Review by LilBob -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LilBob
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilbob.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Review by LilBob -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

Post by LilBob »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In the book, "Who Told You That You Were Naked," Mr. Combs retells the story of Eden in a way that brings it to life in an understandable way. He brings Adam and Eve to life so we can see how our many great grandparents lived. In a story format Mr. Combs tells what they may have been thinking when they disobeyed God. Then he uses Bible verses to explain our own Eden in our lives and the path to the light of faith. Mr. Combs explains the Bible in a way that makes all he is saying understandable.

I gave this book a 4 out of 4 stars because I truly enjoyed reading it. I read it in 3 days - I did not want to put it down. I even enjoyed the introduction Mr. Combs wrote. Most of the time I skip introductions but in this book Mr. Combs told about his childhood in an interesting way that held my attention and made for a good comparison to open chapter one of the book.

The only part of the book I did not like was a part about Exegesis versus Eisegesis. If Mr. Combs had explained the words with their meanings before going straight into that small section then I would have understood it better. I am a high school graduate of a small Appalachian Mountain school and never heard the two words. Yes I could have looked them up - but I was enjoying the book so much I didn't want to take time to stop.

Mr. Combs put thought provoking questions at the end of each chapter. Questions that have no right or wrong answer - but help you build your faith and also understand yourself better. I wanted to finish reading the book and didn't take the time to answer all the questions so I am going to read the book again and answer every question. I never read a book before that I truly enjoyed the question section and did not skip reading them.

I would recommend this book to any church to use as a study into faith. This is a book I will read over and over and enjoy every time I read it. It is also a book I will not only recommend to those wanting to rebuild their faith in our Heavenly Father; but I will recommend it to all those who enjoy reading books based on the Bible. After reading this book written by Mr. Combs I am anxiously looking forward to reading more from him. He writes from his heart and his book shows it. My father was a preacher and him and I sang in church, he told me that for people to enjoy a song the person singing it had to sing from their heart. Mr. Combs' book came from his heart making it a very awesome read.

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like LilBob's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”