Featured Official Review: The Day I Broke My Brain

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gyde
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Featured Official Review: The Day I Broke My Brain

Post by Gyde »

Great review. The fact that life is short and we should live every moment.This book tend to speak to me at a very personal level.The book inspires people like me not to give up and fight obstacles.Excellent
paulitfaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paulitfaa.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by paulitfaa »

Every body some times experiences some degree of trauma. What keeps us going is our ability to gather our broken pieces to form a better us. "The Day I Broke My Brain" gives an insight into the cravings of the author to come out his trauma, of which he did.
Rose Anne03
Currently Reading: Refugee
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-anne03.html
Latest Review: The Elf Legacy - Book Five of the Magi Charter by Jordan David

Post by Rose Anne03 »

The reviews catch me up. Very interesting and captivating. Must read this especially to those people who feel they're left behind. Lost hope and ecperience the struugle in life.
Hannahrg
Currently Reading: Survivor's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahrg.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Hannahrg »

The Day I Broke My Brain speaks of the realities in life as well as the uncertainties that surprise and shock us. One of the challenges in life is when we acquire physical ailments. It not only breaks our brains or physical limitations but also oftentimes destroy our resolve to continue living. I am going to add this book to my shelf because I believe that the principles and lessons in the book based on the review will add encouragement to my own personal challenges.
BURNABOY

Post by BURNABOY »

this book is very interesting,it's now encourage me to be strong in any predicament i found myself in.i thank the author for making such an emotion and educative works.
arinjerry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by arinjerry »

This book has a poweful premise
where it teaches to take
advantage of every opportunity
instead of sitting on the side lines
or being under active.
lbrannock

Post by lbrannock »

Great read! Gives a great insight on daily events that can happen to anyone without even knowing it. Very great details that paints a picture in your head, which every reader enjoys!
Faithmwangi
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Faithmwangi »

It's so sad how our body betrays us sometimes. One time you think you're good, the next you find yourself in a hospital bed. I am glad that Mr.Eastwell was able to stay positive throughout and believe that was the greatest key to his recovery.I like this book. Thanks for the review.
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
shryl04
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by shryl04 »

The Day I Broke My Brain is an inspirational story of courage and endurance in the face of an almost catastrophic physical injury. I was moved by Darron's story.❤️
ogarstephen
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by ogarstephen »

event change your life forever like that...It's great to hear that his attitude is positive and that he has the support of his family. Too bad about the need for more editing, and I agree, it probably would have been better hear the day to day struggles, including therapy sessions. This probably would have brought out an even more
TaaraLynn
Currently Reading: To Selena, With Love
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taaralynn.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by TaaraLynn »

It's great when we can learn lessons right along with the character. Thanks!
"Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset." - Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders
Omnie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Omnie »

Awesome review! Sounds like a really cool book. Maybe i’ll check it out!
Abdulsalam007+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Abdulsalam007+ »

To start with, not every human being will be super bold enough to air his/her tragic experience in life, to talk less about indirectly or somewhat direct counsel to everyone who's privilege enough to read this book for the insights into the importance of healthy life, for health is wealth
Julie Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Julie Green »

I have read a number of books about lives suddenly impacted such as "Left Neglected" by Lisa Genova or the truly stunning "The Diving-bell and the Butterfly" by Jean-Dominique Bauby. They all make an impact on me about life's sudden twists, and this too sounds like an interesting book. Thank you for the detailed review.
bluesky5_
Favorite Book: Fifty Shades of Grey
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluesky5.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by bluesky5_ »

The Day I Broke My Brain

The last two sentences of the review SAYS IT ALL and I use them as a mantra.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”