Review by pcaygs34 -- Roadmap to the End of Days

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
pcaygs34
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pcaygs34.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Review by pcaygs34 -- Roadmap to the End of Days

Post by pcaygs34 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book Road to the End of Days is a religious book which covers different takes on the past, what people call the apocalypse and right the way through to the end of the world. In a way the book enables you to place what has happened in recent history and give you a glimpse on what is to come. How it does that is by splitting the theme of the book up into ten different sections and the author Daniel Friedman uses his own reflections and thoughts throughout the book.

Reading the book, I found a lot of Daniel's reflections to be very profound and thoughtful, as he has a wonderful ability to make you think and how life itself is one big story with lots of little mazes which you have to follow in order to make the choices in life you have to. Whilst it is a biblical book, in my opinion it would be a book for anyone who is looking for constant spitiual guidance, without the need to pay a lot of money to get people to help you find your inner person. The good thing is that he covers interpretaions in all of the major religions, so anyone with a different faith can also use this book.

The book can also be used as a history of religion, as people can learn about the timeline of each of the religions that are covered in this book – how they start and how this was developed throughout the ages. Reading the book, I learnt so much more about each of the religions, and how little seeds can be built in life to make yourself as a person, think and become more thoughtful and helpful in life.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The reason that I gave the 4 star rating is that it is a deeply thoughtful book, and the way that each chapter is written helps to explain Daniel's thought process on his meaning of life helps even a non-religious person to realize that the Bible can help people find themselves spiritually.

I think the length of the book is just right for someone to read and to get their head around things. Certainly would expect religious leaders to have a copy of this book on their shelves to help them write their weekly sermons as the messages in the book would be easily understood.

Roadmap to the End of Days
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like pcaygs34's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”