Review by bangun89 -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bangun89
2018 Reading Goal: 3
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 166
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bangun89.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Review by bangun89 -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by bangun89 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Published by Mind Adventure Press, Boston, MA, 2013.

This book tells about some meeting between the author with some special people along his life. These special people become unexpected gurus who inspired him to understand himself and life correctly. Though these gurus may not consciously know it, their purpose is to help him shatter self-limiting myths that prevent him from fully experiencing his live.

It is important to understand that act of deconstructing a myth is more than just revealing an untruth and having an insight, there must also be an equal and opposite reaction to the myth. We will see the author did that act as we read his stories. That is, he must go out in the world and act as though his newly discovered truth is so. He must give the same energy to the truth that he gave to the myth. And these gurus always show up at the perfect time and right place to disrupt an old pattern of thinking.

The storyline that runs from childhood, college until the author reaches a well-established life has been told with interesting and easy-to-understand language. It makes the reader enter into the time being told. The author also makes a note of every lesson he gets from every guru. These notes always taken by author as guidance on the problems he faces.

Gurus that the author has met along his life are various people from his auntie, his uncle, his neighbor, his school teacher, and others. These gurus have given a kind attitude that impress the author become a good person. The author likes to think that he is becoming a little wiser as he is growing older. He see moment like the speed trap as life’s way of throwing him a pop quiz to see if he is still growing and if he is practicing what he is preaching. Nothing satisfies more than passing such a quiz. It means that he is walking his talk; he is living his life according to what’s important and true.

The lessons from these gurus have shaped the author's character from a small village kid to a successful property entrepreneur, motivator and public speaking. You can live a life of hesitation, or you can live a life of inspiration. A life of inspiration requires believing in yourself today more than yesterday. Supporting this belief requires taking on more, the more you dare to do, the more you can do. The author's life story can be a role model and an inspiration to his readers. It makes this book interesting. I rate this book for 3 out of 4.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like bangun89's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”