Official Review: The Hidden Puzzle in Marriage

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emie Cuevas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emie-cuevas.html
Latest Review: Trumpism: A Cultural Psycho-Genesis by Michel Valentin
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Official Review: The Hidden Puzzle in Marriage

Post by Emie Cuevas »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Hidden Puzzle in Marriage" by Samuel Adjeipong.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“There is a catch to intimacy in marriage”, which Hidden Puzzle in Marriage: The Twist Against Choice by Samuel Adjeipong reveals. This is a factual treatise on what God promised man in the Garden of Eden. Samuel explains what certain passages in the Bible actually mean and backs this up with examples.

In the beginning, God made man and all the animals from the dust of the Earth. He then had Adam name all the animals; afterwards he put Adam in a deep sleep and removed a rib to make Eve. This makes Woman unique out of all creation, in that she is made of Man, not dust. In presenting Eve to Adam, God made man several promises, which he still keeps to this day. These promises are expounded on in this book. As I am contemplating getting married in the near future, I was anxious to read this book to see if I was making a mistake.

The book is a real eye opener into what God meant for all of us. I especially loved the part where Samuel declares, “a woman is only a wife if she marries the right person. Otherwise, she is just a woman wearing a ring.” This really brings home why there is such a high divorce rate in the world. One of God’s promises is for a couple to prosper in marriage. Therefore, this quote also goes to show why there is so much poverty in the world.

I found the book most enlightening, not only did the author explain what certain passages in the Bible really meant he also provided copious examples. He quoted many stories from the Bible and then referenced them to the points he had explained earlier in the book. This was by far, not only the easiest part of the book to read, but also the best portrayal of what the author was trying to convey.

There are several contradictions in the book. The worst one in my eyes is where the author states that everyone believes that God created us, even if that person believes that God doesn’t exist. There are also many grammar mistakes. These are mostly where Samuel uses the wrong tense but there are others too. The biggest problem I found in reading this book was all the repetitions. The book could have been about two thirds of its actual size without them.

Although I found the information to be very useful for myself, considering the situation I am in. I am forced, because of all the grammar mistakes and repetitions, to give this book a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. I think that anybody who is single would do well to read this book, whether they are currently contemplating trying to find a partner or not. I would also advise that any councilors that advice married people and anyone in the religious profession should read this book and share its contents with the community at large.

The Hidden Puzzle in Marriage
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Emie Cuevas's review? Post a comment saying so!
Whether you Think you can,
or you Think you can't,
You are Right

Napoleon Hill
Michael1
Currently Reading: The Pirate's Journal
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Michael1 »

The book has various repetitions, and grammar mistakes whereby I give the rating 2 out of 4 Stars
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee

Post by Cristina Chifane »

I was curious if the author managed to solve The Hidden Puzzle in Marriage. :) Thank you for your review.
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Seems like there's lots of good information here even for old married couples. Too bad about the errors and contradictions. Still, it's worth a look.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

An analysis of marriage using the Bible as a reference sounds fantastic. I wonder why sometimes the author contradicts himself. I'm glad you could benefit reading this book. Thanks for the review!
Edwin277736-71
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Edwin277736-71 »

Marriage life so complex but I really love the way it has been brought forth here .Thank you.
KFree_Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfree-reads.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by KFree_Reads »

Nice review! I agree with the recommendation you gave at the end of the review. I was thinking the very same while I read your review.Some counselors usually recommend books to their clients and I definitely think this would be a great book to add to their collection. Sounds like a good book,however, I'm not sure I can get past those contradictions.Thanks for your thorough and honest review.
NeonKay
Favorite Book: Guradian of Deceit
Currently Reading: The 11.05 Murders
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neonkay.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Post by NeonKay »

Marriage life is never an easy decision if you yourself will not commit to it. That's what I think about the topic raised by the author in his book. I like how this review has been written and prior to the examples given in this section, I can see that there are points in the author's book that is debatable. I hope to read this book myself and see how it goes for me. :)
There's nothing else more exciting than making a rough place your comfort zone. :wink: --kc fernandez
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

I like that this is a book for all, married or unmarried. The biblical references validate it further and can be used as a reference point for those unfamiliar with these texts. To elevate it to the next level, a round of editing is mandatory.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane

Post by kfwilson6 »

"As I am contemplating getting married in the near future, I was anxious to read this book to see if I was making a mistake." I found this statement to be an odd thing to say and maybe it's a cultural difference between us but I hope you didn't put too much stock in one single book. This book should not sway you toward or away from marriage. There are copious books written on marriage and relationships and you could probably find one that will tell you exactly what you want to hear. Marrying "the right person" doesn't necessarily mean you happened to CHOOSE the right person, it means you married someone who will commit to and work at your marriage and that you will do the same. As a newly married woman who truly loves her husband and would never walk away from the relationship, I can tell you that I seek out books that only help me to build my marriage. There are many of those out there and it's not about who I married, it's about me and my perception of my marriage and my husband that makes all the difference.
Bamporiki
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Bamporiki »

Congrats i love the Book and your point as a young and single but what I like you to understand is there lot of things in marriage life you need to check and make your own experience "a woman is only a wife if she marries the right person. Otherwise, she is just a woman wearing a ring.” I like those words you quoted but try and review again their lot there you will find to improve more your book.you give 3Stars of 4.....
prettysmart
Currently Reading: Big Doc Bitteroot
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prettysmart.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by prettysmart »

When you mentioned that "the author states that everyone believes that God created us, even if that person believes that God doesn’t exist", yes I agree that contradiction was seriously nerve-wracking but wonderful review!
Lilydarky
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lilydarky »

Had grammatical errors but I like where the story goes, it gives marriage a different meaning
Ellis Cantor
Favorite Book: A Morbid Taste for Bones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellis-cantor.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Ellis Cantor »

Never mind the grammar errors and repetitions. What about the author's stance as reader and interpreter of God's mind?

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”