Official Review: For the Love of God by William K. Ruffing

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Official Review: For the Love of God by William K. Ruffing

Post by Acwoolet »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "For the Love of God" by William K. Ruffing.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

William K. Ruffing answers the age-old question about whether there truly is a God in his non-fiction book For the Love of God. While answering this question, so many more come up that it can cause one’s head to spin straight into a whirlwind. If one is looking for answers to whether there is a God, a Heaven or Hell, why God would send his Son to die for us, or many other answers, this book is a great place to start.

Ruffing uses wonderful, easy to understand language throughout his book, so the reader doesn’t have to be a Bible scholar to actually understand the book. Each subject is given its own well thought out chapter, with an introduction to what the subject is and what it would mean for the reader, scripture to back up what the author is saying, and occasionally a nice little story or anecdote. The author also dives a bit into the original meaning behind certain words and why they have been used in Bible. The author also gives us a ton of fascinating footnotes on everything from verses, to definitions, to other thoughts to ponder.

I enjoyed reading this book very much, so much that I never put it down and finished it in one sitting. I found the stories and anecdotes to be delightful additions to the book, furthering exactly what the author was trying to say. I feel that this book would be beneficial for anyone looking for answers or guidance in the areas of God, His love for us, and how to be able to understand the Bible better. Every idea that the author has is backed up by scripture and leads up to a full summary where each question that the author presents is given an answer.

I really couldn’t find anything that I didn’t like about this book, it was well thought out, answering every question brought up. It was also well written, I couldn’t find any errors which gave it a professionally edited feel to the book. The authors writing was engaging and fun, which caused me to be fully immersed while reading the book, I finished it before I realized that I was anywhere near the end.

I whole-heartedly give For the Love of God by William K. Ruffing a 4 out of 4 stars. It was enjoyable, informative, and easy to read. I believe that many people will be able to find answers to their questions, and hopefully a better understanding of who God is and why He loves us so much.

For the Love of God
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Acwoolet's review? Post a comment saying so!
Katerina Katapodi
Favorite Author: Rin Chupeco
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3829

Post by Katerina Katapodi »

This Book referred to God, is actually a very interesting book, for those who believe in Him, and have also read and studied the Bible. It's this a book of confirmation to those who truly believe, and still seek answers to secrets of Him, as well as creation of Universe. These people, find relief, in what they believe so far, and further confirmation of some scripts of Bible in a way of comparison. And furthermore, this book actually gives deep analysis of meaning and significance of God, and discover many things, throi=ugh support of Bible, learning thus even more, on what God consists. It's an informative and descriptive book, confirming first, what would be the meaning of God, if He had not sent His Son to save the world.
Written in good language, paradigms, and notes on Bible, it can amplify knowledge of reader, giving more explanations, on many questions, that faithful readers may have had so far, thus until they read book.
This book, can even make an atheist search more, and satisfy his/her curiosity on content described above. May be they'll still be atheists after reading book, but will already have a raised interesting.. to read or study more.
The book helps reader to find out more on Essence of God, that HE hasn't obviously revealed so far, being a GOD, and never reveal whole truth on Him. The book also provided many ways, in making reader able to think and develop a deep insightful thought on Him.
The success of this book is that it doesn't create confusion to anyone, it rather clarifies meaning of words in regard to God, reinforces thought and belief of reader to Him, by clarifying many times, ambiguous words or meanings in regard to Existence and Essence of God and His Son, as well as giving clear and speficic answers, one may have. Also the book, is not boring at all, it has cohesion, despite of many relative subjects, that one reads with pleasure. Congratulations to author, for helping us so much! I give a 4 on 4 Stars to this book, also written in Good language!..
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by melissy370 »

Wow, this book is so good that you couldn't put it down? I will definitely read it. Although I believe in God already, I like to read from others on how they express ideas to nonbelievers. Thanks for the review.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This sounds a bit like Lee Strobel's Case for Christ. Sounds like a really great book. Thanks for a lovely review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
NL Hartje
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

Acwoolet wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 13:12 I really couldn’t find anything that I didn’t like about this book, it was well thought out, answering every question brought up.
I've read from other reviews that it is very evidence-based which makes this very compelling to me!
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

It seems unusual to me that this was so engaging you couldn't put it down. I have had that with fiction books, but as much as I read in this genre, I have yet to run into one that I couldn't put down. I may have to read a sample to see if I have the same response.
Jkhorner
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 421
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jkhorner.html
Latest Review: The Stipulations of the New Covenant by Ralph E. Bass, Jr.

Post by Jkhorner »

This sounds like an interesting read, and I'm curious about the author's background. If it is as engrossing as you say, I may pick it up. I've read many apologetics books, but I can honestly say none have been can't-put-it-down good. Thanks for the review!
Chuka-19
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Chuka-19 »

I love this book,even tho I already believe in God.I want to read it again..
prettysmart
Currently Reading: Big Doc Bitteroot
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prettysmart.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by prettysmart »

OK so religion is not my cup of tea but I can definitely learn a thing or two as it relates to spirituality. Commendable review!
IamShing
Favorite Book: Doctor Sleep
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamshing.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by IamShing »

A different kind of book to enlighten the day. Thanks for review
'Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.'
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A Christian non-fiction book discussing God, Jesus, and beliefs sounds uplifting, but it isn't for me. Easy language, organized content, and anecdotes make it a good read for fans of the genre. That it was well edited is another bonus. Not for me, but I am glad you found it unputdownable. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Renu G
Currently Reading: Masters and Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renu-g.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola

Post by Renu G »

I downloaded a sample of this book and it looks interesting. It deals with some common questions about the Christian faith. I hope I can read it some day.
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

This Christian nonfiction book discusses the author's view on God, Jesus, and the Bible. If I want to read about the Bible, I will read the Bible itself and make my own interpretation. I'm glad that you enjoyed the book so much. Thank you for your interesting review.
Paul78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Paul78 »

I have seen a scripture i once read some time ago. It was truly refreshing to go through the passage on forgiving one another for whatever grievances we have against one another as Christ forgave us.
Thanks for your review.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin
Scerakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

This sounds like an excellent reference for religious readers that have burning questions concerning the existence of God.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”