstrack

Post by kdstrack » 05 Mar 2018, 09:35

Roofings123-+_ wrote:
05 Mar 2018, 08:23
I have liked the book after reading it's topic How to Dance with the Universe.The author conveys a strong message from the title of the book and it has helped me personnallyafter reading the book because it changes the mindset of how a person who is depressed or who has given up on life on how to be positive about life up and to start believing in your life.
Thanks. If the author has helped you change your mindset, then he has accomplished his goal.

kdstrack

Post by kdstrack » 05 Mar 2018, 09:38

kandscreeley wrote:
05 Mar 2018, 09:16
As a Christian, I'm not really into "spirituality" like this. I don't think it would be a book I enjoy, but I appreciate the information. Thanks.
Agreed. Thankfully there are many other books to choose from on. Read on, dear friend, read on.

kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Revenge from the Grave by Susan T. Parker

Post by kislany » 05 Mar 2018, 11:03

I've actually seen this offered at OBC on my dashboard, but I didn't pick it up as I saw something else that got my attention more. Based on your review, I will get it when I see it next. I am very much into spirituality (and not so much into religion), so this should be right up my alley.

prettysmart
2018 Reading Goal: 560
2017 Reading Goal: 0
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 1
Currently Reading: Big Doc Bitteroot
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prettysmart.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by prettysmart » 05 Mar 2018, 13:49

Great for psychologists and for people who are believers of the law of attraction concept like myself...Satisfying review!

melissy370
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 52
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by melissy370 » 05 Mar 2018, 14:57

What is with a missing chapter? Don't think this is the book for me with all the positive thinking stuff. Good review though.

Jkhorner
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2017 Reading Goal: 0
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 83
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jkhorner.html
Latest Review: If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Jkhorner » 05 Mar 2018, 16:13

This book sounds intriguing, but not in a way that makes me want to read it for my own benefit. The practical helps would be nice, but as I also am a Christian I don't appreciate the idea of equating God with the Universe (or ourselves). Thank you for the informative review!

kdstrack

Post by kdstrack » 05 Mar 2018, 16:55

kislany wrote:
05 Mar 2018, 11:03
I've actually seen this offered at OBC on my dashboard, but I didn't pick it up as I saw something else that got my attention more. Based on your review, I will get it when I see it next. I am very much into spirituality (and not so much into religion), so this should be right up my alley.
Hope you enjoy it!

kdstrack

Post by kdstrack » 05 Mar 2018, 16:55

prettysmart wrote:
05 Mar 2018, 13:49
Great for psychologists and for people who are believers of the law of attraction concept like myself...Satisfying review!
Thanks for reading!

kdstrack

Post by kdstrack » 05 Mar 2018, 16:56

melissy370 wrote:
05 Mar 2018, 14:57
What is with a missing chapter? Don't think this is the book for me with all the positive thinking stuff. Good review though.
In the book, the author gives his official website. After you read the book you can download another chapter from his site. He calls this the missing chapter!

kdstrack

Post by kdstrack » 05 Mar 2018, 16:57

Jkhorner wrote:
05 Mar 2018, 16:13
This book sounds intriguing, but not in a way that makes me want to read it for my own benefit. The practical helps would be nice, but as I also am a Christian I don't appreciate the idea of equating God with the Universe (or ourselves). Thank you for the informative review!
I also found that to be confusing.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”