Review by Olivieclue -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Olivieclue
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivieclue.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Review by Olivieclue -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by Olivieclue »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"And then I met Margaret " by Rob white

Bestseller Rob white, this book assembles 21 life experience of rob that went on to shape him to be the person he his today, every chapter starts with a myth and at the end of each chapter it showed how these myths were proven wrong, helping its readers understand the fact that myths are just shared set of perspectives, values and history of a culture or group of people, they were basically put in place for checks and balance. And most times inhibit our growth if we hold on to it strongly. Rob sheds light on our day to day interactions with ordinary people(guru) and how we can take the lesson we learn to our advantage, using this experience to make magically transformation in our lives and those around us. Rob stories talk about what it takes to break through in life, dream big and keep the fire or passion burning for as long as we live.

After reading this book, I came to the understanding that we learn the best and most valuable lessons from our own personal experience and it is up to us to make diamonds out it or dust. Sometimes I find it an intimating to learn from people around me, out of fear of what people have to say, stubbornness, most times because of my ego, I do not want to accept the fact that someone might be better than I am in some aspect of life. But after reading this book I have come to realize that it limited my growth and kept me curled up for God knows how long.

We all have different personalities, and like we all know variety is the spice of life, we are all here to complement each other, we can't act the same way, This book enlightens its readers on appreciation, give you a reason to see the importance an individual has in your life. Most times we are focused on seeing the wrong in people, for those of us who think in this way, this book will challenge you to identify when you need to learn from your experience and situation rather than complain.

Just as Rob said and I totally agree on, this book is not a self-help book that gives you ideas or rules to follow so as to be the best version of yourself, but rather it gives you an opportunity to note the error and make corrections were you seem fit, it instils in you that sense of gratitude. Coaching its readers that the experience you get in life should be incorporated into your life so as to make the best of this world and also help those around you towards self-growth. It gives you a reason to look at life from an optimistic point of view picking out something motivational and inspirational from your day to day ordinary life gurus.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars due to the fact that it is so relatable, full of humour and packed full of core values that would save humanity, I really enjoyed reading it and hope you would too.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Olivieclue's review? Post a comment saying so!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

It's interesting how you mention that our own stubbornness often keeps us from learning. We resist change. This author invites us to overcome this resistance. Thanks.
Venella123
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Venella123 »

It's very interesting and life changing
Yvette1996
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Yvette1996 »

Everything and everyone that comes in our life shapes us as what we are now. “The story talks about what it takes to break through in life, dream big and keep the fire or passion burning for as long as we live” is indeed good advice. We should not give up on our dreams and keep on striving.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”