Official Review: Training Law Enforcement Officers

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Re: Official Review: Training Law Enforcement Officers

Post by ayoomisope »

CommMayo wrote: 07 Mar 2018, 15:32 You did a great job on this review. Very fact based and comprehensive, which seems like the best tack to take with a book of this type.
Thanks for the comment. It was quite challenging to write the review. I'm glad it turned out well.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
NL Hartje
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

Wow, kudos to you ayoomisope! I doubt I could have gotten through such a technical read. From your review, this book seems like it fulfills its purpose though so I wish the author well!
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:

Post by ayoomisope »

Jkhorner wrote: 07 Mar 2018, 11:00 Thank you for taking the time to read this one. It sounds like a dense read, but a helpful tool for instructors and those interested in law enforcement. I'm curious to know how the author hopes this book will be used. Thanks for the thorough review!
Thanks for your comment. I actually feel the book could become a standard for law enforcement training. It is very comprehensive.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:

Post by ayoomisope »

NL Hartje wrote: 07 Mar 2018, 21:54 Wow, kudos to you ayoomisope! I doubt I could have gotten through such a technical read. From your review, this book seems like it fulfills its purpose though so I wish the author well!
Thanks for your comment. At first, I wondered why the book was on OBC, but I'm glad I read it.
― Charles William Eliot
rik17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rik17.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by rik17 »

I will like to give it a try, even though it's miles off from my areas of interest, mainly because of the manner in which you have described its contents. You have outlined both the offbeat elements of the work as well as those that are more relevant in general terms.

Thanks for the thorough review!
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

I am not sure this book is for me, but I certainly enjoyed your review. The book seems to have, overall, an extremely narrow scope which you correctly pointed out.
Mr Benji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-benji.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit

Post by Mr Benji »

This book must indeed be helpful to students because it talks about brain develop£ent and memory. Thamks
Books are lovely.
Mr Benji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-benji.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit

Post by Mr Benji »

This book must indeed be helpful to students because it talks about brain develop£ent and memory.
Thanks.
Yours sincerely,
Mr Benji.
Books are lovely.
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:

Post by ayoomisope »

Jkhorner wrote: 07 Mar 2018, 11:00 Thank you for taking the time to read this one. It sounds like a dense read, but a helpful tool for instructors and those interested in law enforcement. I'm curious to know how the author hopes this book will be used. Thanks for the thorough review!
Thanks for your comment. The author hopes that the strategies and instructions in the book call be adopted by law enforcement trainers and training agencies.
― Charles William Eliot
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

This is a very special and educational book which I think every law enforcement officer in my country should read. This review is so much detailed. Good review
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”