Official Review: His Special Little Girl - Incest in a Ch...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
aolusegun20
Favorite Book: The Surgeon's Wife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aolusegun20.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Re: Official Review: His Special Little Girl - Incest in a Ch...

Post by aolusegun20 »

What a world? How could a father sexually abuse his own daughter? That's a great job Jody.
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Vermont Reviews »

Rosemary Okoko wrote: 21 Feb 2018, 03:46 I agree with you KFree_Reads that it is not easy to discuss sexual abuse. I congratulate the author for making the decision to write this book and doing it very well. Thank you KFree_Reads for your comments!
I read this one in one day.
Great review
Vermont Reviews
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Cate Mbevi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cate-mbevi.html
Latest Review: The Attuned by Gary B. Haley

Post by Cate Mbevi »

Thank you for the review and thanks to the author for having the courage to share her story. Incest stories provoke both the emotions of sympathy and anger. Right now I feel angered by the perpetrator but I hope the emotion will cool down to allow me read the book.
Pattiej
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by Pattiej »

Slow start but I was so engrossed by the final chapters that I stayed up until 2:00 in the morning to finish! I laughed and cried all the way through. Jody Lynn Rutherford's story was, in many ways, similar to mine.
My father would never have dreamed of violating little girls like Jody's dad; and would have killed the family friend that did, if I had told. This friend wasn't the only person who used me. Decades later I, too, have been healed by the grace of God.
I enjoyed the descriptions of family life. Jody's family was actually better off financially than mine but we enjoyed many of the same simple pleasures that Jody did. It's nice to find a book to which I can relate so well.
The writing itself was good at times, not so good at others; as one would expect from a person who is writing their own story. However, the messages are powerful. The book has the potential to help many people who have been abused, even those who abuse. I appreciate the pages of resources at the back of the book and the personal testimonies. It is an amazing testament to Jody's mother that all of her children accepted Christ; and that they indeed rose up and called her "blessed". The overarching theme of the book, in my opinion, is not the betrayal and incest, but the overwhelming grace of God and His power to change lives.
Ebonez_nahmi
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebonez-nahmi.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by Ebonez_nahmi »

I know this book is about learning to forgive, love and help sexual offenders in the best way possible, but I couldn't help getting irritated by the constant references to loving their father/grandfather and trying to get a less severe punishment from the law. At a point, I stopped and exclaimed, "Really?" when I read that the father got off on probation!
in my opinion, sexual abusers don't change easily and should be put away for a very long time so that they never get the chance to hurt anyone again.
If you think learning is tough, try ignorance :techie-studyingbrown:
Tomisin89
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Tomisin89 »

Indeed one can not be too careful in watching out for the children as the author revealed that sexual abuse can happen anywhere.
Kashosi
Currently Reading: Gringo
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kashosi.html
Latest Review: Real Secrets Of Life by Krishna Jagarnath

Post by Kashosi »

Sexual abuse baffles me special incest it an insane thing to do. The most broken sexual behavior ever existed. When i saw the title i wanted to read the book but now that i have read the review i find it so hard. I speak blessing into the author's bravery to share such. It is not an easy but i thank God for her healing to be able to share this experience with us.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”