Featured Official Review: The Day I Broke My Brain

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
FictionLover
Favorite Book: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fictionlover.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Re: Featured Official Review: The Day I Broke My Brain

Post by FictionLover »

Wow, when I saw the title of this book, I had to read your review. For some reason, I was expecting something different from the title. I was just talking to someone about traumatic brain injuries. I don't have time to read this one now, but I am going to put it on my TBR shelf.
"I love reading another reader’s list of favorites. Even when I find I do not share their tastes or predilections, I am provoked to compare, contrast, and contradict. It is a most healthy exercise, and one altogether fruitful." T.S. Eliot
AT6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by AT6 »

This book made known that every opportunity must be taken. Opportunity comes but once. Kudos!
RishyR
Currently Reading: Walking Disaster
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishyr.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by RishyR »

Great review... it definitely has me thinking twice about what the author would have had to go though and the struggle, not just for himself, but for his family.
Seems like this is a book worth reading.
AWANDO OGUTU
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-awando-ogutu.html
Latest Review: Brand Real by Vasken Kalayjian

Post by AWANDO OGUTU »

The book emphasizes on not taking your health for granted. Human beings often concentrate on other life aspects at the expense of their personal health.
pinchess07
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: Zeva
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinchess07.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by pinchess07 »

I'm definitely checking this out. There are times when I just wanna be emotional, you know? And I figure, those emotions are often negative, but a positive read would divert that and break this cycle of self-destruction I've got going on. I could fill my head with positivity instead of drowning in ugly thoughts. I don't often read non-fiction, but every once in a while I stumble over something worth reading. And it seems like this is one of them.
MisOlena
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MisOlena »

I am very would like to read this book and then review it.
AWANDO OGUTU
Currently Reading:

Post by AWANDO OGUTU »

At times, all may seem well, we may look wealthy yet something terrible maybe cancer is developing within us. The book advocates for healthy living and advices readers to never leave their life for granted.
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 670
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

Quite informative and convincing review.
Something I liked about the book, which you even mentioned is it brings out the idea that we need not to judge others based on what we see because we have no idea of the pangs they are experiencing in life. Real life lesson.
Thank you for the nice review.
No Wahala
Gene_capunay
Favorite Book: The God Debate - Dawkins in Denial
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Gene_capunay »

Sometimes, life goes wrong but we should always look it in a positive way. This book says that money can't buy life because health is wealth.
starlight79
Currently Reading: The Phillip Dick Reader
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starlight79.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by starlight79 »

Thank you for the review. I am a special education teacher and have worked with several students with TBI. Having a more inside track in understanding what they are going through would really be helpful. As a mother of young children a quick read is a must. I will be sure to check this one out.
NSehra
Currently Reading: Cinderella and Colonel
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by NSehra »

Great review! The book sounds really intriguing. I dig such books which forces one to think deeply, makes one value what he has. You only understand how important your health is when it starts deteriorating.
Soraya26

Post by Soraya26 »

Amazing book . Really gets on the feeling of the brain & informs you a lot
AWANDO OGUTU
Currently Reading:

Post by AWANDO OGUTU »

The author advises against strenuous physical exercises. He used to go for daily physical exercise upon returning home from work. He breaks his head when he goes for mountain riding that he strongly advises against doing.
klwoodford
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klwoodford.html
Latest Review: Pembrim by Bree Lenehan

Post by klwoodford »

Thank you for the telling review! I find this book interesting and you are absolutely correct, traumatic brain injuries do not get talked about often, but they have the capability of completely changing a person's personality! I have a B.S. in Psychology and am working on an M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. I find the brain and its workings fascinating. If anyone is interested in the impact or traumatic brain injuries I urge them to look into the case of Phineus Gage! As for the book reviewed, I think I'll put it on my 'to read' list and check it out. 😃
maryjoydalisay23

Post by maryjoydalisay23 »

:oops: One of the amazing book i’ve ever seen before the title is so amazing and base on the book for me the author is so great for choosing the title 😍 We must never over ruin those things in life we must go with the flow pf it no matter what happened happens. Love it!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”