Featured Official Review: The Day I Broke My Brain

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AmberNDavis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Featured Official Review: The Day I Broke My Brain

Post by AmberNDavis »

This review is good and makes me want to read this book. A book about something that is really never talked about. I do wish it was longer then 100 pages but I will definitely read it!
ederhifejidar
Currently Reading: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by ederhifejidar »

A great book n a wonderful review..often in life we tend to forget about the definition of health...this book sounds as a reminder to us that in a split second an event could change our life and it also gives hope that positivity is the answer to this change..it also adds to the fact that giving support to people would help them confront their fears
elivia05
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elivia05.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by elivia05 »

This sounds like a very compelling read. Great review!
Nmesoma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nmesoma.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Nmesoma »

The book seems great, and emphasizes what anyone of us or even someone we love could go through. The review was awesome and captured the most important details of the story.
CaribbeanLady
Currently Reading: The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caribbeanlady.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Reading Device: B01DXVKHH8

Post by CaribbeanLady »

At first, I thought from the title it was a comic novel, but I after reading the review I realise it is a non-fiction. The title is captivating enough but with a review like this, it makes one want to purchase it instantly. It is great to know about personal renderings of individuals who go through traumatic experiences such as this one. His positive outlook on this will certainly help others in similar situations. It, however, is mildly disappointing how this book is not professionally edited and the formatting is confusing. I really hope it gets resolved soon. Splendid review!
Plfern
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-plfern.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Plfern »

Thank you for your review, kandscreeley. Stories like this one make you think about how precious life really is, and that we should strive to do the best we possibly can in whatever we endeavor to do. I, too, have a chronic disease and struggle daily getting through each day. Looking back, I wished I had done things differently, better, more aggressively, more lovingly. . .the list goes on. The Day I Broke My Brain sounds like a good book that I will put on my "want to read" list.
Adetutu09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adetutu09.html
Latest Review: Delightful Hands by Andrew Pace
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Adetutu09 »

Great review. I would definitely pick up this book to learn a few lesson as well.
adeleye_mariam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by adeleye_mariam »

I got attached to the book by the title and getting to review it, I realised the author really meant every of his word in the top... This is such recommendable
Destinymay

Post by Destinymay »

When reading this book I understood the mind an body but what I don't understand is why didn't the author talk more about the brains function an how it balances itself with the body function I wish the author had said more
Lizbeth2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Lizbeth2 »

Official review of "The Day I Broke My Brain" by Darron Eastwell
This a short read in it, Mr. Eastwell details his life before and after his Traumatic Brain Injury. He allows us glimpses of his recovery as well as how different his life is today compared to what it was.
Nice work
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

I love books that are based on personal experiences. Too bad for the errors. However, that will not make me not to read the book to capture the author's story.
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

What an interesting topic for a book! I admire the bravery involved in sharing such a personal traumatic experience. Despite the needed edits you mentioned, I think I'd still enjoy reading it.
izzyskylar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by izzyskylar »

This sounds like a good book. It’s great to be able to look at someone’s life before and after a tragic event and how they over came the opticals. Great review
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

This sounds like an interesting read. The inescapable truth is that on any given day, anyone could have a similar life-changing accident. Learning how to retreat your life afterward must be a challenge. Thanks for this review.
Joshclaire

Post by Joshclaire »

Wow... What an amazing story. Most times people don't care about how they live their lives and death to them sounds like something for others cos they've had no near experience. But the moment they do, it's as if there's this rush of electrical impulses from the experience that changes them for the better, yet, some deviate from it later in life.. This is a book I'd love to read. Really nice😊

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”