Featured Official Review: The Day I Broke My Brain

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dabuddhababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dabuddhababe.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Re: Featured Official Review: The Day I Broke My Brain

Post by Dabuddhababe »

The review is straight to the point and tells you what you need to know. I'm glad the author added pictures to help better understand how he got to where he is. Watching your body break down in front of you can be a scary thing. Thanks for the review it's a read for me.
AWANDO OGUTU
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-awando-ogutu.html
Latest Review: Brand Real by Vasken Kalayjian

Post by AWANDO OGUTU »

Heinous exercises should nee discouraged especially when it poses concern to our health.
Aakriti_08
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Aakriti_08 »

It’s such a motivational book, one can easily learn about the challenges of life and how to face these challenges!
jhomarcams26
Currently Reading: Mistress Suffragette
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by jhomarcams26 »

Great author this is awesome I really want to add this on my shelves
Precious Edet

Post by Precious Edet »

I will love to read, the whole book. Though it gives me the courage to take advantage of every moment of my life, change is a constant thing
Arotiwebi-ojo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Arotiwebi-ojo »

Idea of positive outlook in difficult times is so attractive to me. This is a book I would like to read.
paulitfaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paulitfaa.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by paulitfaa »

Being handicap is not death.There is much to life than our physical inability and this book should serve as panacea for traumatized persons and handicaps.
kwaro25

Post by kwaro25 »

Splendid work done, but there has to be a balance between emotional and logical description.
Surakshita-11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surakshita-11.html
Latest Review: The Mystery Of Flight 2222 by Thomas Neviaser

Post by Surakshita-11 »

I think this book is must read for someone who is suffering fron illness and has lost all hope. Even I have one such member in my family and I feel that one such book can bring great positivity in life.
Thanks for such a genuine review
Cindeerella19
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero

Post by Cindeerella19 »

I have a friend who suffered a traumatic brain injury in an accident just over a year ago. I think I will recommend this book to him because of the positive and encouraging attitude of the author. My friend also has a positive attitude, although I can sense his ongoing struggle. I think he would appreciate reading another person’s account of a similar struggle and maybe won’t feel so alone in it. It sounds like it could have been even more helpful if the author would have made it a little bit longer and more in depth. Even so, kudos to him for writing his story!
HJH3355
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hjh3355.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by HJH3355 »

Your review is very interesting. I am new to the book club, (only one review) but not new to Traumatic Brain Injury (TMI).
My sister suffered a brain tumor, (thankfully benign) which left her with TMI. She was optimistic, similar to the central character in the book. I will read this book, because it strikes a deep chord within me.
Thank you for your insight, and you are on target by thinking that many areas were 'glossed over'.
The little things are the most difficult to deal with for a TMI sufferer.
I look forward to more reviews from you.
Good7girl

Post by Good7girl »

Reading the reviews of The Day I broke my brain. This had me thinking about life and how it can flip on you at any given time. No matter how much we take care of ourselves, our situation can change at any time. I understand him because as an older woman of 61, I am thankful for life and also know that I should live my life to the fullest because no man knoweth the minute nor the hour.
Aditi1992
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditi1992.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Aditi1992 »

I really can't imagine the trauma of the person discussed in the book. We crib about such small issues in life while people are actually struggling with far bigger ones. It must be so painful to go through the brain injury and yet it must have made him so strong.
Thanks for the review!! It is so well formed!
S Chinaski
Currently Reading: Before They're Gone
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheshiercat.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by S Chinaski »

Thanks for the great review; the book sounds interesting and right up my alley.
Adding it to my "want" list!
Kingtolu32

Post by Kingtolu32 »

I have to admit, I am drawn to books where challenges are battled and obstacles are overcome. People never talk about serious illness and mental illness but in reality it is all right to talk about them..It's great to hear that his attitude is positive and that he has the support of his family. Too bad about the need for more editing, and I agree, it probably would have been better hear the day to day struggles, including therapy sessions.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”